|By Business Wire||
|May 13, 2014 01:52 PM EDT||
One of the most popular apps to hit Android devices is now on Google Play. Fronto launches today, providing rewards, perks and cash to mobile users for simply unlocking their phones. After achieving breakthrough success in Korea, serving nearly 2 million daily active users and ranking as the top eighth app in terms of daily active users (DAU), Fronto is bringing the goodies front and center to U.S. Android devices where the app can be downloaded on Google Play.
Market research shows that mobile users pick up their mobile devices over 100 times throughout the day and 26 percent of that time is spent with the mobile screen. Fronto allows users to discover new content that is memorable and relevant. Just by unlocking their mobile phone screen with Fronto, users can:
- Earn rewards such as cash, downloadable coupons and gift cards
- Earn reward points for participating in sponsored promotions which can be redeemed for cash on PayPal and at Amazon and Google Play
- Discover entertaining news, promotions and ads relevant to their interests in a clean and sleek format
“With the rapid increase in the popularity of lock screen advertisement and content discovery, now is the perfect time for Fronto to make its way to lock screens on Android devices all over America,” said Luke Ahn, CEO of Fronto. “We designed Fronto with the discerning consumer in mind - taking full advantage of the touch interface of today’s beautiful high resolution, fast response lock screens. Together with promotions, news and ads that are meaningful to the app user, Fronto will provide an unequalled experience for Android users that follows our unmatched success in Korea and other markets.”
Going beyond the non-interactive, static images found in similar lock screen advertisements (LSA) and content discovery apps, Fronto offers an easy-to-use interface allowing users to easily discover new rewards and interesting content right from their phone’s lock screen:
- By swiping left, users can engage with content to earn rewards or participate in a sponsored promotion
- Scrolling up and down in the lock screen reveals additional content promotions and reward opportunities
- With personalized content, users can have fun and enjoy discovering interactive advertisements, promotions and informative news stories most relevant to them
Fronto has partnerships with some of the world’s top retailers to offer users the best prizes and incentives available. Added Ahn, “Fronto gives advertisers a prime opportunity to reach their target audiences and we’re glad to help. In turn, we are rewarding our users with the best prizes possible.”
Fronto is now available for free on Google Play and (anywhere else). More information can be found at the app’s official website, http://www.fronto.co.
The first app of its kind, Fronto is a revolutionary lock screen mobile app that make brands, news and information more accessible to smart phone users, and enables mobile advertisers the ability to effectively reach consumers. Fronto is the U.S. arm of NBT Partners (the inventor of the lock screen advertising model) and has offices in San Jose, Calif. after unmatched success in the Korean, Japanese and Chinese app markets.