|By Business Wire||
|May 15, 2014 11:01 AM EDT||
eVestment’s April 2014 Hedge Fund Asset Flows Report finds hedge fund assets under management reaching an all-time high. That and other key findings from the report, according to eVestment Vice President of Research Peter Laurelli, are outlined below:
1) Hedge fund assets reached a new all-time high in April 2014, surpassing their prior peak set in Q2 2008 just a few months before the height of the financial crisis.
2) Investors allocated $17.9 billion to hedge funds in April, the third consecutive month of elevated inflows. Despite very slight performance related declines, total AUM rose 0.42% to $2.938 trillion. Investors have added $68.4 billion through April, far surpassing inflows from 2013 and 2012 for the same time frame.
3) Investors continued to show preference to equity strategies over credit in April, however equity fund flows were noticeably lower than over the prior three months, a possible sign that recent performance losses are weighing on investor sentiment. YTD inflows into equity strategies of $48.3 billion is nearly triple the level for the universe from all of 2013.
4) Credit fund flows were positive, but near flat for the second consecutive month. There appear to be differing opinions on the potential value of credit strategies in the current rate environment, despite its industry leading YTD returns. Credit fund AUM is at an all-time high, however the universe surpassed its pre-crisis peaks back in 2010 and has been in record territory since. Persistent growth has been driven by the structural shift in the industry’s investor base as institutions have overtaken FoFs as primary investors and shown an interest in alternative exposures to familiar markets.
5) Event driven strategies continue to receive large new allocations and despite recent elevated losses in March and April, activist funds continue to be favorites in the space. It is important to remember however that current inflows are the results of decisions made over the past several months and may not reflect current investor sentiment to the strategies.
To view the full report, please click here.
eVestment provides a flexible suite of easy-to-use, cloud-based solutions to help the institutional investing community identify and capitalize on global investment trends, better select and monitor investment managers and more successfully enable asset managers to market their funds worldwide. With the largest, most comprehensive global database of traditional and alternative strategies, delivered through leading-edge technology and backed by fantastic client service, eVestment helps its clients be more strategic, efficient and informed.
May. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,217
May. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 714
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,311
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,435
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,848
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,993
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,978
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 891
May. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,468
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,474
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 671
May. 6, 2015 10:26 AM EDT Reads: 394
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that a...
May. 6, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,559
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, will review the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and share insights into what the next five will bring. He will chronicle the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He will delve into the “Hybrid Cloud” space and explain why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud’ as part of their future strategy to a...
May. 6, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 882
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
May. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,636