|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 09:07 AM EDT||
Based on a survey of 432 marketers and 4,114 consumers from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s 2014 State of Marketing Nordics found marketers plan to increase investments in social media marketing (71 percent), SEO/SEM (65 percent), content management (63 percent), data and analytics (62 percent) and social listening (60 percent).
Additional findings include:
Top priorities for 2014:
- Increasing and improving brand awareness (57 percent)
- Collecting, measuring and using behavior-based data (52 percent)
- Improving measurement and results of digital channels (37 percent)
- 94 percent of Nordic marketers plan to increase or maintain their email marketing budget
- 57 percent believe email is core to their business
- 65 percent of Nordic consumers use their smartphone to access email at least once per day
- 53 percent of Nordic marketers believe that social marketing is core their business
- 74 percent of marketers believe that social is a critical enabler of products/services their business provides
- 43 percent have a dedicated social team
- 71 percent of Nordic marketers who use mobile believe mobile efforts do or will produce ROI
- 58 percent of marketers use or plan to use mobile for cross-channel engagement
- 94 percent of Nordic consumers ages 18-24 own a smartphone
“In today's hyper-connected world, companies must get closer to their customers,” said Fredrik Saatchi, RVP, EMEA North, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “Our new research provides a powerful view of the state of marketing in the Nordics and underscores the tremendous opportunity marketers have to lead business transformation through digital marketing.”
To download the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s 2014 State of Marketing Nordics report, click here.
About ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud from salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) is the leading 1:1 digital marketing platform, connecting companies with customers in entirely new ways. Learn more at www.ExactTarget.com.
The ExactTarget and Salesforce names and logos are the exclusive property of salesforce.com.
(c) 2014. salesforce.com. All right reserved.