|By Marketwired .||
|June 17, 2014 01:23 PM EDT||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/17/14 -- Summer is at the height of travel season, bringing tourists from all over the world to San Diego. The pinnacle of summer fun is the Fourth of July. Whether it is events for budget-friendly families or luxury-seeking singles, San Diego has Fourth of July fun in spades. From beaches to bars, there is something for everyone to do here.
1. 4th of July Picnic and Fireworks at La Jolla Shores: This popular beach has beautiful, clear water, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and more fun. The nearby Kellogg Park is a great place for a picnic. Get there early to snag parking and stay all day to enjoy the fireworks scheduled over the La Jolla cove.
2. Ocean Beach Pier: Spend the day enjoying the many shops, restaurants, and bars in downtown Ocean Beach. Picnic with family and friends, play in the ocean, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach, or shop along Newport Avenue. Top it off by enjoying the fireworks set off on the Ocean Beach Pier.
3. The Coronado Independence Day Celebration and Fireworks: Take the ferry over from San Diego to Coronado for some active fun. Save a spot for the Independence Day Parade, then get some exercise by participating in the Annual Independence Day 15k Run-5k Run/Walk at Tideland Park or the Annual Rough Water Swim at Coronado City Beach. Cap it off by watching the fireworks over Glorietta Bay.
4. The Mira Mesa 4th of July Parade and Family Fun Day: This all-day event is sure to please everyone. The 40-year tradition begins with a pancake breakfast at the Epicentre. Family Fun Day in the Park includes carnival rides, food, and entertainment which is interrupted only for the annual 4th of July parade.
5. San Diego Big Bay Boom: Event officials expect more than 850,000 people to attend the largest fireworks event in San Diego. Fireworks will discharge simultaneously from barges strategically placed around the bay. View the spectacle from several sites, like Shelter Island, Harbor Island, or the Embacadero area. Shuttles will be available both to and from the event.
6. IndepeDANCE Fireworks Party Cruise: Bring the party from land to water by celebrating the Fourth of July on a yacht. Enjoy 360-degree views of San Diego while aboard this floating party. The cruise is open to all ages with a fully stocked bar, a state of the art multimedia system, and a dance floor to dance the night away.
7. San Diego Red, White & Brew PubCrawl: It's a marathon, not a sprint for this event. This bar crawl will keep the party moving through the Gaslamp District. Experience over a dozen bars and venues with drink specials and a VIP after party. The crawl begins at Taste and Thirst in downtown San Diego.
8. San Diego County Fair Fourth of July: Spend the day at the San Diego County Fair and enjoy the grandstand events like the Hometown Heroes Parade and the Navy Band. The highlight of the day will be the fireworks display, visible from anywhere in the fairgrounds.
9. Old Fashioned 4th of July: Go back in time and mark the Fourth of July turn-of-the century style at Old Poway Park. The old west themed event will have live music, patriotic arts and crafts, fun old-fashioned games, iron working demonstrations, and a photo opportunity with Uncle Sam.
10. July 4th at the Maritime Museum: View the fireworks in San Diego Bay from the Maritime Museum of San Diego while exploring historic ships like the Star of India or HMS Surprise. The museum will fire its genuine Napoleon Cannons to herald the start of the show. Other events at the museum include a picnic aboard theBerkley and firework cruises aboard the Californian and Pilot.
Visitors planning a vacation to San Diego for the Fourth of July can't go wrong with these fun activities and events throughout the city!
When it comes to finding out the most complete and current information about what is happening in and around San Diego, tourists and locals alike visit SanDiego.com. As a comprehensive travel guide to San Diego, anyone wishing to visit the area or who lives in San Diego and wants to learn the latest happenings in the city will find everything they need to know about hotels, attractions, theme-parks, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment, local events and more by checking SanDiego.com.
Editor For SanDiego.com
Phone: (858) 454-5900 x10302
With IoT exploding, massive data will transform businesses with opportunities to monetize almost anything that can be measured. In this C-Level Roundtable Discussion at @ThingsExpo, Brendan O’Brien, Aria Systems Co-founder and Chief Evangelist, will lead an expert panel of consultants, thought leaders and practitioners who will look at these new monetization trends, discuss the implications, and detail lessons learned from their collective experience. Finally, the panel will point the way forw...
Apr. 19, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
Health care systems across the globe are under enormous strain, as facilities reach capacity and costs continue to rise. M2M and the Internet of Things have the potential to transform the industry through connected health solutions that can make care more efficient while reducing costs. In fact, Vodafone's annual M2M Barometer Report forecasts M2M applications rising to 57 percent in health care and life sciences by 2016. Lively is one of Vodafone's health care partners, whose solutions enable o...
Apr. 19, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 581
SOASTA, the leader in performance analytics, today reported record growth of the CloudTest community, exceeding 30,000 registered users of the CloudTest platform in Q1 2015. SOASTA also announced widespread adoption of its Web and mobile testing solutions, with more than 1,600 customers completing more than 285,000 tests using CloudTest during the quarter. This rapid growth shows that DevOps-driven digital businesses are embracing a more continuous approach to testing, and CloudTest is meeting t...
Apr. 19, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,078
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists will discuss how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations m...
Apr. 19, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
of cloud, colocation, managed services and disaster recovery solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. TierPoint, LLC, is a leading national provider of information technology and data center services, including cloud, colocation, disaster recovery and managed IT services, with corporate headquarters in St. Louis, MO. TierPoint was formed through the strategic combination of some of t...
Apr. 19, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,364
How is unified communications transforming the way businesses operate? In his session at WebRTC Summit, Arvind Rangarajan, Director of Product Marketing at BroadSoft, will discuss how to extend unified communications experience outside the enterprise through WebRTC. He will also review use cases across different industry verticals. Arvind Rangarajan is Director, Product Marketing at BroadSoft. He has over 19 years of experience in the telecommunications industry in various roles such as Softw...
Apr. 19, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,600
Dave will share his insights on how Internet of Things for Enterprises are transforming and making more productive and efficient operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures in the cleantech industry and beyond. Speaker Bio: Dave Landa is chief operating officer of Cybozu Corp (kintone US). Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Dave has been on the forefront of the Cloud revolution driving strategic business development on the executive teams of multiple leading Software as a Services (SaaS) ap...
Apr. 19, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 640
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vicom Computer Services, Inc., a provider of technology and service solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. They are located at booth #427. Vicom Computer Services, Inc. is a progressive leader in the technology industry for over 30 years. Headquartered in the NY Metropolitan area. Vicom provides products and services based on today’s requirements...
Apr. 19, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
Apr. 19, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,042
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to off...
Apr. 19, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,492
The IoT Bootcamp is coming to Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo on June 9-10 at the Javits Center in New York. Instructor. Registration is now available at http://iotbootcamp.sys-con.com/ Instructor Janakiram MSV previously taught the famously successful Multi-Cloud Bootcamp at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in November in Santa Clara. Now he is expanding the focus to Janakiram is the founder and CTO of Get Cloud Ready Consulting, a niche Cloud Migration and Cloud Operations firm that recently got acquir...
Apr. 19, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,110
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Apr. 19, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,088
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, will share five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the frict...
Apr. 19, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
SYS-CON Media announced today that John Treadway’s blog has exceeded 475,000 page views. John Treadway, Vice President at Cloud Technology Partners, has surpassed 475,000 page views on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, Microservices Journal, and several others. His blog home page at SYS-CON can be found at JohnTreadway.SYS-CON.com.
Apr. 19, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies, a global technology solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a leader in application performance and infrastructure management for commercial and federal markets. The company is headquartered in the United States, with a diverse and talented team of more than 350 employees around th...
Apr. 19, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,596