|By Business Wire||
|June 18, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
Esker, a worldwide leader in document process automation solutions, today announced it has been selected by GECITech, a specialist in the manufacturing of flexible hose and stainless steel fittings, to automate the processing and delivery of its customer invoices. In addition to helping GECITech improve its customer service, Esker’s Accounts Receivable automation solution saves GECITech a significant amount of time and efficiency.
GECITech first contacted Esker in 2012 to outsource the processing and delivery of all of its postal invoices. Previously, GECITech required three full-time employees to manually print, fold, stuff and stamp its 700 monthly invoices (1,500 pages), and needed a solution to modernize the process and eliminate its printing and mailing equipment. Now, responding to customer requests to receive invoices in electronic format, GECITech has extended its existing solution to include sending invoices electronically via email or EDI, and offers document archiving for all delivery methods.
“More and more customers want to move to e-invoicing — either via email or EDI. With Esker we have put in place an innovative solution which allows us to offer our present and future customers a fast, reliable, cutting-edge solution,” said Alain Favre, CEO at GECITech. “Our goal is to eliminate the maximum amount of paper in our company, including all paper archives.”
One Solution, Three Possibilities
Thanks to Esker, GECITech now has the option to deliver invoices to its customers by:
- Postal mail: Esker manages the printing, folding, stuffing, stamping and delivery of all paper invoices to the postal service via Esker Mail Services. GECITech also uses Esker’s virtual printer to send surveys, marketing or commercial mailings.
- Email: Esker automatically delivers invoices by email, either in attachment or link to a web portal.
- EDI: A customized process is developed to facilitate the invoice transmission between a customer’s accounting system and GECITech’s system.
- Decreased risk of errors: Incorrect postal addresses can now be corrected before they are sent.
- Cost savings: With fewer consumables, no hardware maintenance and lower postage costs thanks to Esker’s reduced rates, GECITech has achieved a significant amount of savings.
- Faster availability of electronic invoices
- Time savings: Where it previously took three employees over a day-and-a-half to manage and process all the monthly invoices, it now only takes one AR manager 15 minutes.
- Invoice accessibility: Invoices are available to customers 24/7 thanks to a secure web portal.
“Everyone who works with the solution, employees and customers alike, appreciate its simplicity, usability and effectiveness,” said Favre. “Esker has enabled us to deliver a superior level of service quality to our customers. The amount of speed and transparency in the process are two key elements that will allow us to achieve our objective of zero paper in the future.”
GECITech plans to expand electronic document processing and exchange with all its customers, as well as other subsidiaries, in 2014. The company is also considering automating other critical business document processes with Esker.
For over 20 years GECITech has specialized in the manufacturing of flexible hose and stainless steel fittings for the Food, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnologic, Cosmetic and General Processing industries. The company produces a complete range of flexible hose including Silicone, EPDM, Nitrile and PTFE. With over 100 employees and 15 million euros in sales revenue, GECITech is based in Lyon, France, and has two subsidiaries in the U.S. and Japan, as well as a distribution network in over 40 countries.
Esker is a worldwide leader in document process automation solutions. Addressing all types of business processes, from accounts payable and accounts receivable to order processing and procurement, Esker cloud computing solutions enable companies to automate the reception, processing and sending of any business document with one platform. Esker helps over 80,000 companies around the world to reduce the use of paper and eliminate manual processes while improving their productivity, efficiency and environmental impact.
With 41.1 million euros in sales revenue in 2013, Esker operates in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and U.S. headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. Esker is listed on the NYSE Alternext in Paris (Code ISIN FR0000035818). For more information, visit www.esker.com. Follow Esker on Twitter at twitter.com/eskerinc and join the conversation on the Esker blog at www.quitpaper.com.