|By Elizabeth White||
|June 16, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Red Hat, Inc. on Monday announced the launch of several updated system administration training courses and certification exams, to teach and qualify students on how to install, configure, deploy, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
The courses continue to feature a hands-on, lab-based environment to provide IT professionals with the skill-sets they need to implement and maintain Linux deployments. The new curriculum places greater emphasis on enterprise administration skills including command line administration, shell scripting, diagnostics and troubleshooting. The courses will be available via traditional classrooms, live virtual training, online, or on-site at customers locations for private team training.
Celebrating 15 years of preparing professionals for open innovation, Red Hat Training courses benefit both students and the companies they work for by delivering some of the most comprehensive curricula regarding Red Hat technology. Oriented around real-world job roles and tasks, Red Hat's training and certifications help enterprises have confidence that their IT departments are getting the most out of their Red Hat environments.
In addition to the more than 40 training courses Red Hat Training currently offers, the updated courses include:
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) – This course focuses on providing students with Linux administration "survival skills" by focusing on core administration tasks. System Admin I also provides a foundation for students wishing to become full time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise level tools such as systemd. It is part one of a two-part course pairing to provide students with the core system administration tasks needed to earn their RHCSA and to be a full time Linux administrator.
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) – This course is specifically designed for students who have completed RH124. It dives deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, LVM, SELinux, firewalld, and accessing storage with SMB and NFS. Together with Red Hat System Administration I, it can help prepare a candidate for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199) – This course is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux administration. The course reviews the tasks covered in Red Hat System Administration I and II, but at an accelerated pace. On completion of course materials, experienced Linux admins should be prepared to take the RHCSA exam.
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) – Available soon, this course is for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent skills, and focuses on deploying and managing advanced network server services, including: caching DNS services, MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with NFS and SMB, iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. This course can also help candidates in their preparation for the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
- RHCE Certification Lab (RH299) - Available soon, this course (formerly known as the RHCE Rapid Track Course) is designed for students seeking a hands-on, lab-based review prior to taking the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam. It reviews the labs from RHCSA Rapid Track Course and Red Hat® System Administration III to prepare for the Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (EX300).
The updated exams include:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (EX200) - The performance-based RHCSA Exam (EX200) tests an IT professionals Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration knowledge and skills.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam (EX300) – Available soon, the performance-based RHCE Exam (EX300) tests an IT professionals knowledge, skill, and ability to meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
Dec. 28, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,709
Dec. 28, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,118
Dec. 28, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,909
Dec. 28, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 477
Dec. 28, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,042
Dec. 28, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,795
Dec. 28, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,291
Dec. 28, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,303
Dec. 28, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,158
Dec. 28, 2014 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,615
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,864
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,186
Dec. 28, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,859
Dec. 28, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,013
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,209