|By Marketwired .||
|June 10, 2014 07:00 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwired) -- 06/10/14 -- Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced the general availability of the newest Drive HD Dash Cams by Cobra; the Cobra CDR 820, CDR 840 and CDR 900. Drive HD Dash Cams continuously record video of the road ahead of you, serving as the perfect eyewitness in the event of traffic incidents, while also providing peace-of-mind and an extra sense of security for drivers. With Drive HD Dash Cams, you'll never miss a moment.
All models in the new Drive HD Dash Cam series are designed in compact form factors and utilize Continuous Loop Recording, which automatically overwrites the oldest footage when the memory card gets full. Each model also features a motion sensor for automatic recording while driving, as well as a G-Sensor, which senses sudden acceleration and collisions to automatically capture and protect critical footage surrounding an accident. All Drive HD Dash Cam models feature a minimum of 1080P Full HD Video and include an 8GB memory card so that they are ready to use straight out of the box.
The series' Wi-Fi enabled flagship model, CDR 900, goes the next step in video capture and sharing through the free Cobra Drive HD App. Wi-Fi functionality allows the user to connect and stream live and recorded footage directly to the user's iOS or Android device to instantly view and share footage. Through the Cobra Drive HD App, users can remotely command their CDR 900 to start recording, as well as control its settings through the app's easy-to-use menus. Through Cloud Mode, users can view their camera in real-time from their smartphone anywhere in the world. In addition to innovative features, the CDR 900 captures amazing 1296P Super HD or 1080P HD video using an Ambarella A7LA chipset to ensure high-quality imaging, even during nighttime.
"The road can be a crazy place, and Cobra's updated line of Drive HD Dash Cams are the perfect road companion for a driver's added peace-of-mind and sense of security," said Sally Washlow, president of Cobra Electronics. "Our new line of HD Dash Cams serve as the perfect watchdog for our customers while driving; recording every ride so that good, bad or totally strange, drivers never miss a moment."
The Drive HD Dash Cam Series by Cobra is available now at retail prices ranging from $119.95-$249.99. For more information visit Cobra.com/driveHD.
- 1080P Full HD - records everything you see in 1080P Full HD Video
- Ultra compact size - Makes for discreet and clean installation
- 1.5" LCD screen - Additional video playback on your TV or computer
- 118 degree viewing angle - Crystal clear video that matches Drive HD's best performance identifying license plates at long ranges
- Easy installation - Includes an 8GB MicroSD memory card so the unit is ready out-of-the-box
All the same features as the CDR 820, plus:
- Internal GPS - Embeds exact location and time in every recording. Free PC software allows you to view along with location and G-Sensor information
- Mini HDMI Output - Directly play footage on HD TV or computer
All the same features as the CDR 820, plus:
- 1296P Super HD - Records in 1296P Super HD or 1080P Full HD video.
- Ambarella A7LA Chipset - Ensures the industry's best image quality, night time performance, and advanced dynamic range
- Wi-Fi Enabled - Communicates with the Drive HD companion app for iOS or Android devices to view and share videos
- 2.0" LCD Screen - Includes Micro HDMI output to directly play footage on your HD TV or computer (cable not included)
- 160 degree Viewing Angle - Ultra wide viewing angle films the entire road and your peripherals without edge distortion
About Cobra Electronics:
Cobra Electronics is a leading global designer and marketer of communication and navigation products, with a track record of delivering innovative and award-winning products. Building upon its leadership position in the GMRS/FRS two-way radio, radar detector and Citizens Band radio industries, Cobra identified new growth opportunities and has aggressively expanded into the marine market and has expanded its European operations. The Consumer Electronics Association, Forbes and Deloitte & Touche have all recognized Cobra for the company's innovation and industry leadership. To learn more about Cobra Electronics, please visit the Cobra site at www.cobra.com. Follow Cobra on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CobraElectronic and Like Us at www.facebook.com/CobraElectronics.