|By Marketwired .||
|April 15, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/15/14 -- Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today launched Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE6, the complete multi-device, natively compiled app development platform for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac.
Most developers are making the move to mobile. Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 is one of the most complete software development solutions for building natively compiled apps for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac from a single code base. It introduces the first C++ visual development environment for Android apps, enables developers to modernize their Windows applications with VCL enhancements and easy expansion to mobile, and quickly creates high-quality apps on multiple platforms and devices, effectively increasing developer productivity up to 20x.
- Expanded support for Android makes Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 the only solution on the market to provide an integrated development environment (IDE) that supports visual development of C++ applications for Windows, Android, iOS and Mac. Users can create natively compiled apps for all platforms for both desktop and mobile, and even wearable devices like Google Glass, with a single C++ or Object Pascal (Delphi) codebase. A simple recompile delivers the same app with either a native or custom user interface (UI) to iOS, Windows, and Mac OS X with no code changes. RAD Studio XE6 supports multiple versions of Android, including 4.4 KitKat.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 helps Windows VCL (Visual Component Library) developers support their customers' move to mobile with a manageable effort. New App Tethering components enable developers to extend existing Windows VCL applications to mobile -- including wearable devices likes Google Glass -- without having to port an entire Windows application. Developers can create easy-to-build and powerful mobile companion apps for VCL applications, and pick the features that make sense for mobile and can easily interact with existing Windows applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easier for users to take advantage of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 features and style to transition customers from the no longer supported Windows XP to modern Windows 7 and 8.1 operating systems. Using RAD Studio XE6, app developers can modernize VCL Windows applications; preview and interact with multi-windowed applications with new Windows taskbar components; give applications a fresh, updated Windows 7 and 8.1 or custom look; and fully style applications, including menus and borders, to deliver a modern user experience. Developers can also give customers high performance 64-bit versions of their 32-bit apps.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 makes it easy to connect with cloud services and Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) providers. New BaaS integration with components for Kinvey and Parse provides easy application access to powerful backend services in the cloud -- such as push notifications, storage, and user authentication -- thus eliminating the need for developers to build or operate their own backend IT services and infrastructure. Developers can now quickly integrate with leading BaaS providers to add functionality and platform services to their mobile applications.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio XE6 empowers app developers to monetize mobile apps by integrating in-app purchase functionality and advertising. Developers can sell content, functionality, services and subscriptions on iOS and Android. RAD Studio XE6 supports the top ad networks, including Google AdMob and Apple iAd.
- RAD Studio XE6, Delphi XE6 and C++Builder XE6 are available immediately from Embarcadero and from Embarcadero partners.
- Visit the Embarcadero online store at https://store.embarcadero.com/ for pricing.
- To download a free trial, visit http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/downloads.
- "Our customers asked us to create a mobile version of our desktop application that can be used by their field personnel. RAD Studio XE6 has provided us with the ability to create truly native versions of our applications for both iOS and Android," said Bill Brookfield, Senior Programmer, Perconti Data Systems. "The single code base and outstanding IDE allowed us to build, test and deploy to our customers in record time."
- "Windows developers today are looking for ways to bring their applications to other platforms even as they deal with the discontinuation of support for Windows XP," Al Hilwa, Program Director for IDC's Application Development Software research. "RAD Studio XE6 is a multi-platform development environment for both desktop and mobile that helps developers transition to the latest Windows OS and extend their Windows apps to mobile using a single C++ or Delphi codebase."
- "Now that Windows XP is officially retired, app developers face new pressures and opportunities to modernize their Windows applications and transition customers onto a supported OS," said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of products at Embarcadero Technologies. "RAD Studio XE6 will help developers update their VCL applications to the latest versions of Windows and provide a fast and easy way to extend existing Windows applications to iOS and Android mobile devices, and even wearable devices like Google Glass. RAD Studio XE6 offers a complete multi-device application platform that demonstrates our commitment to supporting the Windows desktop OS and evolving our mobile support to deliver critical features and support for our customers' success across desktop and mobile platforms with a single code base."
RAD Studio XE6 launched by @EmbarcaderoTech. Modernizes Windows XP apps; extends them to mobile: http://embt.co/RADXE6PR
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.
AppDynamics, the application intelligence leader for software-defined businesses, announced the general availability of the AppDynamics Fall '14 Release. Serving the combined needs of IT and business teams across the enterprise, the latest release provides a comprehensive view across all aspects of digital performance in ultra large scale deployments. AppDynamics delivers Application Intelligence by building out advanced capabilities across the key areas of analytics, unified monitoring and D...
Feb. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,100
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
Feb. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,059
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the tec...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,453
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise be...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,014
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,375
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,786
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Feb. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,273
Amazon, Google and Facebook are household names in part because of their mastery of Big Data. But what about organizations without billions of dollars to spend on Big Data tools - how can they extract value from their data? In his session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Ali Ghodsi, Co-Founder and Head of Engineering at Databricks, discussed how the zero management cost and scalability of the cloud is addressing the challenges and pain points that data engineers face when working with Big Data. He also s...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,570
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,024
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of present...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,108
IBM has announced a new strategic technology services agreement with Anthem, Inc., a health benefits company in the U.S. IBM has been selected to provide operational services for Anthem's mainframe and data center server and storage infrastructure for the next five years. Among the benefits of the relationship, Anthem has the ability to leverage IBM Cloud solutions that will help increase the ease, availability and speed of adding infrastructure to support new business requirements.
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,618
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,726
Today, IT is not just a cost center. IT is an enabler and driver of business. With the emergence of the hybrid cloud paradigm, IT now has increasingly more capabilities to create new strategic opportunities for a business. Hybrid cloud allows an organization to utilize multi-tenant public clouds, dedicated private clouds, bare metal hosting, and the associated support and services for the right use cases through an on-demand, XaaS model. This model of IT creates tremendous opportunities for busi...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,704
DevOps means different things to different people. Qubell defines DevOps as the ability for the developer teams to do what they need to do to have this level of self-service. At DevOps Summit, Stan Klimoff, CTO of Qubell, demos the enterprise DevOps platform.
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,401
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, explored the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, wa...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,297