|By Marketwired .||
|June 19, 2014 04:00 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/19/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Telecom Italia, a leading infrastructure telecommunications company, offering fixed, mobile and Internet services and solutions in Italy with operations also in South America, has adopted Juniper Networks® MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers on its service point of presence (PoP) infrastructure.
Juniper's MX Series acts as an edge services aggregation node -- or "Service hub" -- for Telecom Italia's PoP infrastructure; the solution will also be used as a universal software defined networking (SDN) gateway to seamlessly connect physical and virtual networks.
- Telecom Italia is currently trialing Juniper Networks® Contrail SDN and NFV controller with OpenStack to transform its service creation complexity by integrating virtual and physical network functions as well as creating flexible, dynamic service chains.
- Juniper's open approach to SDN/NFV networking enables Telecom Italia to integrate physical and virtual network functions from Juniper Networks as well as third party vendors, enabling a true ecosystem of best-of-breed solutions to achieve differentiated services and subscriber value faster and at lower operating cost.
- Telecom Italia's "Service hub" is a point of flexibility for inserting physical and virtual appliances. The Contrail technology could be used as an enabler to deliver a SDN model of dynamic service-chaining capabilities including flexibility and improved time to market.
"The integration of Juniper Networks high performance technology as a "service hub" brings increased flexibility to introduce new service features to our customers. We leverage Juniper's expertise to make SDN/NFV technologies the key to shortening time-to-market and improve cost effectiveness."
-- Paolo Fasano, Data Networks Innovation, Telecom Italia
"Telecom Italia's selection of Juniper's MX Series to evolve the service PoP will help provide a High-IQ network that is massively scalable and automated to enable rapid service provisioning. We're thrilled they chose to test Juniper Networks Contrail to help create a dynamic services environment."
-- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president of strategy & marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper Networks SDN homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/sdn/
- More information on OpenContrail: http://opencontrail.org/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
+44 (0) 1372 385 686