|By Business Wire||
|April 15, 2014 08:03 AM EDT||
“Moka5 has been at the forefront of the new enterprise end-user (EU) computing market and now with Vanguard, Moka5 delivers fully on its promise,” said Dave Robbins, CEO, Moka5. “Combining truly massive scalability with a great user experience, IT is able to guarantee client performance while simplifying its overall management footprint and significantly reducing costs.”
Offering truly impressive scalability versus legacy VDI and greater APIs for infrastructure integration, M5 LivePCv4 delivers enhanced enterprise manageability and security for both personal and corporate computers – critical for successful BYOD, CYOD, mobile workforce, contractor management, and other IT initiatives requiring mobility and security across heterogeneous hardware platforms.
“While other companies have claimed some level of desktop support for BYOD or CYOD initiatives, only Moka5 has really delivered on true desktop management for laptops and notebooks,” said Stefan Strobel, CEO, Cirosec, a premier Moka5 EU cyber security partner. “With the Vanguard release Moka5 really brings it to a whole new level. Happy customers are the key to our success and partnering with Moka5 is one of our core strategies to ensure customer satisfaction.”
M5 LivePCv4 uses client-side virtualization technology to enable Windows and Macs to run a fully configured and encrypted corporate desktop within a highly secure, centrally managed container. As the only client virtualization solution that works both on and off line, M5 LivePC v4 fully isolates sensitive corporate information and applications from personal information and applications, as well as the host itself.
“We’re extremely excited by the new Vanguard release. As a company at the forefront of optimizing enterprise client computing using Moka5 as our base technology, we’ve been looking for the level of infrastructure integration, security, and simplicity that Vanguard brings,” said Sabrina Storozuk, CEO, Faktor11, a premier Moka5 NA Cloud partner. “More importantly, the anticipated infrastructure cost-savings for our customers due to Vanguard’s scalability is a tangible benefit realized from day one of deployment. We look forward to a long and prosperous partnership with Moka5.”
Core enterprise enablement features include:
- Scalability - 14,000 containers per management server (versus 50 to 100 for standard VDI images), achieved via 64-bit architecture and improved connection handling, caching, and SSL performance
- Container management REST APIs - integrate revoke, unrevoke, kill in to existing tools such as systems management or help desk
- Self-service REST APIs - integrate self-service provisioning capabilities into existing portals
- User download controls - avoid costly cellular network data charges
- Improved host security assessment – Integrated host malware check
- More robust file transfer between Primary Image Stores and Moka5 Replicas / Amazon S3 Replicas
- Compatibility alerts prior to LivePC download
To learn more details about Moka5 and LivePC v4, please visit www.Moka5.com.
Moka5 delivers a secure, device-aware, digital workspace across any network - creating a highly elastic and mobile Enterprise perimeter with significantly less management overhead than legacy VDI or mobility solutions. Using the Moka5 platform, Enterprises can achieve greater agility, competitive advantage, and business velocity. To learn more, visit www.moka5.com.