|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 08:05 AM EDT||
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed by leading talent management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), today announced the recipients of its 2014 Impact Grants.
The Foundation launched the Impact Grant program in 2012 to help nonprofits that are already making a meaningful difference to reach even more people in need. Selected nonprofits receive a two-year donation of Cornerstone’s learning and development software and services and a range of pro bono learning and HR consulting services offered by the Foundation, valued at an estimated $1 million. The grant serves as a catalyst for growth of existing community education programs, enabling each of these nonprofits to broaden their reach and increase the number of people and communities served.
The 2014 Impact Grantees include:
- The Aidmatrix Foundation. The Aidmatrix Foundation builds and operates powerful technology hubs that support diverse stakeholder groups in their efforts to work together to solve the world's most challenging humanitarian crises. Aidmatrix intends to leverage Cornerstone to expand current job-based training initiatives, with a goal to educate 50,000 youth by the end of 2016 and, ultimately, 500,000 people around the world.
- The BB Group. The BB Group is an international group of charities based in the UK that is using technology to build communities for connecting people in need with those who can help. The BB Group will use Cornerstone to train 12,000 young people, mentors and volunteers over the first two years of the Impact Grant, with the goal of reaching an additional 48,000 individuals through mentoring, counseling and other measurable online interventions.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA). For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has enabled young people most in need to become productive, caring and responsible citizens. Today, over 4,000 Clubs serve nearly 4 million young people annually through Club membership and community outreach. Given that relationships between staff, volunteers and the young people they serve is one of the primary determinants of participants’ success, BGCA intends to use Cornerstone to provide more robust training and development opportunities to Club staff to improve outcomes with their youth membership.
Among last year’s Impact Grant recipients was Darkness to Light, a nonprofit which provides education and prevention programs to combat child sexual abuse. In the six months prior to receiving its Impact Grant, Darkness to Light had trained 1,800 adults with their online version of the Stewards of Children program. In the six months after receiving the grant and launching its online program through Cornerstone’s software, Darkness to Light has already trained 9,250 adults. The organization also is now partnering with school districts and government organizations across the country to empower thousands of teachers and youth workers to protect children in their communities.
Comments on the News
- “The BB Group model depends upon inspiring and educating individuals to take action on the behalf of others. Today, the majority of our volunteer training takes place face-to-face in the UK,” said Emma-Jane Cross, group chief executive of The BB Group. “With the Impact Grant from the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, we can reach people around the world and empower our beneficiaries to transform their own lives and the lives of others.”
- “Child sexual abuse impacts every community and every person across the globe, and we all have a role to play in preventing it,” said Cindy McElhinney, director of programs at Darkness to Light. “With the Impact Grant and Cornerstone, we have the technology and support to help us reach our goal of educating millions on how to keep children safe from abuse in our communities.”
- “Aidmatrix, BB Group and Boys & Girls Clubs of America all have innovative programs in place that are making a measurable difference in the communities they serve," said Julie Brandt, executive director of the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. "We are honored to team with each of them to broaden their reach and bring their life-changing programs to even more people in need around the world."
- Apply for an Impact Grant: To learn more about Impact Grants, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.org/impact-grant. The 2015 Impact Grant application process begins December 2014.
- Learn about past recipients: See how past recipients have benefitted from the Impact Grant on the Cornerstone blog at www.cornerstoneondemand.com/blog/full-speed-ahead-setting-sail-cornerstone-ondemand-foundation-2013-impact-grantees.
- Read the Darkness to Light Profile: Also check out the profile on Darkness to Light’s Impact Grant initiatives by visiting www.cornerstoneondemand.org/blog/impact-grant-profile-cindy-mcelhinney-darkness-light.
- Connect with the Foundation: For more information about the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, visit cornerstoneondemand.org. Follow the Foundation’s latest news and updates at twitter.com/csodfoundation and facebook.com/csodfoundation.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 1,700 clients worldwide, spanning more than 14.5 million users across 191 countries and 41 languages. For more information about Cornerstone, visit csod.com. Read Cornerstone’s blog at csod.com/blog. Follow Cornerstone on Twitter at twitter.com/CornerstoneInc. Like Cornerstone on Facebook at facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 26, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 604
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
May. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,823
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 26, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,412
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 26, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,967
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,380
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,334
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,697
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,575
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,724
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
May. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,210
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,802
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, CTO and Founder of NIMBOXX, highlighted how a mid-sized manufacturer of global industrial equipment bridged the gap from virtualization to software-defined services, streamlining operations and costs while connect...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,196
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,846
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to DevOps Summit 2015 as Conference Chair. The 4th International DevOps Summit will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great team at ...
May. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566