|By Business Wire||
|April 21, 2014 10:00 PM EDT||
The GSMA today announced that, together with Cyberport and the Communications Association of Hong Kong (CAHK), it is hosting the GSMA-Cyberport 2014 Asia Innovation Forum 23-24 April at the Cyberport Conference and Exhibition Centre in Hong Kong. Under the theme of “Building a More Vibrant Mobile Ecosystem through Innovation and Collaboration”, the event will bring together key players in the mobile ecosystem, including mobile operators, Internet companies, incubators, entrepreneurs, policy makers, regulators and academia, and will focus on innovation and the role of various sectors in accelerating innovation.
“Innovation has always been at the very heart of the mobile industry and we’ve seen many significant developments in this technology sector in a relatively short period of time. As we move to an increasingly mobile world, we need to continue to drive the pace of innovation in order to deliver new products and services to our customers and to create value for players across the mobile ecosystem,” said Irene Ng, Head of Asia, GSMA. “We’re excited to be teaming with Cyberport and the CAHK to explore these very important topics and to establish an ongoing dialogue on innovation in the Asia Pacific region.”
Sessions at the two-day Asia Innovation Forum will focus on topics such as “New Trends in the Mobile Sector”, “Creating the Ideal Environment to Foster Innovation”, “Exploring Models of Smart Partnership” and “Protecting the Value of Your Innovation and Investment”. The event will feature a range of keynote speeches and panel discussions and will also include a series of “pitching sessions” designed to help entrepreneurs perfect the presentation of their companies and value propositions.
Speakers participating in the Asia Innovation Forum include:
- Guillaume Mascot, Director of Public Affairs, Alcatel-Lucent
- Francois Candelon, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- Chetan Sharma, President, Chetan Sharma Consulting
- Professor Wilton Chau, Director, Pan Asia Venture Development Platform, MBA Programs, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and Vice Chairman, HK Business Angel Network
- Dr. Dominic Chan, Honourary Project Director of Centre for Entrepreneurship, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Stephen Ho, Chairman, Communications Association of Hong Kong and CEO, CITIC Telecom CPC
- Teddy Lo, Director, Corporate Solutions and Business Development, CSL
- Mark Clift, Chief Operating Officer, Cyberport
- William Fitzgerald, Policy Manager, Google Inc.
- Joey Lam, Deputy Government Chief Information Officer (Policy and Community), Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Peter Cheung, Director of the Intellectual Property Department and Registrar of Patents, Designs and Trademarks, Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Irene Ng, Head of Asia, GSMA
- Terence Wong, Outreach Director APAC, GSMA
- Dr. Cheung Nim-kwan, CEO, Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute
- Professor Xu Yan, Associate Dean, Business School, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Carlos Katsuya, Head of Asia Telecom, Media & Technology, International Finance Corporation
- Johnson Kong, Board Member, International Intellectual Property Commercialization Council
- Minette Navarrete, President, Kickstart Ventures
- Charles Mok, Legislative Councillor (Information Technology), Legislative Council, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Andrew Pang, CEO and Founder, Leovation Ltd.
- Paul Haswell, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Tan Ai Leen, Registrar, Singapore International Arbitration Centre
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators with 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in industry sectors such as financial services, healthcare, media, transport and utilities. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Expo.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.