|By Marketwired .||
|May 13, 2014 07:11 AM EDT||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/13/14 -- As described on this newsletter by Desmond P. Fitzgerald, one of the most common ways in which immigrants become US residents (Green Card holders) is through a Marriage/Family Immigration Petition (form I-130). Within this way of obtaining US residency, there are two main categories:
1. Relatives of U.S. Citizens
2. Relatives of US Legal Permanent Residents
Read this newsletter about family green card petitions where you can learn who are included in these two categories listed above and the estimated length of time that it takes for a visa to be available for different types of relatives (spouses, parents, children, step children, and US citizen brothers and sisters). Specifically, you will be able to learn:
1. For what family members can US Citizens apply for a Green Card/Residency and what are the estimated wait periods to obtain their Green Card?
2. For what family members can US Legal Permanent Residents apply for a Green Card/Residency and what are the estimated wait periods to obtain their Green Card?
3. If a person is present in the US without permission (entered illegally or overstayed a visa) and is married to a US citizen, can they file for US legal permanent residency/adjustment of status?
4. What is an I-601 waiver?
5. Who qualifies as a stepchild for immigration purposes?
If you reside in Massachusetts and would like to schedule an initial free consultation with one of our Boston immigration lawyers, please call our office at 617-523-6320 (ext.0) or fill out our appointment request form online. All of our immigration attorneys in our Boston office speak Spanish and can conduct your consultation in Spanish without the use of third party translators. You can also obtain more immigration information in Spanish on our bilingual web site at: www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com and www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com/espanol/
"Whether you are petitioning for unmarried children, applying for removal of residency conditions, or applying for residency of immediate family members, there are important deadlines and wait periods you need to be aware of," explains FitzGerald, Principal of the Boston immigration and criminal defense law firm FitzGerald & Company, LLC.
See Immigration Application Schedule for Marriage/Conditional Residency: http://hmas.in/marriage-residency
About Desmond P. FitzGerald:
Attorney Desmond P. FitzGerald is the Principal and Managing Director of FitzGerald & Company, LLC in Boston, MA. He is a criminal and immigration litigator and has successfully litigated hundreds of immigration cases in Federal court. He has more than 20 decisions published and many of them have created precedent. Attorney FitzGerald is admitted by the Bar to practice law in MA, NH, FL, and Washington D.C. and he is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL). For more information visit: http://www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2589062