|By Business Wire||
|June 17, 2014 12:36 PM EDT||
Headline of the release should read: iYogi Announces: “IoT to Drive a Customer Service Revolution” (instead of “IoT to Drive a Customer Service Revolution”). Also, Vishal Dhar should be identified as the co-founder of iYogi in the first paragraph.
The corrected release reads:
IYOGI ANNOUNCES: “IOT TO DRIVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REVOLUTION”
On the second day of the IoT World Conference, Vishal Dhar, co-founder of iYogi, will release a whitepaper titled: “How the Internet of Things is Revolutionizing Customer Service”.
This is downloadable at: http://www.digitalservicecloud.com/white-paper.
1:1 customer interactions made possible through personalized services and engagement
“The customer service industry is about to see an IoT tsunami change in the next five years. Just as consumers will experience a whole host of new applications; brands, service providers and OEMs will realize the full opportunity of IoT enabled customer services and support. One to one customer engagement practice can now become a reality, as a new layer of connectivity, customer intelligence and automation appear in the service conversation evoking a service delivery revolution,” commented Vishal Dhar, co-founder at iYogi - Digital Service Cloud, speaking at the IoT World Conference.
The whitepaper cites:
- Unified customer service management platforms: In an IoT world, unified platforms are the way forward for service providers to monitor, service and manage heterogeneous devices across consumer and business applications. A single interoperable platform with a centralized interface enables integrated support channels, apps, databases and user tools for an enhanced customer experience and driving efficiency to operational centers.
- Synchronized customer intelligence: Real time IoT customer data combined with predictive analytics allows for faster service resolution. Intelligence on customer status, location, functionality and preferences enables service issues to be resolved proactively – going beyond real-time to future-time, giving insights into potential problems.
- Costs of service management will be driven down: Moving away from a reactive model of support and working on real-time data, service providers can automate service solutions to realize cost reductions and provide an overall better customer experience.
- Big Data = Personalization and improved customer manageability: IoT allows the greatest opportunity yet to collect big data. As more customers and end users’ devices are connected – service providers are able to understand each customer’s specific profile and behavioral patterns to deliver far more personalized customer engagements.
- Balancing automation and human interaction: The White Paper predicts that IoT devices will increasingly interact without human intervention in the first instance, through automated customer services and intelligent interventions – qualifying issues with optimal resolutions via self-service assets, utilities and one-to-one service requests. For high escalation cases, customer service agents will handle service requests where manual intervention is necessary.
- Reactive to proactive service support: Automated customer service has a big place in the next generation of the service industry, as IoT drives intelligent automation based on real time data aggregation and analysis. This will allow the device itself – and not the human user – to interact with a support layer for problem resolution.
- Unlock hidden revenue opportunities: A better understanding of the customer profile and likely behavioral patterns is made possible by an IoT driven service platform. Real-time customer intelligence provides insights to OEMs and service providers to plan and anticipate future customer needs and requirements to extend customer lifecycles with opportunities to introduce additional products and services.
Market opportunity for support: The rapid expansion of device connectivity is fueling growth in the market for solutions designed to power the Internet of Things. Global revenue from M2M services is forecast by Infonetics to grow at an 18% CAGR from 2013 to 2018. “M2M continues to gather momentum as enterprises, in the never-ending pursuit of competitive advantage, seek to find new ways of using connected technologies to improve business agility and lower operational costs,” notes Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and The Internet of Things, Infonetics Research.
About Digital Service Cloud
Digital Service Cloud is a unified IoT customer management platform that intelligently monitors, services and manages heterogeneous devices, enabling service providers to manage large-scale customer service deployments and redefine end-user experiences. Digital Service Cloud empowers service providers to transform service delivery, enhance the customer experience and generate new revenues through support automation. The company partners with global brands, major service delivery platforms, software companies and service providers. Website: http://www.digitalservicecloud.com/
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Holland Barry, VP of Technology at Catbird, will discuss the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do to...
Oct. 31, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,869
Can we look to the paradigm of cloud computing from a completely different perspective? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Gundars Kulups, Sales Director at DEAC, will discuss what we can learn from our dining habits when choosing a cloud solution. Gundars Kulups is Sales Director at DEAC, full service data center operator. An IT expert, he specializes in European countries and has worke...
Oct. 31, 2014 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,102
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and ...
Oct. 31, 2014 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,232
SYS-CON Events announced today that SOA Software, an API management leader, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SOA Software is a leading provider of API Management and SOA Governance products that equip business to deliver APIs and SOA together to drive their company to mee...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,159
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally - how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, will provide answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He will also te...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business to business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the communications and t...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,163
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, E...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,228
We live in a time when seconds – even milliseconds – can have a dramatic economic impact on your company’s future. With technology being the primary conduit for consumer interaction, the user experience is at center stage. User experience will be a deciding factor in separating the future winners from the losers. By building more speed and agility into the application delivery process, DevOps prom...
Oct. 31, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,426
SYS-CON Events announced today that Parasoft will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 27 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composi...
Oct. 31, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,293