|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
TOKYO, JAPAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that it has bagged top honors in two award categories at Interop Tokyo 2014, further demonstrating the company's commitment to deliver innovative networking technology for enterprise and service provider customers. The Juniper Networks® SRX5400 Series Services Gateway, received the Best of Show Award Grand Prix in the ShowNet Product category and the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Security category while the Juniper Networks Contrail won the Best of Show Award Special Prize in the Cloud Platform category.
Juniper Networks Contrail designed for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV), enables service providers to use dynamically chained virtual machines running on industry-standard high-volume servers, switches and storage in place of many types of network equipment.
The Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway is a multi-service, next generation security platform for data centers and large enterprise campuses that leverages the company's new services processing cards (SPCs) and input/output cards (IOCs) to provide market-leading connectivity, performance and service integration.
Each year at Interop Tokyo, one of Asia's largest network computing trade shows, awards recognize the most innovative products, solutions and services among hundreds of nominated submissions. This year, the event attracted more than 130,000 attendees and featured keynote addresses, a conference program and an expo area for vendor showcases.
The Best of Show Awards were presented to Juniper Networks by a judging panel of IT industry experts who carried out a rigorous examination of products and solutions exhibited by more than 300 companies at Interop Tokyo 2014. Juniper Networks has been an award recipient at every Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway
- The high performance and High-IQ SRX5400 supports a wide range of services, enabling future support for new capabilities without the need for service-specific hardware.
- Based on the same chassis and backplane design as Juniper Networks MX Series Universal Edge routing platform, the SRX5400 offers 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE connectivity options -- the first firewall to support a 100GbE interface. This will allow customers to scale their security solution seamlessly as their traffic grows.
- The compact five RU device can deliver up to 65 Gbps firewall throughput, 22 Gbps of IPS performance, and can handle 450,000 new connections per second and 28 million concurrent user sessions.
- With the IOCs sharing the same switch fabric slot interface as the SPCs, the architecture of the SRX5400 Services Gateway enables customers to configure the device as needed to support the ideal balance of processing and input/output.
- The SRX5400 can also run next generation firewall protection with application awareness via Juniper Networks AppSecure, user role-based firewall controls, and Unified Threat Management (UTM).
- AppSecure is a suite of application security capabilities that identifies applications for greater visibility, enforcement, control, and protection of the network.
- User role-based firewall capabilities are integrated with the SRX Series Services Gateways for standard next generation firewall controls. More extensive, scalable, granular access controls for creating dynamic policies are available through the integrations of SRX with a Juniper Unified Access Control solution.
- Unified Threat Management delivers content security against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with anti-virus, anti-spam, web filtering and content filtering services.
Juniper Networks Contrail
- Juniper Networks Contrail is a simple, open and agile SDN solution that automates and orchestrates the creation of highly-scalable virtual networks, seamlessly integrating with physical routers and switches to eliminate the challenges of private and public cloud networking.
- Juniper Networks Contrail integrates with OpenStack and CloudStack via a plugin, extending the open source cloud orchestration and management platform's capabilities to provide a complete, Layer 3 overlay-based network virtualization solution.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is showing tremendous momentum leading up to its one year anniversary, with more than 20 paying enterprise and service provider customers since launch, including Cloud Dynamics and Cyberport.
- Juniper Networks Firefly Perimeter, a virtual firewall based on the SRX Services Gateway delivered in a virtual machine form factor, is one of a number of solutions used to demonstrate security service chaining. Other virtualized network service solutions shown running on Juniper's NVF Platform included Riverbed's SteelApp application delivery controller and Sonus Networks' SBC SWe session border controller.
"We are honored to have won such prestigious awards for the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway and Contrail. The next-generation performance and versatile security capabilities of the SRX5400 Series Services Gateway deliver the capital efficiency, service agility and operational scale needed for next-generation enterprise applications. And, Contrail continues to lead the market for SDN-enabled cloud data centers and NFV service chaining. We have half a dozen cloud orchestration partners and more than a dozen technology developers already involved in delivering virtualized network service solution on our platform, making its value even stronger."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks SRX5400 Series Services Gateway homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx5400/
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.