|By PR Newswire||
|April 26, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
DALLAS, April 26, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Unified Threat Management (UTM) is defined as a solution that integrates multiple point security technologies into a single network appliance. These solutions are generally easy to use and are cost-effective, which in turn delivers high value to end users in terms of space and energy efficiency. These appliances are also used for streamlining of management processes, reducing administrative overhead, and in maintenance burden.
Unified Threat Management market comprises mainly of appliances and services. Appliances include hardware, software and virtual. Hardware appliances accounts for the highest market share. On the other hand, software and virtual appliances are also expected to grow significantly. The services segment includes support and maintenance, and managed UTM as sub-segments. Out of this, support and maintenance accounts for the major market share.
Few high growth markets include:-
- Small Offices Home Offices (SOHO): SOHO would rapidly adopt UTM solutions due to its extensive benefits such as low cost, ease of deployment, and configuration capabilities.
- Virtual Appliances: This market is anticipated to grow with extensive integration of appliances with the cloud.
- Banking and Financial Institutions (BFSI): BFSI is one of the major end users of UTM solutions. Over the period of time, it is expected that BFSI would leverage the maximum benefits from UTM solutions.
- Distributors: The distributors hold a significant position in the UTM market. Distributors nearly control 65-70% of the whole market.
Order a copy of this report at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=169500 .
The key playing fields are virtual appliances in the UTM appliances market. Virtual appliances are widely adopted with integration of cloud and managed services. These appliances offer network security to virtual data centers. These appliances provide a complete web and email security solution that protects SMB's from new malware, malicious websites, phishing attacks, botnets, and other threats.
The BFSI vertical will account for the largest market share throughout the forecast period. However, there are few revenue pockets, namely government and utilities, healthcare, retail, and telecom and IT that will witness significant growth in this period.
The rise in the advanced threats such as SQL injection, cross site scripting, and sophisticated DDOS attacks which have targeted the SMB's across the world, has led to the increase in demand for next generation firewalls, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and web security gateway. This demand enforces the organizations to replace one's existing network security solutions with the UTM products. The UTM products are widely adopted by the SMB's, especially in the regions of North America (NA) and Western Europe, due to the product aging of its existing network security solutions.
The major challenge that the UTM market faces is lack of acceptance in the enterprise market. Enterprises generally demand solutions for high performance and network throughput. However, UTM solutions lacks in underlying capabilities. Hence, vendors in this segment are strategizing to improve on one's product line, especially dedicated to the large enterprises. The other major challenge in this market is the increasing UTM product price. Over the period of time, UTM vendors have added new functionalities to the existing products, thereby, raising the average price. However, this high product price would hamper the UTM's growth among Small Offices Home offices (SOHO) and small sized enterprises. This is because these enterprises lack in funds to buy sophisticated UTM solutions. Moreover, the prices are still anticipated to grow significantly due to extensive product development.
Comprehensive Table of Contents and more for the report "Unified Threat Management Market by Appliance (Hardware, Software, Virtual), Services, Managed UTM, Distribution Channel (Direct, VAR's, Distributors), Organization Size (SOHO, SMB, Enterprises) – Global Market Forecasts & Analysis (2014 – 2019)" is available at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/unified-threat-management-market-by-appliance-hardware-software-virtual-services-managed-utm-distribution-channel-direct-vars-distributors-organization-size-soho-smb-enterprise-market-report.html .
There are various assumptions that have been taken into consideration for the market sizing and forecasting exercise. Few of the global assumptions include political, economic, social, technological, and economic factors. For instance, exchange rates, one of the economic factors, are expected to have a moderate rating of impact on this market. Therefore, the dollar fluctuations are not expected to seriously affect the forecasts in the emerging regions of APAC.
The report will help the market leaders or new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the market into various sub-segments covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split across the different end users and regions.
- This report will h177elp in the better understanding of the competitors and gain more insights to better one's position in business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, which includes competitor ecosystem, and mergers and acquisition. Besides, there are company profiles of ten players in this market. In this section, market internals are provided that can put one ahead of the competitors.
- The report also helps in understanding the overall growth of the market. The report provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
Browse More reports on Software & Enterprise Computing Market at http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/information-technology-telecommunication/software-enterprise-computing .
Media Contact: Priyank Tiwari, RnRMarketResearch, +18883915441, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com