|By Marketwired .||
|May 26, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/26/14 --
WHAT: Global Petroleum Show (GPS) will kick off the nation's largest ever oil and gas exhibition in the energy capital of Canada, Calgary, Alberta, on Tuesday, June 10 to Thursday, June 12 at Stampede Park. In 2013, organizers dmg :: events announced that GPS - held in Calgary every two years since 1968 - would now be held on an annual basis in response to demand from participants and the rapid pace of industry change. GPS 2014 will mark the first year of the show since becoming an annual event. GPS will see more than 60,000 registered attendees and 2,000 exhibiting companies (including 400 brand new exhibitors) showcasing emerging technologies, a diverse range of products and services, and industry expertise from internationally recognized brands. Also present will be attendees from Ecuador, India, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Jordan, Argentina, Ghana and Suriname. The exhibition this year will be the largest yet (including halls specially constructed for GPS), having expanded to include international pavilions, presentation theatres hosting free talks, and more outdoor & indoor exhibits. Based on an economic impact study of the 2012 edition, this year's event is expected to generate an estimated $8.9 billion in business transactions, with $4.2 billion transactions with Alberta-based companies. More than 38,000 hotel reservations have been blocked for the annual energy event.
Registration to attend GPS is free online for oil & gas engineers and energy industry professionals through June 1. Visit www.globalpetroleumshow.com to register.
The following features are of particular interest:
- Exhibitor Showcase Presentation Theatres - Complimentary to attend (with official show name badge), seven unique theaters offer an opportunity to explore topics such as Supply Chain & Logistics, Country Market Presentations, Canada's Energy Opportunities, Heavy Oil, Speciality Oil Tools, and more!
- Outdoor Exhibits - A comprehensive and interactive showcase of heavy machinery and field equipment at work in the oil and gas industry. Onsite beer gardens provide attendees a place to relax and refresh after perusing the outdoor displays of oilfield equipment.
Monday, June 9, 2014:
- International Attendee Open House - International guests and delegations are welcome to attend this exclusive event to pick up name badges and GPS materials, and to network with local business and government. Enjoy complimentary snacks, refreshments and enjoy local cultural entertainment. 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Tuesday, June 10, 2014:
- Opening Night Reception - Join industry professionals and celebrate the kick-off of the year's largest Canadian energy event at the Opening Night Reception. Enjoy cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment and a dynamic display that will transport you through the decades of energy evolution. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
Wednesday, June 11, 2014:
- Energy Leaders Breakfast - The Energy Leaders Breakfast will bring together eminent leaders, decision makers, innovators, policy makers and thought leaders to explore the shifting trends and dynamics of global energy, and gain in-depth insights into the barriers and potential solutions to the challenges that we face in 2014 and beyond. 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m. Hyatt Regency Calgary - Imperial Ballroom Ticketed Event
- GPS Rodeo - Taking place in the Grandstand, this action-packed night of bull riding and live rodeo entertainment will also feature a 50/50 draw, from which a portion of the proceeds will benefit Ronald McDonald House.
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Grandstand Infield Ticketed Event
- Official Industry Party - GPS attendees are invited to network at the show's official industry networking event (complimentary admission with official show name badge).
6:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall
Thursday, June 12, 2014:
- The OGM After Dark Party - As the official after party of Global Petroleum Show, the 3rd annual OGM After Dark party blends unconventional ambience with eclectic entertainment and tantalizing cocktails. 5:30 p.m. Cowboys Casino - Cowboys Dance Hall Ticketed Event WHERE: Stampede Park - BMO Centre Halls A - H, Outdoor Area 20 Roundup Way SE, Calgary, Alberta WHO: Notable exhibitors include: - PEMEX, Kuwait Oil Company, ATCO, Government of Alberta - Pavilions and exhibits for companies from Austria, China, Czech Republic, France, Mexico, Poland, Norway, South Korea, United Kingdom, USA and many more. WHEN: The exhibition at GPS is open: - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Thursday, June 12, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Media will be required to obtain a show badge for the event and will need to provide accreditation (a piece of photo identification and an official business card) upon arrival at the Press Office, located in Room 101 & 102 beside Hall D in the BMO Centre. For further information on GPS and to inquire about attendance, visit http://globalpetroleumshow.com/.
Held in conjunction with:
SPE Heavy Oil Conference
Visit http://www.spe.org/events/hocc/2014/ for more information.
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
May. 28, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,575
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgentha...
May. 28, 2015 10:18 AM EDT Reads: 196
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 28, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 796
To manage complex web services with lots of calls to the cloud, many businesses have invested in Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) tools. Together APM and NPM tools are essential aids in improving a business's infrastructure required to support an effective web experience... but they are missing a critical component - Internet visibility. Internet connectivity has always played a role in customer access to web presence, but in the past few years u...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,603
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,128
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud en...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
EMC Corporation on Tuesday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Virtustream. When the transaction closes, Virtustream will form EMC’s new managed cloud services business. The acquisition represents a transformational element of EMC’s strategy to help customers move all applications to cloud-based IT environments. With the addition of Virtustream, EMC completes the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud portfolio to support all applications, all workl...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 822
Software Defined Storage provides many benefits for customers including agility, flexibility, faster adoption of new technology and cost effectiveness. However, for IT organizations it can be challenging and complex to build your Enterprise Grade Storage from software. In his session at Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, CMO at Cloudian, looked at the new Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) market and how it is changing the storage world. Now Software Defined Storage companies can build Enterprise grade ...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,572
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,049
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 28, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,425
Information Technology (IT) service providers have historically struggled between the huge capital expenditure and long development cycles of building their own cloud versus the thin margins and limited flexibility of using public retailers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). The emergence of wholesale cloud, and the technologies that make it possible, is revolutionizing how and by whom enterprise IT is delivered. Wholesale cloud is the game-changing third option between building your own (BYO) c...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,979
Shipping daily, injecting faults, and keeping an extremely high availability "without Ops"? Understand why NoOps does not mean no operations. Agile development methodologies require evolved operations to be successful. In his keynote at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how Microsoft teams who have made huge progress with a DevOps transformation effectively utilize operations staff and how challenges were overcome. Regardless ...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,523
You often hear the two titles of "DevOps" and "Immutable Infrastructure" used independently. In his session at DevOps Summit, John Willis, Technical Evangelist for Docker, will cover the union between the two topics and why this is important. He will cover an overview of Immutable Infrastructure then show how an Immutable Continuous Delivery pipeline can be applied as a best practice for "DevOps." He will end the session with some interesting case study examples.
May. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,717
SYS-CON Media named Andi Mann editor of DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Andi Mann, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, at CA Technologies, is an accomplished digital business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, innovator, marketer, communicator, and thought lea...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,423
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,474