|By Marketwired .||
|May 6, 2014 02:16 PM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/06/14 -- Mother's Day will be celebrated this upcoming Sunday, May 11th (which also marks the 100 year anniversary of this holiday in the U.S.). This year, the travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, decided to pay tribute to future moms with a list of Top 10 Getaways for Mothers to Be. Whether expecting a first child or already onto your second, third or more, all moms to be deserve a pre-delivery vacation, aka babymoon, to enjoy some rest and relaxation (and freedom) prior to the little one's arrival.
Looking for a romantic couples retreat, a girlfriends getaway or simply some alone time before the baby arrives? Check out these five destinations to make Cheapflights.com's top vacations for expectant moms ranging from spa breaks to city breaks to beach escapes across the globe.
- Sedona, Arizona, United States - Few places do spa getaways like Sedona. Set within the red rocks of the Sonoran Desert, this top-rated resort town has become a hot spot for mothers to be. Whether it's the abundance of organic cafes, the world-class yoga studios, the picturesque desert surroundings or the lavish spa resorts, Sedona is perfect for mothers to be searching for a solo trip, a romantic couples getaway or a weekend with the girls.
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Sometimes there's no better way to relax than on the white sands of a tropical island, and at Ocho Rios, there's plenty of relaxing to be had by future mothers. Finding a place that's safe, healthy and affordable is important to anyone preparing for a new member of the family, and with a vast selection of upscale all-inclusive resorts offering top-line amenities for pregnant moms, there's no better beach getaway.
- Los Angeles, California, United States -There's no shortage of shopping in Los Angeles, and when it comes to getting everything ready for a little one's arrival, it can all be found in L.A. -- home to some of the most upscale baby stores and boutiques. Of course there is plenty of opportunity for future moms to unwind after a long day of hauling shopping bags at an array of exclusive spas and superior restaurants.
- Turin, Italy - Sometimes getting away with the girls takes priority over a romantic weekend and that perfect girls getaway is Turin, Italy. Located in the northern province of Piedmont, Turin boasts some of Italy's most rich and decadent cuisine, perfect for the cravings of any future mom. Tour the impressive baroque architecture, check out historical museums and churches and don't miss the recently refurbished Palazzo Madama.
- Bruges, Belgium - For the babymooners looking for a quiet and quaint getaway while still witnessing quintessential European charm, Bruges offers all that and more. It's the perfect city to book a bed and breakfast and lay low people watching, touring the historic sites, and noshing on some of the most renowned chocolate in the world. And, if you want to explore other areas around Bruges, there is an abundance of World War II sites, including the Atlantic Wall and the city of Ieper.
Rounding out our top babymoon picks are: Sonoma County, California, United States; St. Lucia, Antilles; Paradise Island, Bahamas; Montréal, Québec, Canada; and Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom. To read about these and Cheapflights.com's complete Top 10 Getaways for Mothers to Be visit www.cheapflights.com/news/top-10-getaways-mothers.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Momondo Group is an online travel media and technology company that is driven by the belief that an open world is a better world. The group now serves travel search and inspiration to over 17.5 million visitors a month -- plus 7 million travel newsletter subscribers -- via its Cheapflights (www.cheapflights.com) and momondo (www.momondo.com) brands.
Skygate began the sourcing of complex air-travel data in 1992, while Cheapflights pioneered the online comparison of flight deals for users in 1996 and momondo launched meta-search in the Nordic countries in 2006.
The Group has offices in London, Copenhagen, Boston and Toronto, with a consumer base across more than 25 core international markets but users all over the world.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2585453
May. 4, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 567
May. 4, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 490
May. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,299
May. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,076
May. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 599
May. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,374
May. 4, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,891
May. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,133
May. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 974
May. 4, 2015 03:46 PM EDT Reads: 603
May. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,620
May. 4, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
May. 4, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,449
May. 4, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,235
May. 4, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,869