|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
OriginalStitch.com, a website that pairs fashion and technology, formally launched its online platform for creating high quality handcrafted shirts today. Using their desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device, Original Stitch customers can create completely customized shirts in minutes for half of what most bespoke tailors would charge.
Design your own unique dress shirt from over 176 trillion design combinations. Made in Japan and delivered to your door in a beautiful box. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We let our customers choose from 200 different high quality fabrics, 14 different collar and cuffs patterns, 10 different buttons, and have multiple monogram options,” said Jin Koh, Original Stitch founder. “With more than 176 trillion different possible combinations, each design is as unique as the customer that built it.”
Key features that distinguish Original Stitch include:
- An interactive 3D design app that lets customers see what every customization looks like in real time and from all angles
- Proprietary color digitization process allows for super accurate digital to tangible color matching, so what you see is in fact what you get.
- App runs on desktop and mobile devices giving you the convenience to design and order from anywhere at anytime.
- An active community where you can browse for new design inspirations
- A recommendation engine to recommend the best fabrics color and styles based on your budget
- Personal stylists who can help with custom sizing and recommend the right fit after your purchase
- A beautifully designed personal profile where you can share and showcase what you have designed with your friends on Facebook and Twitter
- All shirts are Made in Japan
- Every shirt is made on demand. There is no inventory, no warehouse, and that means additional savings can be passed on to customers.
- Our smart algorithm software guarantees the styles and patterns you have chosen to never run out of stock after it was purchased
- The custom shirt is thoroughly pressed, beautifully wrapped and packaged in a sturdy luxury box shipped via express air service to your door
- All shirts arrive within two weeks with free worldwide shipping and free remakes or exchanges
“We have managed to perfectly pair the worlds of fashion and technology, providing outstanding quality at lower prices,” Koh said. “To get a high quality shirt in a store would cost anywhere from $150 and up. Our shirts start at $75 and provide the same quality with even more options for customization.”
Original Stitch, which has been operating in beta mode since December 2013, has already begun gaining fans among Silicon Valley early adopters and influencers such as Pinterest VP of Operations Aren Sandersen and Scribd Founder and CEO Trip Adler. 95% of the customers rated the service and quality 4.5 stars out of 5. They have gained a huge 43,000 fans on Facebook Page alone.
“It’s hard to find off the shelf shirts that fit well,” said Sandersen. “With Original Stitch, the fit is perfect every time.”
Koh says the initial focus of the company will be men’s shirts, but that the ability to customize a wide range of products provides tremendous opportunities for growth.
“I see us as a technology company and not a retail company. Shirts are just the first product. If you ask me the plan for the next two years, soon you will see a website and pick out a product, and instead of seeing a product picture and a buy button, you will see a picture and a customize button,” he explained. “If users take the time to create something, then it means they are more likely to buy it.”
In fact, according to Koh, Original Stitch’s checkout conversion rate is three times that of the average e-commerce site. “This is not just a product off the shelf. This is a product you have customized,” he adds.
Original Stitch will become publicly available as of today, just in time for Father’s Day worldwide. With more than 176 trillion possible combinations, this may be the perfect unique gift. For limited time celebrating the new opening of the site, Original Stitch is extending a $20 off and free worldwide shipping for your first time purchase.
About Original Stitch
Original Stitch is the developer and provider of mass customization E-commerce platform based in San Francisco. Its first product, a customizable dress shirt, allows its customers to build their perfect dress shirt from premium quality fabrics, and endless variations of patterns and details. Our mission is to provide custom shirts for all.
May. 6, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,585
May. 6, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,384
May. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,316
May. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,181
May. 6, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,181
May. 6, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,026
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,546
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,347
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,938
May. 6, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,947
What’s inside the cloud? Hard work. Cloud operators know the world inside the datacenter is gritty. Vendor marketing speak and cloudwashing quickly melt in the heat of SLAs, uptime guarantees, and users who want it now. In his session at DevOps Summit, Hernan Alvarez, Chief Product Officer at Blue Box Group, will deliver an unvarnished look inside the world of cloud operators, from the perspective of someone who lives it. Attendees get a front-row look into the toolkits and processes that enabl...
May. 6, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,189
May. 6, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,335
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 6, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,493