|By Business Wire||
|June 10, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
Silicon Beach Fest is back for its third year. Taking place on June 18-21, 2014, in Santa Monica, the annual fest brings together technology leaders, startup CEOs, investors, Hollywood studio executives, entrepreneurs, city officials, university faculty, developers, social media experts, and more to celebrate LA’s dynamic technology industry. This year’s fest expands upon last year’s success, which attracted more than 2,000 attendees from around the world, received national press coverage, sparked collaboration among industries, and resulted in the creation of new startups. For Silicon Beach Fest 2014 schedule and registration, please visit: http://siliconbeachfest.com.
Silicon Beach Fest 2014 will showcase three of LA’s most prominent entrepreneurs as featured speakers. Patrick Soon-Shiong, visionary surgeon, scientist, and CEO of NANTHEALTH, will present the opening keynote on June 19th. SBF will also feature fireside chats with Frank Addante, Founder and CEO of The Rubicon Project, and Chet Pipkin, Founder and CEO of Belkin, who will discuss building successful businesses in Los Angeles.
“2014 has been the most successful year yet for the Los Angeles digital tech community,” said Kevin Winston, Founder of Digital LA, and creator of the Silicon Beach Fest. “With impressive successes from companies like Beats by Dre, Oculus Rift, Maker Studios, and The Rubicon Project, the Los Angeles tech scene has become a top global destination for technology innovation.
“For the past two years, Silicon Beach Fest has been the premier place for the tech community to meet, mix, and create new business opportunities. We’re excited to welcome an eclectic mix of LA’s most successful companies, worldly entrepreneurs, and anyone looking to learn about and experience the Los Angeles technology community.”
Key events include:
- Panels: Educational panels featuring LA’s top startups, CEOs, VCs, investors, and Hollywood executives, on June 19 and 20.
- Parties: Networking opportunities every night including the Opening Party presented by Demand Media, the Closing Party presented by Media Temple, and Thursday VIP party by PromoJam. In addition, there are several other parties and networking events.
- Startup Showcase: More than 25 up-and-coming startups will pitch for their chance to win the grand prize and the SBF 2014 Startup Showcase title and trophy.
- Beach Games: Surf, play basketball, or beach volleyball at the Silicon Beach Fest - Beach games on Saturday, June 21.
New features for this year include:
- Digital Content Fest: A separate track of panels featuring LA’s top Multichannel Networks as well as exclusive screenings of digital content from top YouTube creators and independent digital creators who will discuss content creation and production.
- Gadget Sandbox: In recognition of the increasing importance of tech you can touch, startups will be demoing gadgets and new Internet of Things devices including 3D printing, virtual reality, augmented reality, wearable/ fitness tech, and more at the Gadget Sandbox, a popup location on 2nd Street near Third Street Promenade.
- Women’s Track: The new Women’s Track features the largest number of women startup entrepreneurs and investors assembled at a LA tech event. The track includes panels including Women VCs / Investors, Female Founders, Fundraising from the Female Perspective, Women Developers, as well as a Women's Lunch on June 18.
- The LA Innovators Party: Hollywood meets LA's Tech Scene at 41 Ocean on Thursday, June 19th. The private VIP evening celebrating the movers and shakers of entertainment and technology in LA and features celebrity DJ's "Two Halves" Shenae Grimes and husband Josh Beech, and a special guest DJ from MTV's The Buried Life.
Sponsors / Partners
Many companies, people, and initiatives share the mission to make LA a global epicenter for technological innovation and entrepreneurialism. Thanks to sponsors: Demand Media and City National Bank; organizing sponsors Digital LA, Radix Collective, Kluge Interactive, PromoJam, and Orange Soda; venue sponsors Cross Campus and General Assembly; media partners Built in Los Angeles, PandoDaily, SocalTech, TechZulu, VentureBeat, and What’s Trending, as well as dozens of additional sponsors and partners. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
About Digital LA
Digital LA is the largest digital startup entertainment professional group based in LA, reaching more than 55,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn groups. http://digitalla.net @DigitalLA