|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 02:33 PM EDT||
Zuora, the world’s billing, commerce and finance leader, capped off Subscribed 2014 by recognizing leaders for creating great subscription experiences and deepening customer relationships. With a new record high of over 1300 attendees and 100 notable speakers, Subscribed is the only global conference uniquely designed to help companies completely reinvent their industries and modernize finance, IT, marketing, operations and sales processes.
This year’s honorees include large global enterprises and disruptive growth companies alike. They have each leveraged Zuora’s award winning Relationship Business Management (RBM) solution to help build better businesses and take advantage of the $500 billion opportunity in the Subscription Economy.
The awards honor companies for innovation in the Subscription Economy, including:
- Grow Award: Innovation in launching and scaling subscription businesses. Nominees: TripAdvisor, Okta, Mindflash, Rogers.
- Flow Award: Innovation in managing complex subscription processes to drive operational efficiencies. Nominees: Vivint, Belly, HomeAway, Bettercloud, Smarsh.
- Know Award: Innovation in using data insight to improve the subscription experience. Nominees: Borderfree, Intuit, Xplornet, MLS Listings, Bettercloud.
- (Re)Inventor of the Year Award: Innovation across growth, process, and knowledge. Reinventing a company’s business, their industry, and the world. Nominees: Dell, HP, Acxiom, Honeywell.
2014 AWARDEES DEMONSTRATE INNOVATION IN THE SUBSCRIPTION ECONOMY
The Grow Award
- Okta, an enterprise-grade identity management service, won the Growth Innovation Award for leveraging Zuora to create a powerful subscription experience for their customers that allows them to buy and consume how they want.
- With over 4 million users, Okta clients such as MGM Resorts International, Chiquita Brands, Groupon, LinkedIn, and Rotary International have unprecedented latitude in adjusting their subscription term lengths, usage discounts and volume metrics.
- The ability to dynamically iterate their pricing and packaging strategy has put Okta on a remarkable growth trajectory, resulting in increased value to their customers.
The Flow Award
- Vivint is the largest home automation services provider in North America. Purchased by Blackstone for $2 billion in 2012, Vivint’s continued growth comes from rapid customer acquisition, geographic expansion and product innovation.
- Vivint’s homegrown order-to-cash system was developed to support a single service at a single price. But as it grew, manual processes and spreadsheets were impeding Vivint’s time to market, ultimately hindering its ability to best serve its customers at scale.
- Since going live with Zuora, Vivint has reduced their processing time from 35 hours to eight. With this capability, Vivint can rapidly onboard additional customers who receive an expanded set of services.
The Know Award
- Intuit creates business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013.
- Intuit QuickBase & Intuit DemandForce, two fast growing SaaS divisions, needed better insight into their customer base's subscription behavior.
- Using a streamlined reporting process from Zuora, Intuit now has access to rich subscription trends and pricing & discount analysis, giving them informed decision-making capabilities to better serve their customers.
The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award
- Acxiom, an enterprise data and analytics company that helps companies make better marketing decisions, has been awarded with The (Re)Inventor of the Year Award.
- Acxiom wanted to offer all customers the same access to big data marketing solutions that major enterprises enjoy. Their launch of the Acxiom Audience Operating System was the subscription based product they created to service this market.
- To support AOS’ success in the SMB business market, they reinvented their business model around the subscription experience. Knowing that a legacy ERP would dramatically impede time to market, Acxiom adopted a “configure not customize” approach, rolling out Zuora as their order-to-revenue platform and easily integrating it into their back-office systems.
- With the success of AOS as a recurring revenue business, Acxiom has begun to reinvent other parts of their business in search of additional growth and competitive advantage.
“Okta is thrilled to be awarded the 2014 Subscribed Grow Award. With Zuora as a partner, our customers can choose what options work best for them, helping to ensure long term customer success.” – Jake Randall, Sr. Director of Finance and Business Operations, Okta
“We are pleased to be awarded The Flow Award from Zuora for process innovation, and thrilled to be a part of Subscribed again. Our implementation of Zuora is an important part of our work, helping Vivint to scale so we can continue to serve our growing customer base with new and existing services.” – Todd Thompson, CIO, Vivint
“With Zuora, we’ve created a flexible billing platform for our QuickBase business that enables us to move fast, test, and get insights in a way we simply wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise. We’re very honored to have been awarded The Know Award at this year’s Subscribed conference.” – Allison Mnookin, Vice President, Intuit
“I’m very proud to say that a 40-year old organization like Acxiom has readily adopted and embraced the Subscription Economy, and we owe Zuora a lot of the credit for seamlessly enabling this shift. We are very excited to have been awarded the (Re)Invention Award by Zuora and look forward to continuing to leverage Zuora in our journey to a recurring revenue model.” – AJ Bernstein, VP, Global Shared Services, Acxiom
“Zuora customers have helped make the Subscription Economy the unstoppable force that it is today – a $500B market opportunity that’s reinventing businesses and industries everywhere,” said Tien Tzuo, CEO & Founder, Zuora. “The Subscribed awards honor a range of companies, from large enterprises to small, high growth businesses, who are flexing their innovative muscle to reinvent themselves and their industries to deliver the subscription experience that their customers demand.”
RBM is powered by Z-Business Nine, which celebrated its 63rd release, and manages the business operations of customer-centric subscription companies, similar to what traditional ERP has done for manufacturing.
About Z-Business Nine
Z-Business Nine, the latest edition of Zuora’s RBM solution, is designed help enterprises reinvent their business models by:
- Supporting rapid innovation without requiring massive investments;
- Addressing the quote-to-revenue demands of relationship-centric business models;
- Integrating seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures and;
- Meeting the highest enterprise security, scalability and audit standards.
About Zuora, Inc.
Zuora is the global leader in Relationship Business Management solutions, helping companies in every industry transition to the Subscription Economy. Enterprise leaders and high-growth companies alike use Zuora's multi-tenant cloud platform to launch, scale, and monetize their subscription services. Zuora's applications work where traditional ERP applications fail: Subscription pricing, quoting, orders, billing, payments, and renewals. Built from the ground up by SaaS industry veterans from salesforce.com, PayPal, and Netsuite, Zuora services innovative customers like Informatica, Tata Communications, Box, Xplornet, Ustream and Reed Business Information. To learn more about Zuora, please visit www.zuora.com.
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will disc...
Mar. 2, 2015 08:45 PM EST Reads: 447
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance...
Mar. 2, 2015 08:30 PM EST Reads: 549
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, will analyze a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discuss the benefits/challenges of migrating to each of...
Mar. 2, 2015 08:30 PM EST Reads: 609
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a technology designed to make DevOps easier and allow developers to focus on application development. The PaaS takes care of provisioning, scaling, HA, and other cloud management aspects. Apache Stratos is a PaaS codebase developed in Apache and designed to create a highly productive developer environment while also supporting powerful deployment options. Integration with the Docker platform, CoreOS Linux distribution, and Kubernetes container management system ...
Mar. 2, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 577
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS soluti...
Mar. 2, 2015 07:30 PM EST Reads: 359
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch ...
Mar. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EST Reads: 749
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
Mar. 2, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 398
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Mar. 2, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,298
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Mar. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,512
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,343
HP and Aruba Networks on Monday announced a definitive agreement for HP to acquire Aruba, a provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise, for $24.67 per share in cash. The equity value of the transaction is approximately $3.0 billion, and net of cash and debt approximately $2.7 billion. Both companies' boards of directors have approved the deal. "Enterprises are facing a mobile-first world and are looking for solutions that help them transition legacy investme...
Mar. 2, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 713
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Mar. 2, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,448
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
Mar. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,420
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Mar. 2, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,288
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Mar. 2, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,211