|By PR Newswire||
|April 21, 2014 05:20 AM EDT||
PARKERSBURG, W.Va., April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MS -- Add a new twist to your annual spring home improvement campaign. Spend some quality time with your house, and make a list of the pluses and minuses as if you were considering whether to buy it. Use the list to develop projects that will create your "dream home" over a year's time. To help you, Woodcraft offers ideas for projects and products.
- Use paints, stains, dyes, finishes and related products to reinvigorate the wood throughout your home, including doors, shutters, walls and furniture.
- Add molding or other trim to give walls an upscale look.
- Expand storage space with wall hung or free-standing shelving in as many rooms and areas as possible.
- Replace or upcycle kitchen, bathroom or garage cabinets as well as outdated bathroom vanities.
- Add a wood deck, patio or porch to your outdoor area, and repair/revive or build outdoor furniture.
"If the changes you envision involve unfamiliar tasks, do some research. We offer books about home improvement, as well as Woodcraft Magazine, technique downloads and product how-to videos online," product manager Ben Bice said. "Or get some expert advice at your nearest Woodcraft store."
- General Finishes Water-Based Milk Paints include a 28-color base selection of premixed acrylic paints that can be combined to create even more colors
- suitable for indoor or outdoor projects.
- General Finishes Gel Stains and Topcoat are easy to use — simply wipe on with a rag and wipe off the excess. Stains are available in 12 shades, including the popular Java and Georgian Cherry.
- Festool's Rotex RO90 Multi-Purpose Sander switches easily between three sanding modes — aggressive, random orbital finish sanding and delta detail sanding — that will handle a host of tasks.
- The QuikBENCH Portable Workbench holds 300 lbs. alone. Add another to form a sawhorse to hold 2,000 pounds, or connect several for a larger workstation. Includes a circuit protected three-outlet power strip.
- The EZ Pro Crown King Crown Molding Jig from General Tools works with a miter saw to cut crown molding joints precisely without difficult angle calculations and compound angle cuts.
- 3M PSA-Backed Veneer is real wood veneer permanently bonded to 3M Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. It can be applied to MDF, particleboard, plywood and drywall with excellent results.
- Fein's MultiMaster Q Start Kit is equipped for sawing, rasping, scraping, removing grout, sanding, polishing and cutting, all powered by a 250-watt, variable-speed motor.
- "Transforming Your Kitchen with Stock Cabinetry" is a 160-page softcover book that shows how to transform a kitchen using money-saving stock cabinetry and a well-thought-out plan.
- Grex 18-Gauge 2" Nailer — Green Buddy is a precision nailer that fires 1/2" to 2" 18-gauge nails for trim and moldings, cabinet assembly, furniture and more.
- The Kreg Jig® K5 Pocket Hole System offers an easy way to use pocket-hole joints in your furniture and home projects such as decks and porches.
To learn more about these products and others that can help you update your home, visit your local Woodcraft store, call (800) 535-4482 or visit www.woodcraft.com.