|By Business Wire||
|May 15, 2014 09:08 AM EDT||
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. (Photo: Business Wire)
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Wii Party U – Invite your friends over… it’s time to party! Your living room becomes a party playground as you enjoy time together in comically themed board games and minigames that get everyone off the couch. Every kind of party can be found in this one unique package that takes advantage of your TV, Wii Remote controllers and the Wii U GamePad controller. Also available at retail, Wii Party U will now be available in the Nintendo eShop starting May 16.
- Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails – Featuring a unique control system that allows for 360-degree platforming action and thrilling 2D shooting, Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails sees players glide along colorful glowing rails, leaping over the space station’s ample hazards and blasting back endless hordes of enemy rodents. The titular Scram Kitty offers helpful tips and feedback in real time via the TV screen as the player battles on the Wii U GamePad controller. Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Click here to check out the trailer.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Moon Chronicles™ – Experience Renegade Kid’s award-winning first-person shooter, remastered in glorious 3D. Moon Chronicles delivers an atmospheric sci-fi adventure with enhanced graphics and intuitive touch-screen controls for a truly unique experience – all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second. Moon Chronicles is available exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Click here to check out the trailer.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Mega Man™ IV – It’s Mega May! Every Thursday in May, a different Mega Man game will launch in the Virtual Console section of the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This week’s release is Mega Man IV, which originally launched on the Game Boy system in 1993. Join Mega Man and his friends on another mission to put a stop to Dr. Wily. This time, the mad scientist has used a mind-control machine to reprogram robots from the World Robot Exposition to do his bidding. Blast your way to victory with classic Mega Man game play. Click here to check out the trailer.
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Adventures of Lolo – After the love of his life, Lala, is kidnapped by the devilish King Egger and taken to his haunted castle, our hero, Lolo, sets out to rescue her. The journey is perilous, as the Great Devil’s fortress is guarded by a massive army. But Lolo has a few tricks up his sleeve. He can move blocks to trap enemies, clear a path or use as a shield. He can also activate the Magic Shot that will turn enemies into eggs. But watch out, as a single touch from these creatures could spell trouble for our hero. Combining clever environmental puzzles with tricky enemies and an engaging style, Adventures of Lolo is a true NES classic.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Big John Games Sale – For a limited time, Big John Games is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Smash Bowling 3D and Big Bass Arcade No Limit. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 5.
- ATLUS Sale – For two weeks, Code of Princess™, Shin Megami Tensei®: Devil Survivor™ Overclocked and more will be at their lowest prices yet! Starting at 9 a.m. PT on May 19 through 9 a.m. PT on June 2, get these cool ATLUS games for $14.99 each in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Also new this week:
- Color Zen (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- ARC STYLE: Baseball 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Candy Match 3 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- DEEP SEA CREATURES (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system, as well as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or [email protected]. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 463
AppZero has announced that its award-winning application migration software is now fully qualified within the Microsoft Azure Certified program. AppZero has undergone extensive technical evaluation with Microsoft Corp., earning its designation as Microsoft Azure Certified. As a result of AppZero's work with Microsoft, customers are able to easily find, purchase and deploy AppZero from the Azure Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users have an Azure-based solution for moving applications to the...
Dec. 19, 2014 12:15 PM EST Reads: 486
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,066
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,095
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,268
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,054
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,821
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,930
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,664
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,868
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,846
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,141
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,125
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,949