|By Marketwired .||
|April 17, 2014 05:52 PM EDT||
IRVING, TX--(Marketwired - April 17, 2014) - The second annual Promotional Products Work! Week, April 21-25, 2014, established by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI; ppai.org), the world's largest and oldest not-for-profit association serving more than 10,800 corporate members of the $19 billion promotional products industry which is comprised of more than 33,800 businesses and a workforce of nearly 500,000 professionals, brings together the promotional products industry to raise awareness about the proven power of promotional products and their demonstrated effectiveness for advertisers and marketers as a top advertising medium.
"Advertisers and marketers love promotional products because they deliver the highest rate of reach, recall and return on investment in the advertising industry, as the most cost-effective way to impact a targeted audience in a tangible, long-lasting and memorable manner," said Paul Bellantone, CAE, PPAI president and CEO. "Promotional Products Work! Week brings together industry stakeholders to inspire advertisers and marketers and promote business growth for the industry and the buyers alike."
Promotional Products Work! Week is all about:
- Commemorating one of the oldest forms of branding and advertising.
- Demonstrating, through fact-based research, promotional products as a highly effective medium for advertisers and marketers.
- Sharing the positive impact promotional products businesses have on the economy, jobs and communities.
- Celebrating the sixth fastest-growing advertising medium in the U.S., positioning promotional products eighth among traditional and digital advertising expenditures.
PPAI research* shows:
- 88 percent of consumers recall the advertiser on promotional products
- 85 percent have done business with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item
- 83 percent like promotional products
- 81 percent keep them because they are useful
- 53 percent use promotional products once a week
- 47 percent keep them for more than a year
During Promotional Products Work! Week the $19 billion promotional products industry with its more than 33,800 businesses, 97 percent of which are small businesses, and more than 500,000 professionals will work to create awareness for the value promotional products deliver and the positive impact promotional products businesses have on the U.S. economy, job creation and community enrichment.
Events will take place around the U.S. and are organized by promotional products industry professionals including suppliers, distributors and regional associations who are raising awareness in the communities they serve. They include open houses, speaking engagements at schools and universities, and business gatherings, a day of service supporting local charities, legislative outreach and hospitality and appreciation days.
Promotional Products Work! Week, events include (partial list):
- NWPMA & iClick PPW! Week Lunch & Learn, Seattle, Washington (April 23) - hosted by Northwest Promotional Marketing Association and iClick, this gathering features a presentation by Chris Piper, CAS on promotional products marketing, research and best practices to build business and create stronger partnerships with clients.
- SAAC How It's Made Series, Orange & Ventura Counties, California (April 22 & 24) - hosted by Specialty Advertising Association of California, Evans Manufacturing, Logomark, SimbaCal and PerfecLine will conduct open houses and factory tours.
- TRASA Day of Service, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (April 24) - Members of the Three Rivers Advertising Specialty Association will volunteer at the Education Partnership warehouse.
- HPPA Day of Service, Houston, Texas (April 25) - Members of the Houston Promotional Products Association will deliver donated items to the Richmond State School and local chapters of Career Gear and Dress for Success.
- AZPPA Factory Tour, Phoenix, Arizona (May 2) - An open house and factory tour hosted by Fairytail Brownies will demonstrate how two friends from kindergarten went on to perfect the art of gift giving and baking wonderfully delicious cookies and buttery bars.
As founder and producer of Promotional Products Work! Week, PPAI is committed to increasing awareness and building business for the promotional products industry around the world. The association's awareness program is a resource for the promotional products industry, advertisers and marketers, colleges and universities and businesses large and small.
* Source: Promotional Products Association International: The Influence of Promotional Products on Consumer Behavior
Founded in 1903, the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) is the world's largest and oldest not-for-profit association serving more than 10,800 corporate members of the $19 billion promotional products industry which is comprised of more than 33,800 businesses and a workforce of nearly 500,000 professionals. PPAI represents the industry in Washington, D.C., and advocates on its behalf. PPAI operates the industry's largest trade show, (The PPAI Expo is held each January); leading promotional products safety and compliance program, more than 50-year-old professional development and certification program; and industry trade journals and periodicals. The multi-billion-dollar industry includes wearables, writing instruments, calendars, drinkware and many other items, usually imprinted with a company's name, logo or message. For more information, visit PPAI.org and find us on Twitter @PPAI_HQ, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
The following files are available for download:
- PPAI News Release - Industry Celebrates Advertising That Makes People Say Thank You
- PPAI Promotional Products Fact Sheet - Infographic
- PPWW logo2014 gray RGB
- PPWW Icon2014 Confetti color RGB
- People Love Promotional Products
Kim R. Todora