|By Business Wire||
|April 30, 2014 03:01 PM EDT||
As unveiled today at the Facebook f8 Conference, Redfin, a technology-powered real estate brokerage, will be incorporating Facebook Message Dialog and App Links into the Redfin iPhone app. Redfin customers will soon have the option to share home listings in the Redfin iPhone app via Facebook Messenger. Also, anyone who is using the Facebook app and clicks on a Redfin link can choose to open the link in the Redfin iPhone app instead of on Redfin.com.
“My team and I work to deliver technology that makes it easier for our customers to find the house of their dreams,” said Sasha Aickin, Redfin CTO. “With Facebook Message Dialog and App Links integration, now our customers can have the best viewing and sharing experience while house hunting on the go.”
Starting in June, Redfin customers will be able to click on a home listing from the iPhone app and choose to share the listing with specific friends by tapping the “Share with Messenger” button. Customers can then select the message recipients within the Messenger app and easily switch back into the Redfin app after sharing. This integration will help people to easily involve their friends and family in this significant life decision: the purchase of a home.
With App Links, people can go directly from Facebook to the Redfin iPhone app instead of the mobile optimized site — ensuring a more seamless experience for our customers.
“App Links helps us to solve a development problem that was previously really frustrating,” Aickin said. “Transitioning Facebook app users to the Redfin app instead of a mobile website ensures that people can stay in a high-quality mobile experience and easily move back and forth.”
In addition to the upcoming Facebook integration, the Redfin iPhone app provides a great experience for real estate fans today, including the following features:
- Open House Schedule: Customers can save open houses they’d like to attend to a schedule, as well as see a map with the date and time of each open house.
- Home search: Users can easily find homes for sale in a specific neighborhood, city, ZIP code, or school zone, or by street address or MLS number. Since Redfin is a real estate brokerage, the app provides information from local multiple listing services, which means it has 20 percent more homes for sale than other non-brokerage real estate applications, and it is updated more frequently.
- Instant Updates: Home shoppers can sign up to receive alerts about their favorite homes or specific searches, so they’ll never miss a home that just hit the market in their desired area, or a price drop on a home they’re interested in purchasing.
- Insider home details: Redfin real estate agents are out touring homes every day, and they provide their insights about the homes they see on Redfin.com and the Redfin app. These “tour insights” provide insider information that home shoppers can’t find anywhere else: if the home is on a busy street, when it appears to have been remodeled last or if it has a great view, for example.
- Home tour requests: Home shoppers can schedule a tour of a home directly from the app. To request a tour, they can just tap the “Add to Tour List” button, and then choose a date and time. A Redfin representative will then get in touch with them to confirm the tour.
The Facebook Message Dialog and App Linking experiences will be available via the Redfin iPhone app by June. Please visit www.redfin.com/mobile to download and use the iPhone app today, as well as instantly receive the update when available.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves 23 U.S. markets and has closed more than $13 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.