|By Business Wire||
|May 21, 2014 05:42 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dkd9dm/3d_bioprinting) has announced the addition of the "Global 3D Bioprinting Market, 2014-2030: Gain an Understanding of the Current and Future State of Bioprinters and Their Applications" report to their offering.
The 3D printing industry has come a long way over the last many years; the technology has the potential of revolutionising the way things occur currently.
Many industries have already benefitted from multiple advancements in this field, resulting in improved and more efficient processes worldwide. The 3D printing industry has multi-faceted dimensions; the technology has recently been used in varied industries such as automotive, medical, business, industrial equipments, education, architecture, and consumer products. There is a widespread optimism that it is likely to gain prominence in the coming years and have a far reaching impact on our daily lives.
Specifically, 3D bioprinting is gradually emerging as an area which is garnering attention from a lot of academicians. Some of these researchers have also recently opened start-up firms with the aim of commercialising the technology over the next decade or so.
One of the key objectives of this report is to understand the current and future state of the bioprinters and products derived thereof.
This is done by analysing the following:
- Commercial 3D Bioprinters currently available in the market
- Innovations of academic groups across various research institutes across the globe
- Competing technologies with similar applications in the healthcare industry
- Size of target consumer segments
- The widening supply-demand gap, specifically for organ transplants.
- As of today, the industry is primarily focused on research and development; apart from the limited number of industry initiatives, academic groups worldwide are involved in exemplary research in the field of 3D bioprinting.
- A number of start-ups have recently sprung up to develop products based on bioprinting; some of these are spin outs from university research. Examples include TeViDo BioDevices (focused on printing breast tissue), Aspect Biosystems (focused on printing tissue models for toxicity testing) and SkinPrint (focused on developing human skin).
- The market currently has 14 industry sponsored bioprinters, focused on a variety of commercial applications. The widening supply-demand gap for organ transplants is a huge unmet need; the eventual goal of researchers is to be able to produce bioprinted organs for organ transplants.
- As the development progresses, the next generation of bioprinters are likely to offer additional features (e.g. multiple arms) and are likely to be relatively more affordable driving wider adoption.
- It is expected that the market will progress gradually over the coming decade; however, the focus is likely to shift from research to commercialisation by the second half of next decade. At this stage, applications such as drug testing and tissue engineering (skin and cartilage) are likely to be popular.
- By 2030, we predict 3D bioprinting to be a multi-billion dollar industry; early success of bioprinted organ transplants is likely to provide additional boost in subsequent years.
- 3D Biotek
- 3D Systems
- Hangzhou Dianzi University, China
- Helisys Inc.
- Methuselah Foundation
- MicroFab Technologies
- Modern Meadows
- n3D Biosciences
- Nano3D Biosciences
- e Materials
- Rainbow Biosciences
- Roland DG Corporation
- Roslin Cellab
- Seattle Genetics
- Vivos Dental
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dkd9dm/3d_bioprinting
Dec. 18, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 763
Dec. 18, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,050
Dec. 18, 2014 02:30 PM EST Reads: 749
Dec. 18, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 815
Dec. 18, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 974
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 839
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,094
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,228
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,779
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,828
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,059
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,871
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,818
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,624