|By Adine Deford||
|May 17, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
Microsoft Tech Ed 2014 attendees will get a first look at the only automated application migration tool for modernizing enterprise server applications ahead of the end of life of Windows Server 2003 when AppZero releases AppZero V6 during the conference May 12-15 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, TX. Microsoft and AppZero will also cohost a webinar "How to Solve the Challenge of WS 2003 End of Life" on May 29 at 1:00 (EST) showing AppZero V6 in action. Register here for the webinar.
AppZero is the only product available that can "up-level" your infrastructure, moving apps from an old OS to a newer one with the click of a button - allowing users to modernize and move to the cloud in one step.
"AppZero offers a good solution for those looking to move off of WS2003, said Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud Services Division. "This new version's ability to dramatically shorten downtime will strengthen the appeal for our enterprise customers who want to move their applications to SoftLayer."
"No one wants to risk running unsupported servers, but traditional reinstalls are time and manpower intensive, and require potentially missing install media and code," said Greg O'Connor, AppZero CEO. "With the new features in Version 6 we are easing the required resources and simplifying application migration at scale, enabling users to modernize their infrastructure and reap the benefits of the cloud."
New capabilities in AppZero V6 include:
- Near-zero down time migrations - In order to minimize downtime, AppZero introduces a set of features that enable application migration with low or no down time and the flexibility to re-synchronize applications across machines.
- Live Extractions: Application artifacts (files, registry, configuration, data) can be extracted, transformed, modernized and provisioned to a new destination machine or cloud while the source application is running.
- Pinpoint Extractions: Exception artifact list or change set artifact list can be processed in narrow time windows or migrated via with data base replication tools.
- Migration Re-sync: Provides an incremental approach to migration where synchronization of the production machine and the migration machine is automated, greatly reducing the overall migration lifecycle effort.
- Tether agent: an optional agent deployable on the source server to optimize transmission and accelerate migration time. Tether agent is particularly effective to aid in migration over the internet to a cloud destination.
- Application Discovery: Often there is no system of record for what applications and components are installed on the machines in the data center or cloud. AppZero Application Discovery is a tool for retrieving a list of products and components installed on local or remote machines. An applications and components list is valuable for portfolio remediation analysis, migration wave planning and to drive an application extraction session.
- AppZero Integration Pack for SCO: Migrations at scale can be driven from Microsoft's System Center unified on-premises, service provider, and Microsoft Azure environments management platform. AppZero add-on for System Center 2012 Orchestrator extends the management platform to enable application migration at scale. IT centric migration processes like application discovery, live extraction, pin point extraction, cut over to UAT and resynchronize UAT to production are integrated and available out of the box.
AppZero V6 will be demonstrated at Tech Ed on Wednesday, May 14 at 2:00pm in the Microsoft booth theatre and Thursday, May 15 at 2:45 - 4:00pm as part of Microsoft's session "Windows Server 2003 End-of-Support Application Migration (DCIM-B376)."
The end of support for Windows 2003 is viewed as one key opportunity to move to the cloud as many industries are changing out old systems. With some 10+ million servers still running Windows Server 2003 and an estimated $9 billion expected to be spent on overall modernization of legacy systems over the next two years, AppZero is perfectly situated, serving a range of cloud adoption, datacenter migration/modernization, application distribution and operating system upgrade uses cases.
AppZero, a "Top 10 Hot Cloud Start-up to Watch," offers the only automated tool available to migrate applications onto newer operating systems; and has been recommended by Microsoft for moving a variety of server applications from Windows Server 2003 to clouds or datacenters running newer operating systems such as Windows Server 2012(R2) and Azure. AppZero allows you to modernize your infrastructure, moving from an old OS to a newer one with the click of a button - modernize and move to the cloud in one step. For more on how Microsoft recommends AppZero visit: http://www.appzero.com/content/up-level-os. See more AppZero use cases at http://www.appzero.com/content/appzero-uses and follow us on twitter @AppZero_Inc.
May. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 938
May. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,124
May. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
May. 3, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,124
May. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,197
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,976
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,341
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,685
May. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 931
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,265
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,555
May. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,782
May. 3, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,180
May. 3, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,195
May. 3, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,262