|By Marketwired .||
|May 21, 2014 06:02 PM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 05/21/14 -- Today the 4A's announced its 2014-2015 Board of Directors and Board Officers, following its Board of Directors' meeting in New York. The officers, directors-at-large and regional representatives make up a 27-member Board that represents agencies of varying sizes throughout the United States.
Bill Koenigsberg, president, CEO and founder, Horizon Media, is the new board chair elected to a two-year term. He is the first chairman from a media agency to head the 4A's board. For the past year, Bill has served as vice-chairman working with Momentum Chairman and CEO Chris Weil, who concludes his two-year board chairmanship and will now serve as immediate past chair for one year.
"I'm honored for the opportunity to lead the 4A's Board of Directors as Chairman," said Bill Koenigsberg. "With so much change, the opportunity for the 4A's and my fellow board members to help shape the future of marketing has never been bigger. It's also time to empower our industry's young talent with a platform to facilitate change not only within our industry but for the greater good."
Nancy Hill, President-CEO, 4A's, said, "I look forward to working with Bill and the other board members to guide and shape our association so that it remains relevant and stays ahead of the curve on the critical issues for the industry."
Sharon Napier, CEO, Partners + Napier, continues her term as 4A's Board of Directors' secretary-treasurer.
Directors-at-large on the 4A's Board serving until 2015 are:
- Shane Ankeney, Chief Client Officer, Initiative US
- Matt Anthony, Chief Executive Officer, North America, Young & Rubicam
- Andrew Benett, Global Chief Executive Officer, Havas Worldwide
- Lisa Donohue, Chief Executive Officer, Starcom Worldwide
Directors-at-large on the 4A's Board serving until 2016 are:
- Brad W. Brinegar, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, McKinney
- Kathleen Brookbanks, Chief Operating Officer, OMD USA
- Susan Credle, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett USA
- Sarah Hofstetter, Chief Executive Officer, 360i LLC
Directors-at-large on the 4A's Board until 2017 are:
- Michael Houston, Chief Executive Officer, North America, Grey
- John Montgomery, Chief Operating Officer, North America, GroupM Interaction
- Linda Sawyer, Chief Executive Officer, North America, Deutsch Inc.
4A's Regional Directors
Eastern Region Directors:
- Andrew Graff, Chief Executive Officer, Allen & Gerritsen
- Linda Rosanio, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, The Star Group
- Lori Senecal, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, kbs+
Southern Region Directors
- Brad Bennett, Chief Firestarter, Wildfire
- Joe Erwin, President, Erwin Penland/Greenville
- Matt Williams, Chief Executive Officer, The Martin Agency
Central Region Directors:
- Mark Bachmann, Partner, Chief Client Officer, Marcus Thomas LLC
- Christine Fruechte, Chief Executive Officer, Colle + McVoy
- Karen Seamen, President & Chief Operating Officer, Cramer-Krasselt
Western Region Directors:
- John Gallegos, President, Grupo Gallegos
- Eric Johnson, President, Ignited
- Greg Stern, Chief Executive Officer, Butler, Shine, Stern & Partners
About the 4A's
The 4A's is the national trade association of the advertising agency business. Its membership comprises virtually all of the large, multinational agencies and hundreds of small and mid-sized agencies from across the country, employing approximately 65,000 people. More than 1,200 member agency offices, representing some 750 agency brands, are served by the 4A's; and offer a wide range of marketing communications services, and place 80 percent of all national advertising.
The management-oriented association founded in 1917 helps its members build their businesses, and acts as the industry's spokesperson with government, media, and the public sector. For more information, visit the 4A's Web site at www.aaaa.org.
About Horizon Media
Horizon Media, Inc. is the largest privately held media services agency in the world. The company was founded in 1989, is headquartered in New York, and has offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Chicago. Horizon Media was chosen as 2011 Independent Media Agency of the Year by Mediapost, 2010 U.S. Media Agency of the Year by Adweek, Brandweek, and Mediaweek as well as by Ad Age and as one of the world's ten most innovative marketing and advertising companies by Fast Company in 2011. In 2012, Bill Koenigsberg, President, CEO and Founder, was honored by Advertising Age as Industry Executive of the Year.
The company's mission is "To create the most meaningful brand connections within the lives of people everywhere." By delivering on this mission through a holistic approach to brand marketing, Horizon Media has become the fastest-growing media agency in the industry, with estimated billings of over $4 billion and approximately 800 employees.
The company is also a founding member of Columbus Media International, a multi-national partnership of independent media agencies. For more information, please visit www.horizonmedia.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2599710