|By Marketwired .||
|May 28, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/28/14 -- On Saturday, May 31, and Sunday, June 1, 2014, brave souls from across the Greater Delaware Valley will take part in this year's MuckFest MS Philadelphia.
This 5K fun-run is pure athletic hilarity, featuring a one-of-a-kind course packed with 20+ outrageous obstacles surrounded by mud-filled pits, trenches and craters. MuckFest MS Philadelphia attracts thousands of women and men, young and old, athletic and not-so-athletic, who band together on teams for a mucky 5K in support of a world free of multiple sclerosis.
Teams are encouraged to invite friends and family to MuckFest MS Philadelphia. There's no charge for spectators and even the little ones get their own mucky play area called Lil' Muckers. The course is arranged so that spectators can see not only the start and finish, but also several of the most muck-tacular obstacles. After teams cross the finish line, they take their mucky mud-soaked "after" photo, hose off, and celebrate the day with a complimentary beer and treat in the MuckFestival area.
It's not just about the fun and the slapstick shenanigans out on the course. There's also a mission behind the muck: 100% of funds raised by participants benefit the National MS Society, which provides programs and services that help people address the challenges of living with MS and funds cutting-edge research into the cause, treatment and a cure for MS.
"Just like the obstacles runners will face during MuckFest MS Philadelphia, multiple sclerosis is unpredictable; you simply don't know what is going to happen next. That's why the money raised through this event is so important," says Tami Caesar, president of the National MS Society's Greater Delaware Valley Chapter.
MuckFest MS participants have raised over $16 million for the National MS Society. Read more about the life-changing work of the National MS Society at www.nationalmssociety.org.
Important coverage notes:
- MuckFest MS is being held at the Ellis Preserve, 3855 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073
- Media have the opportunity to try out the MuckFest MS course on May 30
- Petplan, the local major sponsor of MuckFest MS, is holding a "MuttFest MS" on May 30 at 3 p.m.: that's right, dogs are getting the chance to try out the obstacles course!
- There are starts every 30 minutes beginning at 9 a.m. on May 31 and June 1; the last waves are at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and 12:30 p.m. on Sunday
- The event will attract more than 7,000 runners and raise more than $600,000, making it the largest MuckFest MS event in the country
National MS Society, Greater Delaware Valley Chapter