|By Marketwired .||
|May 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
MONTREAL, QC and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/08/14 --
Core news facts:
- OMsignal today introduced a new collection of Biometric Smartwear comprised of four smart shirts for men. OM shirts monitor your activity, physiological stress and fitness levels, giving you total control over your fitness and everyday performance.
- Each of the four shirts include health sensors embedded into the fabric that measure your biometric data in real-time and relay this information to your personal dashboard on the OMsignal app.
- The OM app translates the users' unique bio-signal into personal actionable insights. The OMsignal shirts can tell you what's up with your body so you can improve how you manage your health, gain actionable insights and meet your fitness goals.
- At launch, the OMsignal shirts will come in four different male styles including an under-shirt, sleeveless shirt, casual T-shirt and long-sleeved shirt, designed to be worn by itself at the gym or under everyday clothing.
- Each style tracks your body's most important biometric data and vital signs including heart rate, breathing rate, breathing volume, movement (including steps and cadence), movement intensity, heart rate variability and calories burned.
- OMsignal shirts also offer sports-specific data such as effort expended and breathing rate, heart rate zone tracking and heart rate recovery, as well as wellness insight such as your breathing balance, personal fuel and RPM.
- OM Fuel lets you know how much energy you have in reserve before you run out
- OM RPM shows your level of focus and physical stress in real time
- The OMsignal app offers suggestions on how to manage and improve both metrics to perform better throughout the day
- Information is immediately relayed from the shirt through the little black box to the phone via Bluetooth. The little black box is clipped onto the shirt and ensures that all data is immediately available in the OMsignal iOS app, as long as the phone is in Bluetooth range.
- The data within the OMsignal app is private to you, helps you track your progress and gives you real-time feedback, actionable insights and regular health summary and fitness email reports of your progress.
- All four OMsignal shirts are available in sizes S-XL in six different colors including black, grey and combinations with orange and indigo stitching accents.
- The OMsignal Up & Running Kit, including a shirt of any style with the little black box, will retail in May for an introductory pre-order price of $199 (regular MSRP $240).
- The Regular Routine Kit will offer two shirts (of any style) plus one little black box (to be used with any OMsignal shirt) for the special price of $269 in May (regular MSRP $340)
- The Fitness Fanatic Kit will offer all four shirt styles plus one little black box for the special price of $359 in May (regular MSRP $450)
- Additional shirts can be purchased for MSRP of $100-$140 (depending on the style) plus $140 for the little black box
- Product will be shipping in summer 2014.
- OMsignal will ship to the U.S. and internationally.
- To purchase a shirt or for additional background, please visit: http://www.omsignal.com/.
How it works:
- OMsignal shirts are high-quality compression garments and are designed to be moisture wicking, odor-resistant (anti-microbial) and seamlessly tailored for comfort and stretch.
- The fitness shirts' compression properties enhance blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles, thereby enhancing performance and recovery of the wearer
- The lifestyle shirt has additional slimming and posture support benefits
- OMsignal's health sensors are embedded into the fabric in order to gather the deep biometric readings at multiple touch-points.
- The sensors are knitted close to the heart to capture a robust electrocardiogram (ECG) reading, which deliver heart rate (BPM) and heart rate variability (HRV), providing the most accurate method of calculating the number of calories you burn and your physiological stress-level.
- Additionally, sensors on the chest measure respiration rate and balance as well as track activity levels through an accelerometer.
- The little black box is water-resistant and clips into the shirt, providing more than 30 hours of continuous use (good for up to 30 workouts or for 2-3 days of continuous wear). It streams your biometrics seamlessly and continually to your OMsignal app.
- The OMsignal app receives a great depth of signal from the shirt, and uses proprietary algorithms to give you unparalleled insight about your body.
- Curious to learn more, check out our product details page here.
Stéphane Marceau, CEO and co-founder, OMsignal:
"We've been wearing clothing all our lives. It's the most natural and therefore the ultimate "wearable" medium. Clothing has always been about protection and fashion, but it will now also help motivate us to better ourselves every day. You would never drive a car without a speedometer, RPM or a fuel gauge, right? Well, with OM, you now get a dashboard to better steer your life, to increase your self-mastery, to push your fitness performance, and live a healthier lifestyle."
Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz, Chief Medical Officer, OMsignal, and Orthopedic Surgeon, Fellow in Sports Medicine:
"Exercise physiology research has defined human performance through intricate lab studies, but the technologies researchers use were never available for everyday and the aspiring athlete. You could never bring hospital or lab-type equipment with you on the court or track. OMsignal now makes it easy to track biometrics in real time, in real life and during sports activity. At OMsignal we've focused on giving consumers quality insights on performance, taking the research a step further to guide users to their peak performance."
OMsignal designs Biometric Smartwear that tells you what's up with your body so you can better yourself daily. The leading product is a collection of biometric smartwear shirts that track your fitness performance as well as elements of your daily health and wellness, so that you can make more informed fitness and lifestyle decisions. For more information and to order your OMsignal shirt, visit: http://www.omsignal.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587410
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2587413
Inner Circle Labs for OMsignal
AppZero has announced that its award-winning application migration software is now fully qualified within the Microsoft Azure Certified program. AppZero has undergone extensive technical evaluation with Microsoft Corp., earning its designation as Microsoft Azure Certified. As a result of AppZero's work with Microsoft, customers are able to easily find, purchase and deploy AppZero from the Azure Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users have an Azure-based solution for moving applications to the...
Dec. 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST Reads: 472
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,048
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,090
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 433
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,268
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,048
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,818
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,928
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,663
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,868
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,844
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,141
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,125
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,949