|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 09:07 AM EDT||
Delectable, released today a brand new version of their critically acclaimed iOS wine app, adding real-time image recognition and extensive wine data to enable users to learn about any wine within seconds. Already the wine app of choice for winemakers, sommeliers, wine critics and wine enthusiasts, version 4.0's new features, user experience and beautiful design make Delectable the ultimate mobile wine tool for all wine drinkers from novice to pro.
“Our breakthrough real-time recognition enables our users to learn more about any wine, instantly,” said Alex Fishman, Delectable’s Founder and CEO. “A wine label alone simply can't tell a wine’s story. Delectable's real-time image recognition brings our users accurate information and trusted reviews from our world-class community, instantly, to help everyone learn about any wine they encounter.”
Real-time image recognition lets you take a photo of any wine label and get instant identification of the wine maker, wine name, grapes, region, community ratings and reviews, plus the option to quickly purchase for home delivery. With average identification in 2.6 seconds, it delivers information about any wine in front of you, turning your iPhone into an indispensible tool to guide your wine-purchasing decisions. It’s quick and easy to use in wine shops, grocery stores and restaurants to help you decide which wine to buy. The new recognition system gives you the option simply scan to learn more via wine portraits, or save a wine to your personal profile and share with the community.
Wine Portraits aggregate the millions of ratings and reviews from the world-class Delectable community into a single dynamic and digestible view to tell the story of any wine you encounter. Wine portraits reveal the experience and expertise of the thousands of winemakers, sommeliers, wine writers and tastemakers using Delectable, giving you access to the deepest wine knowledge bank that has ever existed. Wine portraits compile ratings from both pros and the entire community, letting you choose whether you prefer to rely on professionals or the wisdom of the crowd.
With over 3 million wines chronicled to date, you’ll learn more in minutes than the average drinker can in a lifetime.
In Delectable 4.0, the new real-time image recognition and wine portraits are delivered with the same best-in-class accuracy that has won over wine professionals and critics worldwide. Boldly declared the "only app worth a damn" by leading wine blogger and educator Alder Yarrow, Delectable was also awarded the only perfect score by legendary wine expert Jancis Robinson's publication, "Delectable is a brilliant, brilliant piece of programming. It defeats every other label-recognition app on the market for one simple reason: it identified every label 100% accurately with no corrections required." (Richard Hemmings, JancisRobinson.com)
Delectable 4.0 also includes:
- Wine journaling using the real-time image recognition lets you take a photo of a label to save the wine to your personal wine journal. You can add ratings, reviews, and tag friends and locations to record the experience. You can share your wines to your Delectable community and social networks, search and sort your wine list, and view by region to better understand your taste in wine.
- Personalized recommendations from the Delectable community based on your taste and network give you fast access to discover new wines, and easily purchase or save them for later.
- More complete search makes finding information about wines easy when you don’t want to take a picture. You can find out more about any wine even if you don’t have the bottle nearby.
- An all new, lightning-fast user interface with intuitive, tactile gestures makes navigating the App faster than ever.
- An active community where you can follow top wine professionals and your friends to see what they’re drinking, discover new wines from each other, and start a conversation around the wines you love.
- The newly redesigned wine purchasing experience makes buying wines even easier. We’ll source any available wine you desire and have it delivered to your home or office.
Founded in 2012, Delectable is a leading mobile app that is innovating the way consumers learn about, discover and buy wine. Delectable boasts the world’s most complete dataset for over 3 million wines and an engaged community, including wine’s leading tastemakers. The company is funded by Ceyuan Ventures, Deep Fork Capital, DN Capital, and angel investors David Sacks, Max Levchin, Joe Lonsdale, and Gary Vaynerchuk. For more information, visit the Delectable website, or download the app on iTunes. Delectable is based in San Francisco, CA.