|By Business Wire||
|April 29, 2014 09:04 AM EDT||
Mutualink today announced a new deployment option for Mutualink Edge, a multimedia communications sharing platform for public safety and enterprise emergency preparedness launched in October 2013. The company’s goal is to offer a scalable interoperability solution for secure internal and external communications for daily and emergency use. This product enhancement offers the most flexible deployment option to date for Mutualink’s interoperable communications solution through its cloud-based deployment of Edge clients to Windows devices, as well as to iPhones and iPads. Edge as a Service (EaaS) will be available for Android devices in the third quarter of 2014.
Secure Multimedia Collaboration Hosted in the Cloud
Recognizing the evolving landscape of public safety technology, Mutualink offers Edge as a Service (EaaS) to cut the lead time for deployment by eliminating the need to install equipment on the agency’s premises.
“Since introducing Mutualink Edge to the market in 2013, the demand for the multimedia interoperability solution has grown. And because the agencies see such a benefit to collaboration, they want to be able to access the technology now, rather than wait 45 days to have the equipment installed. Putting the capability in the cloud reduces the lead time and cost of deployment without compromising security,” said Colin McWay, President of Mutualink. “We’re pleased to offer EaaS to Mutualink customers, and to reach out to new customers who are attracted by the idea of not having equipment to maintain.”
Features and Benefits
- Mutualink connects disparate legacy communication devices (e.g. radio, video, telephone) with new devices (e.g. cell phones, tablets) for multimedia collaboration.
- Mutualink provides future-proof connectivity, creating a bridge between systems regardless of how they reach the Internet (e.g. public or private broadband, satellite).
- Administrative console gives each agency control over users, allowing managers to add or subtract users according to changing personnel assignments.
- Highly-intuitive interface enables rapid adoption by end users.
- End-to-end encryption using federally approved AES ciphers
Mutualink, Inc. has developed an interoperable communications platform that enables community-wide multimedia sharing of radio, voice, text, video, data files and telephone communications in a secure environment. Mutualink’s system is currently deployed by hundreds of public and private entities worldwide, including homeland security and defense installations, NATO Special Operations Forces, police and fire departments, transit authorities, hospitals, shopping malls, casinos, and more. Mutualink is a privately-held company headquartered in Wallingford, Conn., with R&D facilities in Westford, Mass. and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and Defense Services office nearby Washington, DC. For more information please visit www.mutualink.net.