|By Business Wire||
|May 6, 2014 09:56 AM EDT||
FOSE, the intersection of people, technology and knowledge, will be the hub of innovation as promising start-ups showcase next-generation technology solutions during three- to five-minute Lightning Round presentations and the biggest names in cloud computing share their expertise in the government market. The FOSE conference and expo are taking place May 13-15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
1776 and Booz Allen Bring Challenge Cup to Expo
Leveraging their partnership, 1776, an organization that mentors start-ups and connects them with industry contacts, and leading management and technology consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton will team up to highlight promising start-ups in booth #1121 and in special Lightning Round presentations focused on a key market sectors each day. The presentations, which are open to all registered attendees, will consist of 1776 members and finalists in The Challenge Cup, an international competition to identify the most promising start-ups in education, energy, health and smart cities.
Among the start-ups presenting at FOSE are:
- Smart Cities (Tuesday, May 13) – Agricity, Conveyal, Neural Analytics, Reaction, RideScout, Silverside Detectors, Transit Labs and WeatherCloud
- Energy (Wednesday, May 14) – 1Eq, Beyonic, Enact Systems, HillTop Energy, Khaya Power, myPower, SolarBrush and Waterlens
- Health (Thursday, May 15) – BeTH, Dorsata, Hitch, Infield Health, Innovation Integration, Link Senior, Open Beds and Rebel Desk
A Closer Look at the Cloud
During a special panel discussion during the Cloud & Virtualization track on Wednesday, May 14, from 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., FOSE is bringing together experts from tech giants in cloud computing to discuss case studies and success stories for the government market.
The panel, entitled “Exploring the Similarities and Differences in Cloud Computing with Amazon, IBM and Microsoft,” will be moderated by Shawn Kingsberry, CIO of Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board (RATB) and feature subject matter experts:
- Susie Adams, Microsoft
- Max Peterson, Amazon Web Services
- Michelle Rudnicki, IBM
New Keynote and Special Presentation Added on May 13
FOSE has added two new speakers – a leader in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and a Middle East security expert – to its free educational agenda on Tuesday, May 13. The speakers include:
- Beth Cobert, deputy director for Management at the OMB, will deliver the afternoon keynote at noon. Prior to being appointed in October 2013, Cobert spent nearly 30 years at McKinsey & Company as a director and senior partner, working with corporate, not-for-profit and government entities on key strategic, operational and organizational issues across a range of sectors, including financial services, health care, legal services, real estate, telecommunications, and philanthropies.
- Avi Dichter, a former minister of Public Security, former minister of Home Front Defense and former director of the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) will headline a special presentation at 11:15 a.m., entitled “The Crazy Middle East”, during which he’ll discuss political security as it relates to Israel and the Middle East.
The FOSE keynote addresses, Lightning Round presentations and spotlight sessions in the exhibit hall, as well as the expo, are free for government personnel and only $50 for non-government employees. FOSE also offers an in-depth conference featuring eight tracks on cloud and virtualization, cybersecurity, mobile government, big data/records and information management (RIM), acquisitions and procurement, project management, and cybercrime and cyberterrorism. More 4,000 people have registered for the conference; join them today by registering at FOSE.com.
For 37 years, FOSE has served as the nation's premier event for government technology professionals seeking tools and best practices to equip their agency for the 21st century. From policy updates—straight from the Hill—to exclusive insights from today's leading authorities to the most comprehensive showcase of technology in action—it's all at FOSE. For more information, visit FOSE.com. Please click here to register as press.