|By Marketwired .||
|May 1, 2014 11:09 AM EDT||
ANTIGUA, GUATEMALA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/01/14 -- El Convento Boutique Hotel opens its 26 spacious suites to welcome families to enjoy the UNSECO World Heritage city of Antigua, Guatemala. El Convento is an ideal base for families to explore the cultural, historical and natural wonders of one of the most popular destinations in Central America.
Along with strolling along cobblestone streets and learning about the rich history of Antigua, there are many ways families can enjoy sun-filled days. Here are eight ways for families to fill days in the enchanting city of Antigua, Guatemala:
- Tour the town's sweet spots. Antigua has many stops for families to learn the history of cacao and the cacao tree. Along with visiting an artisanal chocolate factory or partaking in a chocolate workshop, there are several places around town to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Meander through the cultural hot spots. Take a few hours to stroll around Antigua and see the major cultural highlights including the City Hall Palace, Palace of the Captain's General, the Cathedral with its majestic ruins and Paseo de los Museos.
- Go on a knock knock treasure hunt. Stroll through the cobbelstoned streets and take note of the myriad door knockers throughout Antigua.
- Become a bird watcher. Did you know that there are over 100 species of birds to be spotted in Antigua? Enjoy the splendor of nature while introducing your children to the joy of bird watching.
- Embark on a spiritual tour. Antigua is one of the best conserved colonial cities with many religious edifices to behold. Take a day to see the many churches, convents and cathedrals including Santo Domingo convent, San Francisco convent, San Francisco Church and Church and convent La Recolección.
- Visit a coffee plantation. Along with learning about the craft of roasting and pressing coffee, review the bean's history and delight in a coffee tasting.
- Visit volcanoes. There are many volcanoes to visit in and around Antigua including Fuego and Acatenango, Volcán Pacaya and Volcán de Agua. A family trip is the ideal memory-making experience.
- Bike around the city and stop at a macadamia farm for macadamia pancakes, visit a textile factory, market or artisan workshop.
For more information, visit elconventoantigua.com or lodebernal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2581684
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Jan. 30, 2015 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,917
Jan. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,097
Jan. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,764
Jan. 30, 2015 05:15 AM EST Reads: 2,529
Jan. 30, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,826
Jan. 30, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 3,121
Jan. 30, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 1,603
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 3,425
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 3,162
Jan. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,781
Jan. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,092
Jan. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 3,814
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 AM EST Reads: 1,907
Jan. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,433
Jan. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,868