|By Marketwired .||
|June 9, 2014 12:02 PM EDT||
NASHVILLE, TN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/09/14 -- Five attorneys from the Birmingham office of Waller, a leading provider of legal services to the healthcare, financial services, retail and hospitality industries, have been named 2014 Alabama Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding attorneys who, through an independent research process, have been identified as having attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The Waller Alabama Super Lawyers include:
- William C. Athanas, a partner at Waller who represents companies and individuals in government investigations and high-profile enforcement actions. His experience includes criminal, regulatory and internal investigations and trials in the banking, healthcare and securities areas. Athanas has been named as a Super Lawyer in the practice area of criminal defense, with special recognition on white collar crime and business litigation. This is his second consecutive year being named a Super Lawyer.
- Larry Childs, a partner at Waller who has been a top litigator for over 30 years with experience in a variety of businesses regarding a diverse range of matters. From the financial services industry to manufacturing, he is skilled in handling complex litigation. Childs was recognized for his achievements in the areas of business litigation, securities litigation and class actions/mass torts. This is his fifth consecutive year and sixth overall appearance on the Super Lawyers list.
- Colin Luke, a partner at Waller who advises hospitals, health systems, physicians and outpatient services providers on regulatory compliance matters. He also counsels healthcare clients on operations issues, such as provider and payor certifications, facility licensure and certificates of need and in transactional matters including the acquisition and divestiture of healthcare facilities and the formation of healthcare joint ventures. This is his sixth consecutive year being named a Super Lawyer.
The Rising Stars list honors attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or have been practicing for 10 years or less. The Waller Alabama Rising Stars are:
- Chris Driskill, an associate at Waller who defends officers and directors of financial institutions against both investor class-actions and shareholder derivative actions. In addition, he represents employers in matters involving allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful discharge under federal and state law. He holds experience in securities fraud class actions, shareholder derivative actions and the enforcement of financial instruments.
- Brian Malcom, an associate at Waller who represents banks, lenders, financial institutions, and healthcare firms in litigation matters. He resolves commercial disputes related to financial products liability, contractual agreements, and other business issues. Malcom has experience in dealing with bond claims, lien claims, financial services and the collection of obligations owed by governmental entities.
The Super Lawyers lists are published in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines across the country. Inclusion is based upon an exhaustive selection process that is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Waller is headquartered in Nashville, Tenn. with offices in Birmingham, Ala., Austin, Tex., and Memphis, Tenn. With approximately 200 attorneys, Waller helps clients navigate a diverse range of complex transactional, regulatory and litigation issues across myriad industries. Founded in 1905, Waller has client relationships spanning decades because clients, time and again, come for the lawyer and stay for the firm®. For more information, please visit www.wallerlaw.com.