|By Business Wire||
|June 18, 2014 12:06 PM EDT||
SimpliVity, the leader in hyperconverged infrastructure for the software-defined data center, today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Visionaries quadrant in the first edition of the Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems, published on June 16, 2014.
SimpliVity’s Data Virtualization Platform delivers a hyperconverged infrastructure solution to solve the data problem plaguing virtualized data centers: ensuring optimized performance, capacity, mobility, manageability, and protection of virtual workloads without driving up CAPEX and OPEX.
- SimpliVity OmniCube was recognized in the Visionary Quadrant based on the company’s completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, some of the market drivers are “improved performance, perceived lower operating expenditure costs and greater IT optimization, increased automation, simplified sourcing and support, faster time to value with infrastructure, and support in moving from IT maintenance to IT innovation.” 1
- According to Gartner, “Integrated systems will account for more than 10% of spending on data center systems by 2015.” The IT Spending worldwide forecast for Data Center Systems is forecasted to reach $147B by 2015.2
SimpliVity’s Integrated Systems Innovation:
- SimpliVity understands the market’s need to address this new, rapidly-growing data center transformation trend, and provides a unique Data Virtualization Platform delivered on hyperconverged infrastructure that reduces IO per second (IOPS), optimizes capacity and improves operational efficiency.
- SimpliVity provides a radical simplification by consolidating infrastructure functionality into a single unified stack running on hyperconverged x86 building blocks—delivered at a fraction of cost and with extreme reduction in complexity. Deploying a network of two or more OmniCubes creates a global federation that facilitates efficient data movement, resource sharing and scalability.
SimpliVity OmniCube’s data architecture uniquely addresses data
efficiency and global management requirements in virtualized and cloud
computing environments. The Data Virtualization Platform achieves:
- VM-centricity by tracking what data belongs to which virtual machine, and enabling VM-mobility.
- High performance and capacity efficiency by eliminating redundancy via deduplication, compression and optimization of data at inception.
- Integrated data protection, including built-in virtual machine (VM) backup and efficient replication between primary and disaster recovery (DR) sites.
- Unified global management across multiple-node and multiple-site federations.
“We’re honored to be included in Gartner’s first-ever Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems,” said Doron Kempel, chairman and CEO of SimpliVity. “While only in our first year of selling, SimpliVity provides the most comprehensive, innovative solution. Gartner sees the emergence of true ‘fabric-based computers’ that merge data center infrastructure more seamlessly. SimpliVity OmniCube is the prime example.”
Supporting Customer Quotes:
Chad Lemmer, Wausau Coated
“After researching all options, SimpliVity was the clear choice. The reduction in complexity and expansion of capabilities that their OmniCube product delivers make it the best in the industry.”
Steve Schaaf, Francis Drilling Fluids
“The technology is a game changer and it really does represent the future of convergence. I love the datacenter-in-a-box concept and it’s backed by solid hardware and all the functionality needed, including data deduplication, replication and WAN optimization. It really was inconceivable that we could deploy a 2U solution and gain all the server, storage and data protection functionality we needed.”
Maurice Myrie, MA Department of Corrections
“SimpliVity has improved overall capacity of user heavy applications and allowed for improved speed and availability of critical applications. We’ve experienced performance improvements of greater than 65%.”
Trevor Silvey, University of Alberta School of Business
“Simplivity has changed the way we deploy server and storage in our environment. It has allowed us to easily tackle both our backup, DR and redundant server infrastructure issues with ease.”
About SimpliVity Corporation
SimpliVity's revolutionary Data Virtualization Platform delivered on hyperconverged infrastructure is the first and only technology that comprehensively —and simply—addresses the performance and capacity challenges in today’s virtualized data centers. Ensuring performance, capacity, mobility, manageability, and protection of data without driving up CAPEX and OPEX requires a new data architecture delivered on commodity x86 building blocks. SimpliVity takes a VM-centric approach, ensures adequate IOPS to fuel application requirements, and drives dramatic efficiency resulting in a 300% TCO savings. Launched in 2013, SimpliVity is used by hundreds of enterprises and service providers worldwide, including Dairylea, T-Systems, University of Alberta School of Business, and Wausau Coated. Headquartered in Massachusetts, SimpliVity's business model is 100% indirect, and its solutions and professional services are available through its network of worldwide resellers and distributors. For more information, contact us at +1 508-310-1032, [email protected] or http://www.simplivity.com.
DISCLAIMER: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems” by Andrew Butler, George J. Weiss, Philip Dawson, June 2014. (Report G00252466)
2 Gartner “Forecast Analysis: IT Spending, Worldwide, 1Q14 Update” by Adrian O’Connell, May 2014. (Report G00262486)