|By Business Wire||
|May 2, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t92zsv/niger_low) has announced the addition of the "Niger: Low Penetration Provides Opportunity for Operator Expansion" report to their offering.
Niger: Low Penetration Provides Opportunity for Operator Expansion provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Niger today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Niger's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors.
- The author expects the disconnection of about 1.7m SIMs (23% of all subscriptions) to have a significant effect on the population penetration rate. The process is likely to have cleared the market of a large number of inactive SIMs, and we therefore estimate penetration fell from 32.2% to 25.0% in 2013.
- We expect voice services to continue to be the main source of revenue for mobile service providers in Niger. Between 2008 and 2013, the overall mobile market grew at a CAGR of 13.4%, driven primarily by the expanded reach of networks in urbanized areas.
- With only $7m estimated to have been generated in 2013, mobile data revenue in Niger is significantly lower than that of other regional markets, such as Côte d'Ivoire or Cameroon. Revenue from data services is, however, expected to increase significantly over the forecast period, at an estimated CAGR of 27.8% through 2018.
- Given the relatively low level of data usage, we expect ARPS to be dominated by voice, which we estimate reached $5.34 per month in 2013. However, by 2018, as mobile Internet connectivity improves, data ARPS will rise to 5.9% of total ARPS, still less than in neighboring countries, such as Benin.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Market and competitor overview
- Niger in a regional context
- Economic, demographic and political context
- Regulatory environment
- Demand profile
- Service evolution
- Competitive landscape
- Major market players
- Segment analysis
- Mobile services
- Identifying opportunities
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t92zsv/niger_low