|By Business Wire||
|June 17, 2014 12:36 PM EDT||
Headline of the release should read: iYogi Announces: “IoT to Drive a Customer Service Revolution” (instead of “IoT to Drive a Customer Service Revolution”). Also, Vishal Dhar should be identified as the co-founder of iYogi in the first paragraph.
The corrected release reads:
IYOGI ANNOUNCES: “IOT TO DRIVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REVOLUTION”
On the second day of the IoT World Conference, Vishal Dhar, co-founder of iYogi, will release a whitepaper titled: “How the Internet of Things is Revolutionizing Customer Service”.
This is downloadable at: http://www.digitalservicecloud.com/white-paper.
1:1 customer interactions made possible through personalized services and engagement
“The customer service industry is about to see an IoT tsunami change in the next five years. Just as consumers will experience a whole host of new applications; brands, service providers and OEMs will realize the full opportunity of IoT enabled customer services and support. One to one customer engagement practice can now become a reality, as a new layer of connectivity, customer intelligence and automation appear in the service conversation evoking a service delivery revolution,” commented Vishal Dhar, co-founder at iYogi - Digital Service Cloud, speaking at the IoT World Conference.
The whitepaper cites:
- Unified customer service management platforms: In an IoT world, unified platforms are the way forward for service providers to monitor, service and manage heterogeneous devices across consumer and business applications. A single interoperable platform with a centralized interface enables integrated support channels, apps, databases and user tools for an enhanced customer experience and driving efficiency to operational centers.
- Synchronized customer intelligence: Real time IoT customer data combined with predictive analytics allows for faster service resolution. Intelligence on customer status, location, functionality and preferences enables service issues to be resolved proactively – going beyond real-time to future-time, giving insights into potential problems.
- Costs of service management will be driven down: Moving away from a reactive model of support and working on real-time data, service providers can automate service solutions to realize cost reductions and provide an overall better customer experience.
- Big Data = Personalization and improved customer manageability: IoT allows the greatest opportunity yet to collect big data. As more customers and end users’ devices are connected – service providers are able to understand each customer’s specific profile and behavioral patterns to deliver far more personalized customer engagements.
- Balancing automation and human interaction: The White Paper predicts that IoT devices will increasingly interact without human intervention in the first instance, through automated customer services and intelligent interventions – qualifying issues with optimal resolutions via self-service assets, utilities and one-to-one service requests. For high escalation cases, customer service agents will handle service requests where manual intervention is necessary.
- Reactive to proactive service support: Automated customer service has a big place in the next generation of the service industry, as IoT drives intelligent automation based on real time data aggregation and analysis. This will allow the device itself – and not the human user – to interact with a support layer for problem resolution.
- Unlock hidden revenue opportunities: A better understanding of the customer profile and likely behavioral patterns is made possible by an IoT driven service platform. Real-time customer intelligence provides insights to OEMs and service providers to plan and anticipate future customer needs and requirements to extend customer lifecycles with opportunities to introduce additional products and services.
Market opportunity for support: The rapid expansion of device connectivity is fueling growth in the market for solutions designed to power the Internet of Things. Global revenue from M2M services is forecast by Infonetics to grow at an 18% CAGR from 2013 to 2018. “M2M continues to gather momentum as enterprises, in the never-ending pursuit of competitive advantage, seek to find new ways of using connected technologies to improve business agility and lower operational costs,” notes Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and The Internet of Things, Infonetics Research.
About Digital Service Cloud
Digital Service Cloud is a unified IoT customer management platform that intelligently monitors, services and manages heterogeneous devices, enabling service providers to manage large-scale customer service deployments and redefine end-user experiences. Digital Service Cloud empowers service providers to transform service delivery, enhance the customer experience and generate new revenues through support automation. The company partners with global brands, major service delivery platforms, software companies and service providers. Website: http://www.digitalservicecloud.com/
In high-production environments where release cycles are measured in hours or minutes — not days or weeks — there's little room for mistakes and no room for confusion. Everyone has to understand what's happening, in real time, and have the means to do whatever is necessary to keep applications up and running optimally. DevOps is a high-stakes world, but done well, it delivers the agility and performance to significantly impact business competitiveness.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:45 PM EST Reads: 489
ScriptRock makes GuardRail, a DevOps-ready platform for configuration monitoring. Realizing we were spending way too much time digging up, cataloguing, and tracking machine configurations, we began writing our own scripts and tools to handle what is normally an enormous chore. Then we took the concept a step further, giving it a beautiful interface and making it simple enough for our bosses to understand. We named it GuardRail after its function - to allow businesses to move fast and stay sa...
Dec. 21, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 701
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,970
SYS-CON Media announced today that Sematext launched a popular blog feed on DevOps Journal with over 6,000 story reads over the weekend. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting an...
Dec. 21, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 689
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,401
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,983
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 21, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,970
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,140
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,793
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 21, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,039
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 21, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,264
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
Dec. 21, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,953
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,336
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 20, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,258