|By Business Wire||
|April 22, 2014 02:42 PM EDT||
The Object Management Group® (OMG®) held its quarterly technical meeting at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA from March 24th-28th. Read on for the various highlights from throughout the meeting week. For a more in-depth look at specific meetings and events from the week, be sure to check out a report by Claude Baudoin of cébé IT & Knowledge Management at http://www.omg.org/news/meetings/tc/va-14/OMG_Reston_notes_03-2014.pdf.
Multiple events took place during the meeting week including the return of the hugely successful Business Architecture Innovation Summit, co-hosted by the Business Architecture Guild. Given the proximity to Washington DC, many events stuck with a government theme including the Cloud Standards Customer Council’s Public Sector Cloud Summit, Software Quality for Federal Acquisitions seminar hosted by the Consortium for IT Software Quality, and the Standards Coordinating Council’s Workshop on Information Sharing and Safeguarding Standards. The Semantics – Crossing the Chasm Workshop discussed the use of semantics in both the healthcare and finance industries.
The OMG Board of Directors adopted multiple technologies at this meeting. These include:
- Information Exchange Framework Policy Vocabulary submission
- Value Delivery Metamodel submission
- FIBO Foundations specification submission
- CTS2 XML to JSON Transformation Rules submission
The board also approved these revisions of existing OMG specifications:
- DDS Interoperability Wire Protocol 2.2
- SysML 1.4
- Extensible and Dynamic Topic Types for DDS 1.1
- UML Profile for BPMN Processes 1.0
- Case Management Model and Notation 1.0
- Ontology Definition Metamodel 1.1
RFCs AND RFPs ISSUED
New Requests for Comments (RFCs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) were issued during the meeting week. These include:
- Financial Instrument Global Identifier (FIGI) RFC
- IEF Reference Architecture RFP
- Implementation Patterns Metamodel for Software Systems RFC
- Object Constraint Language 2.5 RFP
- UML Profile for NIEM 3 RFP
To view these and other RFC, RFI and RFP documents, visit www.omg.org/public_schedule.
THE NEXT TC MEETING
OMG’s next meeting will take place at the Omni Parker House in Boston, MA, USA from June 16th-20th. For more information, visit www.omg.org/ma.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2014, the Object Management Group® (OMG®) is an international, open membership, not-for-profit technology standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes. Visit www.omg.org for more information.
Note to editors: For a listing of all OMG trademarks, visit http://www.omg.org/legal/tm_list.htm. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.