|By PR Newswire||
|April 27, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
DURHAM, N.C., April 27, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- In his State of Union address, President Obama unveiled his starter saving plan, naming it myRA. 'It guarantees a decent return with no risk of losing what you put in", President stated. However, there may be a problem with whether myRA offers a 'decent return' or not. Intended for roughly the half of US workers who don't have any employer-sponsored retirement plans, this government-run account will earn the same fluctuating interest rate as the Thrift Savings Plan Government Securities Investment Fund available to federal employees. The whole purpose of the plan is to get people started on lifetime savings as when an account reaches $15,000 it will be rolled over to private sector Roth IRA.
However, it may not be a path to riches. "A decent return is a rate of return that exceeds the rate of inflation", said Lance Roberts, chief economist and CEO of STA wealth management in Houston. He says this because if it had existed in 2012, it would have produced a return rate of 1.47 percent whereas the rate of inflation that year was 1.8 percent. Though the long-term returns sound bit more promising if compared to the rates in 2012, STA's Roberts notes that interest rates were falling continuously at that time and boosting fixed-income funds such as the G Fund.
The plan has good features no-doubt. For e.g. initial investments can be as small as $25 and contributions can start from $5 per paycheck with no administrative fees for account holders (the government picks tabs). However, two predominating reasons loom-up against it, saying it to be a terrible move. Firstly, experts say it can make you lose spending power. "These things are going to pay out at 1% to 1.5% at a time when real inflation is running at 2.5% - and that's only according to 'official' government figures", said Keith Fitz-Gerald, Chief Financial Strategist of Money Morning. He went on saying that this would not be a good deal for investors no matter how government honey-coats it. While he made this statement, he also said that he didn't even take interest rate risk into consideration when rates will start to rise a year or two in future. Secondly, Fitz said that no one should have a money manager with bad track record, and government especially has a bad track record. "The Government thinks Amtrak and United States Postal Office are viable businesses," Fitz exclaimed. "Do you really want it handling your investments?"
Expert speaker Rick Rodgers is presenting a live-webinar to review the changes being proposed and access the likelihood of the proposals being passed. He'll also review strategies that will minimize the impact of changes.
Here's a Sneak-peek of the Conference:
Five Things to Do Now To Prepare For the Retirement Plan Changes
The session 'Five things to Do Now to Prepare for the Retirement Plan Changes' on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 will review the 7 retirement plan changes in President Obama's 2015 budget proposal. Particular emphasis will be placed on specific strategies that can be implemented to properly plan for retirement.
- Five things to do now to prepare for the retirement plan changes
- What will Social Security look like in the future
- 8 Tips for safeguarding your pension
- Does the IRS have a bulls-eye on your retirement account
- Why tax deferral may not be the best strategy for retirement savings
For more information, visit http://www.audiosolutionz.com/banking/retirement.html
Other Conferences of the Week
Complying with PCI DSS Version 3.0
In this live webinar 'Comparing with PCI DSS Version 3.0' on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 expert speaker Tom Wills will explain:
- What has changed in the new version?
- Who is affected, and how?
- The difference between strict compliance and effective risk management
- Strategies to bring, and keep, your own organization into compliance with Version 3.0
- Changes in the real-world threat landscape that are driving the new requirements
- Moving past passwords: the danger in using out-of-date user authentication methods
- The value of tokenization for keeping sensitive data out of criminal hands
- Using data analytics to improve your threat detection and response capabilities
- The human touch: how technical security controls alone are no longer adequate
- How compliance and security are never the same thing
- How to avoid being another "Target"
For more information, visit http://www.audiosolutionz.com/banking/pci-dss-version-30.html
Analyze Real Estate Proformas and the Importance of Net Operating Income (NOI)
There are generally three reasons why individuals own real estate — cash flows, taxes, and appreciation. Expert speaker Vincent A. DiCara in this conference 'Analyze Real Estate Proformas and the Importance of Net Operating Income (NOI) on Thursday, May 8, 2014 will explore all three of these reasons and provide information on how lenders and underwriters can distinguish between them by analyzing financial information provided by the borrower.
- The Five C's of credit and how they relate to real estate transactions
- Tax incentives for owning real estate
- Using appraisals and leases: what to look for
- Analyzing real estate proformas: the importance of Net Operating Income (NOI)
- Important financial ratios
For more information, visit http://www.audiosolutionz.com/banking/real-estate-financing.html
AudioSolutionz is an online business-training platform that helps professionals of HR & Payroll, Banking and Finance, Construction and Housing, Transportation, Chemicals, Energy & Environment, Education, Leadership & Teamwork and Manufacturing in building and enhancing their skills. We invite industry experts to share their knowledge and insights with industry professionals through audio and/or video conferences.
To learn more about other updates, events for banking, finance and construction, please visit Audiosolutionz.com . Use PR20 to get $20 Off, Applicable on all purchases.
Media Contact: Shivane K, Audio Solutionz, 1-800-223-8720, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Audio Solutionz