|By Business Wire||
|May 5, 2014 11:28 AM EDT||
Aternity Inc., the pioneer of a new enterprise-first approach to mobile Application Performance Management (mAPM), today unveiled mAPM for Enterprise Apps, a set of products that provides enterprises with all of the capabilities that their app development, IT Ops, and line of business teams need to measure, manage, and improve workforce productivity.
Aternity provides a full suite of mAPM capabilities that empower enterprises to ensure a quality user experience for their business-critical mobile apps:
- Aternity Workforce APM addresses the full range of mobile APM use cases for developers of mobile enterprise apps, IT Ops that support them, and the line of business that relies on them to ensure customer satisfaction and workforce productivity.
- Aternity Mobile Wrapper enables IT Ops, app store and MDM administrators to instrument mobile apps for diagnostics and user interactions without requiring access to the code or an app developer, and with no loss of monitoring functionality.
- Aternity Mobile APM for App Developers provides a no-cost, tag-free, SaaS offering to mobile app developers who need to ensure a quality end user experience for their apps.
Analysts are projecting that the market for mAPM may surpass the market size of traditional APM. Describing this market trajectory, Gartner says “driven by the increasing significance of mobile application endpoint and increasingly dynamic Web technologies, end-user-experience monitoring will become even more important to enterprises. In fact, it is likely to shift its center of gravity from monitoring the end user experience of individual applications to monitoring and analyzing end-user behaviors across the entire portfolio of applications available to an end user at any given endpoint.”*
Aternity has long recognized the central role of End User Experience Management in ensuring workforce productivity in virtualization, cloud, and mobile environments. Unlike APM products that focus on the performance of web-based applications, one at a time, from the vantage point of the data center, Aternity Workforce APM focuses from the perspective of the end user's device, on the user’s experience of all applications across all devices, to enable the enterprise to measure, manage, and improve workforce productivity.
“As enterprises adopt mobile apps to improve customer satisfaction and workforce productivity, they need mAPM solutions that address the needs of all three enterprise teams: app developers, IT Ops, and the line of business,” said Trevor Matz, president and CEO. “Existing mAPM products primarily provide diagnostic capabilities for app developers. With mAPM for Enterprise Apps, Aternity adds vital capabilities that for the first time also enable IT Ops and the line of business to measure, manage, and improve workforce productivity, significantly impacting the bottom line.”
*Gartner, Prepare for a Changing and Volatile APM Market in 2014 (March 13, 2014), Will Cappelli | Jonah Kowall
Pricing & Availability
- Aternity Workforce APM is available now with a free 30-day product evaluation at http://www.aternity.com/products/free-trial/.
- The Aternity Mobile Wrapper is available now at no cost to Aternity Workforce APM customers. To learn more, visit http://www.aternity.com/resources/aternity-mobile-wrapper/.
- Aternity Mobile APM for App Developers will be available as a free SaaS offering on May 28th via www.aternity.com.
New mAPM Whitepaper Downloads
Today, Aternity has published a series of new whitepapers:
- 7 mAPM Keys for Driving Workforce Productivity – outlines mobile APM product requirements for enabling excellent enterprise mobile user experience.
- Aternity Mobile Wrapper – addresses how enterprise IT Ops, MDM or app store administrators can instrument mobile apps for diagnostics and user interactions without access to the code or a developer.
- How End User Experience Management Adds Value to Mobile Device Management – details the additional benefits of mAPM for Enterprise Apps to enterprises using MDM, MAM, or MADP solutions.
Aternity monitors any application on any physical, virtual, or mobile device, providing a user-centric vantage point that closes the visibility gap existing with network- and server-centric application performance management tools. By effectively transforming every device — physical, virtual, and mobile — into a self-monitoring platform that is user experience aware, enterprises are empowered with user-centric, proactive IT management capabilities that dramatically reduce business disruptions and increase workforce productivity.
EndUserExperience2Day, sponsored by Aternity, is an award-winning news and blog resource that can be accessed at www.enduserexperience.info. Follow Aternity on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook, recommend us on LinkedIn, join us on Google+, and see us on YouTube.
©2014 Aternity, Inc. Aternity is a registered trademark of Aternity
All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.