|By Pat Romanski||
|April 16, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
Jelastic on Tuesday announced support for multiple ISV software packages in Jelastic's products for enterprises, hosting service providers and developers. This support is achieved using OpenShift by Red Hat's pluggable Cartridge standard, allowing those developers to build application interfaces only once, instead of multiple times for each PaaS/platform, and immediately achieve support for OpenShift PaaS and Jelastic Platform-as-Infrastructure.
"Jelastic is committed to dramatically simplifying the development, deployment and management of the enterprise cloud, providing full control to IT management while allowing self-management of environments and resources to developers and DevOps," said John Derrick, Jelastic CEO.
Last November, Jelastic announced a collaboration with Red Hat, Inc., on OpenShift to drive the global standardization of pluggable Cartridges for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). As a result of that collaboration, Jelastic has added support for OpenShift's Cartridge model to its Platform-as-Infrastructure offering - making it easier for independent software vendors (ISVs) to offer core services in multiple platforms and for a wider array of cloud ecosystems and marketplaces.
The first vendor applications to be supported by Jelastic using the Cartridge model are:
- Neo4j Server: a highly scalable, robust native graph database
- Redis: an open source, BSSD licensed, advanced key-value store
- Apache Cassandra: a scalable and highly-available database
- Jetty: A web server providing an HTTP server and Servlet container
- Jelastic's Platform-as-Infrastructure is a turnkey cloud solution that can be deployed as a private, public or hybrid cloud by enterprises or hosting service providers.
- Platform-as-Infrastructure combines the traditional paradigms of Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service to provide a comprehensive Java, Ruby and PHP platform.
- Jelastic achieves significant deployment, management and operational savings by delivering a turnkey cloud platform for a fraction of the cost of existing virtualization solutions.
- For developers, Jelastic provides one-click deployment and automatic scalability of Java, Ruby and PHP applications without the need to code to proprietary APIs.