|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed by leading talent management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), today announced the recipients of its 2014 Impact Grants.
The Foundation launched the Impact Grant program in 2012 to help nonprofits that are already making a meaningful difference to reach even more people in need. Selected nonprofits receive a two-year donation of Cornerstone’s learning and development software and services and a range of pro bono learning and HR consulting services offered by the Foundation, valued at an estimated $1 million. The grant serves as a catalyst for growth of existing community education programs, enabling each of these nonprofits to broaden their reach and increase the number of people and communities served.
The 2014 Impact Grantees include:
- The Aidmatrix Foundation. The Aidmatrix Foundation builds and operates powerful technology hubs that support diverse stakeholder groups in their efforts to work together to solve the world's most challenging humanitarian crises. Aidmatrix intends to leverage Cornerstone to expand current job-based training initiatives, with a goal to educate 50,000 youth by the end of 2016 and, ultimately, 500,000 people around the world.
- The BB Group. The BB Group is an international group of charities based in the UK that is using technology to build communities for connecting people in need with those who can help. The BB Group will use Cornerstone to train 12,000 young people, mentors and volunteers over the first two years of the Impact Grant, with the goal of reaching an additional 48,000 individuals through mentoring, counseling and other measurable online interventions.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA). For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to become productive, caring and responsible citizens. Today, over 4,000 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people annually through Club membership and community outreach. Given that relationships between staff, volunteers and the young people they serve is one of the primary determinants of participants’ success, BGCA intends to use Cornerstone to provide more robust training and development opportunities to Club staff to improve outcomes with their youth membership.
Among last year’s Impact Grant recipients was Darkness to Light, a nonprofit which provides education and prevention programs to combat child sexual abuse. In the six months prior to receiving its Impact Grant, Darkness to Light had trained 1,800 adults with their online version of the Stewards of Children program. In the six months after receiving the grant and launching its online program through Cornerstone’s software, Darkness to Light has already trained 9,250 adults. The organization also is now partnering with school districts and government organizations across the country to empower thousands of teachers and youth workers to protect children in their communities.
Comments on the News
- “The BB Group model depends upon inspiring and educating individuals to take action on the behalf of others. Today, the majority of our volunteer training takes place face-to-face in the UK,” said Emma-Jane Cross, group chief executive of The BB Group. “With the Impact Grant from the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, we can reach people around the world and empower our beneficiaries to transform their own lives and the lives of others.”
- “Child sexual abuse impacts every community and every person across the globe, and we all have a role to play in preventing it,” said Cindy McElhinney, director of programs at Darkness to Light. “With the Impact Grant and Cornerstone, we have the technology and support to help us reach our goal of educating millions on how to keep children safe from abuse in our communities.”
- “Aidmatrix, BB Group and Boys & Girls Clubs of America all have innovative programs in place that are making a measurable difference in the communities they serve," said Julie Brandt, executive director of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. "We are honored to team with each of them to broaden their reach and bring their life-changing programs to even more people in need around the world."
- Apply for an Impact Grant: To learn more about Impact Grants, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.org/impact-grant. The 2015 Impact Grant application process begins December 2014.
- Learn about past recipients: See how past recipients have benefitted from the Impact Grant on the Cornerstone blog at www.cornerstoneondemand.com/blog/full-speed-ahead-setting-sail-cornerstone-ondemand-foundation-2013-impact-grantees.
- Read the Darkness to Light Profile: Also check out the profile on Darkness to Light’s Impact Grant initiatives by visiting www.cornerstoneondemand.org/blog/impact-grant-profile-cindy-mcelhinney-darkness-light.
- Connect with the Foundation: For more information about the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, visit cornerstoneondemand.org. Follow the Foundation’s latest news and updates at twitter.com/csodfoundation and facebook.com/csodfoundation.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 1,700 clients worldwide, spanning more than 14.5 million users across 191 countries and 41 languages. For more information about Cornerstone, visit csod.com. Read Cornerstone’s blog at csod.com/blog. Follow Cornerstone on Twitter at twitter.com/CornerstoneInc. Like Cornerstone on Facebook at facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 28, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,024
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 28, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,782
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 28, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,285
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Dec. 28, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,287
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 28, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,150
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,600
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrateg...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,848
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,177
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 28, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,846
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,002
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,205
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,943
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,894
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,432
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,047