|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
InfoVista, the global leader of IP and RF planning, service assurance and network optimization software solutions, today announced that it is the first to certify its network performance management solution, VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), with the latest version of Alcatel-Lucent’s SAM management solution. Communications service providers’ (CSPs) network operations, engineering and planning teams will benefit from the service level agreement (SLA) management and full historical reporting and analysis provided by the integration.
In particular, VistaLink for 5620 SAM supports accelerated time-to-market of differentiated IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet services, including microwave backhaul, by providing CSPs with the real-time service quality visualization they need to proof-point the value of these offerings to their business and wholesale customers. Additionally, VistaLink helps CSPs generate additional revenue by enabling hands-on troubleshooting and premium reporting capabilities.
- “Our solution’s multi-vendor support and pre-configured integrations with service-centric element management systems, such as the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, provide the high level of performance visibility and sophisticated reporting our customers require,” said Christopher Cullan, product marketing manager, business services solutions, InfoVista. “We are thrilled to once again be the first service assurance vendor to gain this latest certification with Alcatel-Lucent, and look forward to continuing our collaborations with them.”
- Sasa Nijemcevic, VP & GM of Alcatel-Lucent’s Network Management Business Unit commented, “Alcatel-Lucent continually strives to ensure that our customers are able to take advantage of their network investment almost immediately, including the availability of industry-leading performance assurance solutions for the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM. Through a decade of commitment to our Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program for the Service Aware Manager (SAM), InfoVista has proven its continuing dedication to offering near simultaneous certified availability with our network management.”
- The Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program is a selective partnering program with best-of-breed software vendors. Its purpose is to help CSPs reduce OSS integration cost, time and risk by creating pre-integrated OSS application solutions that are compatible and interoperate with Alcatel-Lucent network management solutions, such as the 5620 SAM. InfoVista has been a member of the OSS Connected Partner Program since 2004.
- Due to InfoVista’s commitment to integrating its products with Alcatel-Lucent’s 5620 SAM, InfoVista has also been awarded Connected Premier Partner status in the Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program. As a certified Alcatel-Lucent Connected Premier Partner, InfoVista will continue to deliver network performance management solutions that take advantage of the latest 5620 SAM features and support successful network upgrades.
- VistaLink for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM supports IP VPN and Carrier Ethernet service performance assurance capabilities for CSPs’ internal engineering and network operations. The solution also enables CSPs to demonstrate the quality of their services with sophisticated customer reporting, basic and custom SLA measurements, resource health and service usage monitoring, and early warnings on application and network performance degradation.
- Through InfoVista’s close interactions and collaboration with the Alcatel-Lucent team, CSPs can ensure high quality execution of their network performance management and network performance monitoring, even after network upgrades, so they can take advantage of the latest features of Alcatel-Lucent’s new release.
- Learn how Wide Open West (WOW) has benefitted from InfoVista’s certified Carrier Ethernet network and service performance management solution.
- To schedule a meeting with InfoVista at MEF GEN14, taking place November 17-20 in Washington, D.C., please email [email protected].
- Follow and engage with InfoVista on its blog, “ProActive Network News,” and on LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+ and Twitter.
InfoVista, Alcatel-Lucent, Carrier Ethernet, IP VPN, Connected Partner Program, communications service providers, CSPs, 5620 SAM, Service Aware Manager, SLA, VistaLink, OSS, microwave backhaul, service quality visualization, troubleshooting, network reporting, service assurance, network performance management, network performance monitoring, Wide Open West, WOW, MEF, GEN14, SReXperts
InfoVista is the leading provider of IP and RF planning, service assurance and optimization software solutions and services that enable efficient network and IT transformations. Our award-winning solutions empower communications service providers and IT-intensive enterprises to deliver high-performing and differentiated services, while cost-effectively planning, operating, optimizing and monetizing their networks. InfoVista’s combined expertise and technology innovations in radio and IP networks provide more than 550 customers worldwide with a new level of network intelligence, visibility and control across the entire network life cycle. Using InfoVista’s solutions, they deliver optimal quality of service, ensure a high-quality user experience, invest appropriately and consolidate their OSS/BSS ecosystems, while keeping total cost of ownership as low as possible. For more information, please visit www.infovista.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,578
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,684
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
May. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,988
The multi-trillion economic opportunity around the "Internet of Things" (IoT) is emerging as the hottest topic for investors in 2015. As we connect the physical world with information technology, data from actions, processes and the environment can increase sales, improve efficiencies, automate daily activities and minimize risk. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ed Maguire, Senior Analyst at CLSA Americas, will describe what is new and different about IoT, explore financial, technological and re...
May. 29, 2015 10:50 AM EDT Reads: 118
Andi Mann has been serving as Conference Chair of the DevOps Summit since its inception. He is one of the world's recognized leaders in DevOps, and continues to be one of its most articulate advocates. Here are some recent thoughts of his in an interview we conducted in the run-up to the DevOps Summit to be held June 9-11 at the Javits Center in New York City. When did you first start thinking about DevOps and its potential impact on enterprise IT? Andi: I first started thinking about DevOps b...
May. 29, 2015 10:33 AM EDT Reads: 194
The web app is Agile. The REST API is Agile. The testing and planning are Agile. But alas, Data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes which force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software orga...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 604
The OpenStack cloud operating system includes Trove, a database abstraction layer. Rather than applications connecting directly to a specific type of database, they connect to Trove, which in turn connects to one or more specific databases. One target database is Postgres Plus Cloud Database, which includes its own RESTful API. Trove was originally developed around MySQL, whose interfaces are significantly less complicated than those of the Postgres cloud database. In his session at 16th Cloud...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile ...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,446
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between confe...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,161
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,374
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,088
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not ...
May. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 635
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,217
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, will analyze how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining B...
May. 29, 2015 09:36 AM EDT Reads: 316
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 29, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,368