|By Business Wire||
|May 15, 2014 08:09 AM EDT||
Iatric Systems, Inc., a comprehensive healthcare IT integration company, today expanded its patient privacy portfolio of solutions with the launch of Business Associate ManagerTM. This easy-to-use, web-based application manages the workflow necessary for organizations to ensure due diligence with their business associate relationships. By monitoring the risk of all agreements and providing alerts when agreements need updating, Business Associate Manager helps organizations protect patient privacy and build trust.
“We leveraged our experience in developing patient privacy solutions to create a system wholly focused on business associate agreements and the risk associated with protected health information. Business Associate Manager helps hospitals, health information exchanges, and other organizations maintain compliance with newly enforced regulations while also improving staff efficiency and productivity,” said Frank Fortner, President of Iatric Systems. “Iatric Systems is committed to protecting patient data, and we are excited to offer a tool that expands that protection to business associate-related activities.”
Business Associate Manager helps organizations remain compliant with the HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule, which changed the obligations and liabilities between hospitals and their business associates. Additionally, Business Associate Manager enables hospitals to:
- Create a workflow and effective process for vendor relationship management
- Manage third-party risk by assessing usage and volume of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Categorize vendors to assign risk by tagging business associate agreements with keywords and descriptive content
- Increase relationships and productivity by allowing business associates to submit required data, documents, and agreements electronically
- Leverage a comprehensive dashboard that provides at-a-glance alerts and notifications so they can remain informed of the status of business associate agreements
Business Associate Manager is available as a stand-alone product, or it can be combined with Iatric Systems Security Audit ManagerTM. When integrated with Security Audit Manager, hospitals receive alerts if users associated with a terminated agreement access PHI.
About Iatric Systems
Iatric Systems helps healthcare providers achieve success by delivering the most comprehensive healthcare IT integration. Our products and services focus on data integration, systems integration, and process integration. This allows providers to leverage existing IT investments to meet the growing demands of Meaningful Use, Health Information Exchange, HIPAA, and other industry requirements. During the past 23 years, Iatric Systems has delivered solutions to more than 1,000 healthcare organizations. For more information, contact [email protected] or visit www.iatric.com.