|By PR Newswire||
|April 24, 2014 10:19 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Colorado is the place to be this summer for all things innovative and fun. Following is a sampling of what's new in the state for the upcoming season. Visit www.COLORADO.com.
Attractions and Activities
- Opening July 12, Denver's Union Station will have six restaurants, 10 boutiques and the new 112-room Crawford Hotel.
- Aspen Alpine Guides
- Boulder Bike to Farm Tours offers guided bicycle rides with Awe-Struck Outdoors with visits to farms and a three-course lunch.
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort's Golf Course recently underwent $3.8 million in renovations and updates.
- The brand new Cheyenne Mountain State Park Archery Range features target ranges from 10 to 80 yards.
- The new Colorado Springs Happy Hour Tour is a guided tour to introduce the art and history of downtown.
- The Covered Wagon Historical Tour of Fort Collins allows visitors to take a ride with local guides through Old Town.
- The Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission recently announced a 102-Mile-Long Addition of Gold Medal Trout Waters.
- Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Trail Tours introduced Guided Mesa Verde Discovery Tours.
- The new Steamboat Mountain Bike Park contains 2,000 vertical feet and over 50 miles of trails.
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park in Denver is opening a new thrill ride this May, Brain Drain.
- The Estes Park Events Complex is scheduled to open in May 2014.
- Starting in May, Kent Mountain Adventure Center will offer cliff camping.
- Solaris Vail is offering the new Bag a Fourteener package this summer, providing guests with the preparation and goods to help climb Mount Elbert.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is introducing a new thrill ride in mid-May, Glenwood Canyon Flyer.
- Sundance Trail Guest Ranch has two new challenge courses opening this summer.
- This summer, Cave of the Winds will introduce TERROR-dactyl the Aerial Dive Ride,
- Geo Tours in Morrison has a new Boats & Beers brewery tour-rafting trip beginning in June.
- Beginning in mid-July, Snow Mountain Ranch will offer a tubing hill throughout the summer, fall and spring.
- CampVRB, from Breckenridge's Vertical Runner, is a new trail-focused running camp.
- Aspen Art Museum's new 30,000-square-foot building will hold its 24-hour grand opening on August 8, 2014.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park expects a grand re-opening in August 2014 with Phase 1 of its rebuild completed.
Hotel and Accommodations
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs will complete a $100 million, multi-year renovation and expansion this May.
- This May, The Curtis in Denver will complete a $5 million renovation project.
- Opening May 2014, the Marriott Renaissance in Denver is a new four-star hotel.
- Woolley's Classic Suites in Aurora will be a four-star, all-suite hotel opening in May.
- The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge will complete remodels and a new restaurant this August.
- Aspen's The Little Nell will introduce four renovated suites for the summer 2014 season.
- The Art Hotel, a new 165-room boutique hotel in Denver, is expected to open in 2014.
New Events, Festivals and Exhibits in 2014
- The inaugural Ouray ForkFest will take place April 25-26 featuring 12 local restaurants.
- The first Canon City Balloon Classic will be held May 24-26.
- Denver Flea will be held in City Park for the first time on May 24.
- On May 24-26, FEAST! in Vail will feature renowned Vail chefs.
- Celebrate Cedaredge, May 30-31, will launch a brand new look of Cedaredge's Main Street with a dedication.
- Oh Heck Yeah will transform Champa Street in Denver into an arcade every Thursday and Saturday, June 7-July 26.
- Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910 will be showing at Foothills Art Center in Golden from June 7-August 17.
- Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens will be an outdoor exhibition of artwork by American artist Dale Chihuly from June 14-November 30.
- The inaugural Women's Golf and Wellness Weekend will be held in Vail June 19-22.
- The Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, June 27-28, is a new streetcar competition at the Colorado Springs Airport.
- The World Lacrosse Championships will be held in Denver on July 10-19.
- Brilliant: Cartier in the 20th Century, a worldwide-exclusive exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, will show November 16, 2014-March 15, 2015.
Food and Beverage
- The Rooftop was added to Coors Field and opened in April 2014.
- One of Breckenridge's newest bars, Apres Handcrafted Libations serves up 30 rotating craft taps.
- David Burke Kitchen is scheduled to open in Aspen in June 2014 by renowned celebrity chef David Burke.
- Green Man Taproom is a new taproom in Colorado Springs with over 50 craft brewed beers on tap.
- Leopold Bros. is expanding with a new distillery, including a 1,900-square-foot tasting room.
- Rif Raff Brewing Company in Pagosa Springs recently installed a geothermal heat exchanger.
- The new Colorado Springs grass-fed burger restaurant, Skirted Heifer, serves homemade fries and chips.
- Winery at Pikes Peak, which recently opened in Cascade, is the first winery in the Pikes Peak region.
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Rocky Mountain National Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary from September 4, 2014 through September 4, 2015.
- The 2015 Alpine World Ski Championships will take place in Vail and Beaver Creek February 2-15, 2015.
Contacts: Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, [email protected]
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
May. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,170
A new definition of Big Data & the practical applications of the defined components & associated technical architecture models This presentation introduces a new definition of Big Data, along with the practical applications of the defined components and associated technical architecture models. In his session at Big Data Expo, Tony Shan will start with looking into the concept of Big Data and tracing back the first definition by Doug Laney, and then he will dive deep into the description of 3V...
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 873
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally – how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, provided answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He also discussed Intercloud and Cisco’s investment on it.
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,944
SYS-CON Events announced today that B2Cloud, a provider of enterprise resource planning software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. B2cloud develops the software you need. They have the ideal tools to help you work with your clients. B2Cloud’s main solutions include AGIS – ERP, CLOHC, AGIS – Invoice, and IZUM
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,319
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch ...
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,614
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and eas...
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,255
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immed...
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,483
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on T...
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,753
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,158
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
May. 3, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,166
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that a...
May. 3, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,238
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
May. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,343
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Ras...
May. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,784
Database apps on mobile devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, a Developer Advocate for IBM Cloudant, will discuss how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again), whenever an Internet connection is available. He will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with mobile devices in order to build offline-enabled mobile apps that can provide a better,...
May. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 889
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
May. 3, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,198