|By Business Wire||
|May 1, 2014 11:58 AM EDT||
The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), the world’s largest knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users, announced highlights from the successful COLLABORATE 14: Technology and Applications Forum for the Oracle Community conference that was held April 7-11, at the Venetian and Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
Key highlights from the show include:
- 5,500 attendees participated in 1,400 educational sessions in 23 different educational tracks. More than 700 of these sessions were hosted through the COLLABORATE 14 – OAUG Forum;
- The following received awards for their outstanding service to the OAUG and its members: OAUG Member of the Year: Douglas Volz of Douglas Volz Consulting, Inc., OAUG Innovator of the Year: Worthington Industries and OAUG Star Presenters: Bill Klein of Sandia National Laboratories and Lee Briggs of BizTech. Max Arderius, product manager with Oracle’s Applications Technology Group, received the 2014 OAUG Oracle Ambassador Award.
- The Women in Technology luncheon and panel discussion drew more than 550 participants. On Tuesday, Jhone M. Ebert, chief innovation and productivity officer for the Clark County, Nevada School District discussed the challenges facing women in the world of technology. On Thursday, a panel of accomplished women in the technology field shared their personal experiences and fielded questions from the audience;
- The Exhibitor Showcase highlighted more than 230 companies from the vendor community, sharing new products and services to help attendees discover various ways to enhance their organization’s investments in Oracle products.
- The new COLLABORATE App, used by more than 6,000 participants more than 1,681,254 times, allowed attendees to schedule sessions in advance, create custom agendas, access daily updates, download whitepapers, post messages/photos and network with other attendees;
- The inaugural Young Professionals Forum targeted attendees under the age of 30, offering younger attendees the opportunity to network and connect with other users from around the world;
- The event hosted meetings for 21 Geographic (Geo) and 44 Special Interest Groups (SIG), enabling participants to focus on topics pertaining to their region or specific area of interest;
- Fourteen “Meet the Expert” sessions connected users with Oracle experts on Oracle products, strategies and topics ranging from Oracle E-Business Suite to Oracle Procurement and more;
- Oracle executives presented six Oracle Roadmap Sessions to discuss trends, drivers and product direction.
“COLLABORATE 14 offered attendees the chance to gain insight and knowledge on the latest Oracle products and strategies and strengthen their relationships and investment in the Oracle community,” said Alyssa Johnson, president of the OAUG.
COLLABORATE 14 was presented jointly by the Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG), the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) and Quest International Users Group (Quest).
About Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG®)
Founded in 1990, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) provides the world’s largest user knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users. The organization serves as an advocate to Oracle Corp. for companies worldwide and represents users of more than 65 Oracle Applications products including Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle
E-Business Suite, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle’s Primavera EPPM, Oracle Communications, Oracle's Customer Experience including Oracle CRM On Demand and Oracle’s Siebel CRM, and others. The OAUG provides its members with education, networking and support via a wide range of activities and forums including conferences, publications, special interest groups and online communities. For more information about the OAUG, visit the website at oaug.org.