|By Business Wire||
|June 3, 2014 03:06 AM EDT||
Transforming to be a successful digital business demands more than simply embracing new technology, it requires a fundamental change in how a company thinks and operates, including embracing agile methodologies, forging strong partnerships internally, truly understanding the needs of the customer, opening up to partners, and much more. As part of its mission to help its members transform to a digital business, last week the Forum launched two new How To guides. Today, at TM Forum Live!, TM Forum furthers this mission with the launch of Frameworx 14, the latest version of its Frameworx suite of best practices, to deliver a host of new tools to help businesses improve agility, enable successful partnerships, and drive customer value and loyalty.
“As businesses transform to succeed in the digital economy, TM Forum is leading the charge by helping to guide our members through that complex transformation journey,” said Nik Willetts, chief strategy officer, TM Forum. “Our new How To guides are the first stage in providing the blueprint our members need to succeed in the digital world. As the next step, Frameworx 14 delivers critical tools, best practices and a common taxonomy essential to successful digital transformation, and showcases how the Forum is uniting our members to collaborate on common challenges and raising their collective chances for success.”
The key new features in Frameworx 14 include network functions virtualization (NFV) specifications and user stories; REST application programming interfaces (APIs); 13 new big data analytics case studies; innovative new privacy scoring techniques; and a new approach to managing customer engagement with an integrated maturity model, lifecycle model and metrics, among others.
In under six months, nearly 500 individuals from 160 TM Forum member companies applied proven agile collaboration and development methodologies to create 53 new features in Frameworx 14, guided by the Forum’s strategic programs – Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem, and Customer Engagement.
TM Forum’s Agile Business and IT Program helps service providers and enterprises transform and continuously optimize their IT and business operations. Key features in Frameworx 14 that support this program are:
- TM Forum’s Zero-touch Orchestration and Operation Management (ZOOM) is taking off with specifications applicable to the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) network functions virtualization (NFV) Management and Orchestration (MANO); a gap analysis; and user scenarios which provide guidance to the industry regarding the relationship between ETSI MANO and TM Forum’s work, and sets the priorities for ZOOM’s technical direction.
- A preliminary Logical Resource, Network Functional Model technical report provides support for traditional networks, virtualization, software-defined networking and NFV.
- A new Privacy Scoring maturity model quickly scores the high level privacy of a digital service for customers, executives, or C-level specialists.
- New features in TM Forum’s widely used Revenue Assurance Maturity Model take businesses into the digital services realm with revenue assurance function identification; adoption of risk management principles and techniques for combating revenue assurance issues; and new KPIs, and risk and coverage models.
TM Forum’s Open Digital Ecosystem Program helps service providers, enterprises and technology suppliers create, build and operate complex, innovative services by developing the right tools, APIs, standards and best practices. Key features in Frameworx 14 that support this program are:
- A new web-based B2B2X Partnering guide provides step-by-step guidance, tools and models for business managers and technical teams.
- Two new digital services management REST APIs found in TM Forum’s API Zone enable integration capabilities for performance and service level agreement management.
- A preliminary draft on the concept of Engaged Party in the Frameworx 14 suite outlines an example transition from Supplier/Partner to Engaged Party which is intended to improve the management of different types of roles in complex value chains.
- A Digital Health Interoperability Toolkit provides building blocks for interoperability and business processes across the health and communications sectors.
TM Forum's Customer Engagement Program helps service providers continuously grow their business by moving beyond traditional customer experience, and exploring how to enable one-to-one customer engagement to maximize market share, customer loyalty and growth opportunities. Key features in Frameworx 14 that support this program are:
- Thirteen new big data analytics use cases span functional areas, including customer experience management, increasing revenue per user, improving roaming experience, order handling improvements and field technician optimization, helping service providers unleash the power of big data.
- Over 45 new customer experience management metrics measure trust, device loss, real-time offers, file access (data service), and online portal experience and digital service provider smartphone app experience, bringing the total number of customer experience management metrics to over 275.
Adopted by 91% of the world’s largest service providers, Frameworx continues to be the most widely used blueprint for effective, efficient business operations. TM Forum members can now download and use all the tools, best practices, standards, APIs and interfaces found in this exciting new release.
As proof points on the success of Frameworx, the latest edition of TM Forum’s Case Study Handbook, available in print at TM Forum Live!, features 12 service provider success stories highlighting how they harnessed the potential of Frameworx to successfully address a range of business transformation issues.
In addition, today, a total of 79 products and solutions from over 30 unique companies (both service providers and suppliers) have had their products, solutions and implementations certified as Conformant to Frameworx through TM Forum’s Conformance Certification program. In fact, 72% of service providers certified in TM Forum’s Frameworx adoption survey mandate Frameworx in many or all specifications, and 75% claim that whether or not a product or solution is conformant has an important influence on their buying decision.
TM Forum Live! brings together all the elements of TM Forum’s focus on Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem and Customer Engagement to lead the successful digital transformation of service providers, suppliers and global enterprises. TM Forum Live! is the Forum’s flagship event and features its industry-leading Excellence Awards. TM Forum Live! Asia is set for Nov. 12-13, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. TM Forum Live! Digital Disruption is happening Dec. 8-11, in San Jose, Calif.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a global industry association which helps its members transform and succeed in the digital economy. The collective experience and interests of our member community comprised of more than 85,000 experts from 900+ global enterprises, service providers and technology suppliers drives everything we do, from thought-provoking research and publications, to practical guidance, tools and best practices, hands-on events, and training for business and IT leaders.
Through three key programs – Agile Business and IT, Open Digital Ecosystem, and Customer Engagement – we provide a unique platform for our members to connect and collaborate with individuals and groups from around the world to solve key challenges and rapidly innovate to deliver new services, improve business agility, partner for success, reduce cost and risk, and enhance customer value and loyalty. To learn more about the Forum and join our digital journey as a valued member and collaborator, please visit www.tmforum.org.