|By PR Newswire||
|April 21, 2014 05:20 AM EDT||
PARKERSBURG, W.Va., April 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- MS -- Add a new twist to your annual spring home improvement campaign. Spend some quality time with your house, and make a list of the pluses and minuses as if you were considering whether to buy it. Use the list to develop projects that will create your "dream home" over a year's time. To help you, Woodcraft offers ideas for projects and products.
- Use paints, stains, dyes, finishes and related products to reinvigorate the wood throughout your home, including doors, shutters, walls and furniture.
- Add molding or other trim to give walls an upscale look.
- Expand storage space with wall hung or free-standing shelving in as many rooms and areas as possible.
- Replace or upcycle kitchen, bathroom or garage cabinets as well as outdated bathroom vanities.
- Add a wood deck, patio or porch to your outdoor area, and repair/revive or build outdoor furniture.
"If the changes you envision involve unfamiliar tasks, do some research. We offer books about home improvement, as well as Woodcraft Magazine, technique downloads and product how-to videos online," product manager Ben Bice said. "Or get some expert advice at your nearest Woodcraft store."
- General Finishes Water-Based Milk Paints include a 28-color base selection of premixed acrylic paints that can be combined to create even more colors
- suitable for indoor or outdoor projects.
- General Finishes Gel Stains and Topcoat are easy to use — simply wipe on with a rag and wipe off the excess. Stains are available in 12 shades, including the popular Java and Georgian Cherry.
- Festool's Rotex RO90 Multi-Purpose Sander switches easily between three sanding modes — aggressive, random orbital finish sanding and delta detail sanding — that will handle a host of tasks.
- The QuikBENCH Portable Workbench holds 300 lbs. alone. Add another to form a sawhorse to hold 2,000 pounds, or connect several for a larger workstation. Includes a circuit protected three-outlet power strip.
- The EZ Pro Crown King Crown Molding Jig from General Tools works with a miter saw to cut crown molding joints precisely without difficult angle calculations and compound angle cuts.
- 3M PSA-Backed Veneer is real wood veneer permanently bonded to 3M Pressure Sensitive Adhesive. It can be applied to MDF, particleboard, plywood and drywall with excellent results.
- Fein's MultiMaster Q Start Kit is equipped for sawing, rasping, scraping, removing grout, sanding, polishing and cutting, all powered by a 250-watt, variable-speed motor.
- "Transforming Your Kitchen with Stock Cabinetry" is a 160-page softcover book that shows how to transform a kitchen using money-saving stock cabinetry and a well-thought-out plan.
- Grex 18-Gauge 2" Nailer — Green Buddy is a precision nailer that fires 1/2" to 2" 18-gauge nails for trim and moldings, cabinet assembly, furniture and more.
- The Kreg Jig® K5 Pocket Hole System offers an easy way to use pocket-hole joints in your furniture and home projects such as decks and porches.
To learn more about these products and others that can help you update your home, visit your local Woodcraft store, call (800) 535-4482 or visit www.woodcraft.com.
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Mar. 1, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,216
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,443
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,230
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Mar. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,350
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Mar. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,332
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,211
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Mar. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,109
SYS-CON Events announced today Arista Networks will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Arista Networks was founded to deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning 10/40/100GbE switches redefine scalability, robustness, and price-performance, with over 3,000 customers and more than three million cloud networking ports depl...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,558
Application metrics, logs, and business KPIs are a goldmine. It’s easy to get started with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – you can see lots of people coming up with impressive dashboards, in less than a day, with no previous experience. Going from proof-of-concept to production tends to be a bit more difficult, unfortunately, and it tends to gobble up our attention, time, and money. In his session at DevOps Summit, Otis Gospodnetić, co-author of Lucene in Action and founder...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,315
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
Mar. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,188
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,560
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,369
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @Things...
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,264
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,916
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Mar. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,723