|By Business Wire||
|June 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
CE Week 2014 kicks off next week and will feature a record number of participating companies, a robust conference program and major product debuts from some of the top brands in consumer technology. Known as the CE industry’s top annual mid-year event, CE Week brings together media, analysts and technology thought leaders for product debuts, a dynamic conference program and networking events all focused on innovation. CE Week 2014 is scheduled June 23-27 in New York City, with the CE Week Exhibits and Conference Program scheduled June 25-26 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
“CE Week provides a much-needed reality check for the consumer technology industry with companies showcasing their products that will be on store shelves in time for back to school shopping and holiday purchases,” said Marin Porter, executive producer, CE Week. “This year’s show will be bigger and better than ever with more exhibitors, press events and product demos than ever before.”
CE Week 2014 will feature more than 170 participating companies, including tech startups as well as global brands including B&H, Bang & Olufsen, Delphi, Denon, DISH, Harman, LG, Monster, Pioneer Electronics, Sharp, Sony, Tiffen and WowWee. Products on display at CE Week include:
- Audio-Technica U.S., Inc - The ATH-AX1iS, ATH-AX3iS and ATH-AX5iS SonicFuel™ over-ear headphones deliver exceptional audio with cushioned ear pads and headbands that allow for extended wear.
- Autonomic – The Mirage Audio System is comprised of Mirage Media Servers with a choice of two Mirage digital amplifiers, two in-wall keypads and the free Mirage Media Controller app for iOS and Android devices.
- BodyGuardz – The ScreenGuardz HD IMPACT screen protection provides real impact protection using layers that cushion your device from impact and shock.
- Boombotix – The REX has the highest power-to-size ratio portable Bluetooth speaker on the market, with no distortion at loud volumes.
- Chargerleash – The Chargerleash is designed to rapidly charge and sync the latest devices from Apple, Samsung, Android, BlackBerry and Windows
- Damson – Featuring portable audio speakers including the Twist, Oyster and Pearl.
- DISH – The Hopper®Whole-Home HD DVR platform lets subscribers record up to eight shows at once, and take favorite shows on-the-go with a mobile device.
- Epson America - The Epson® PowerLite® Pro Cinema 6020UB delivers outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance for home entertainment AV elitists.
- First Sign Technologies - First Sign Technologies is the first automatic security system designed to protect against violent crimes.
- FlipCase International – The FlipCase is a convenient way to carry and use laptops and tablets.
- i4C Innovations - Worn comfortably around a dog's neck, VOYCE™ is a sophisticated wearable health band that monitors vital signs as well as activity, rest and calories burned.
- iHome – The iBN6 is a iPX7 rated waterproof, shock resistant portable Bluetooth Stereo speaker with simple tap to pair NFC technology in a rugged, fun loving form factor.
- iLuv Creative Technology - The selfy™ ecosystem makes it easy for consumers to capture their experiences with mobile devices wherever they go. At the core of this ecosystem is selfy™, the world's first mobile device case with a built-in wireless camera shutter.
- LG - Demonstrating its award-winning 2014 lineup of Ultra HD TVs with webOS as well as its latest Galley OLED TV, 34-inch UltraWide monitor and more.
- Libratone – Showcasing its line of wireless speakers, including the Loop, Zipp, Live and Lounge.
- Livescribe – The Livescribe 3 pairs with the Livescribe+ app to instantly sync everything you write on paper directly onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Maxell – The Maxell SSB-4W Digital Soundbar offers Bluetooth for pairing your smartphone or music player and provides warm, rich, powerful sound in a sleek and stylish design.
- Mimoco – The MimoPowerBot is the world’s first character-based universal backup battery for smart phones, tablets and other USB-powered devices.
- Nbryte – The tablift is the perfect solution for solving the challenge of using your tablet hands-free.
- NVIDIA - The Tegra VCM allows in-vehicle systems to be easily upgraded as newer hardware becomes available.
- Olloclip – The olloclip™ Photo and Video App for iPhone and iPod Touch takes full advantage of the olloclip® 3-in-1 Lens System and expands the possibilities of olloclip fisheye, wide-angle and macro photography.
- Onkyo – The THX®-certified TX-NR737 and TX-NR838 network A/V receivers set a new standard for performance and value by combining superlative sound quality with the latest in 4K/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2-compliant video and wireless hi-res audio connectivity.
- OtterBox – Showcasing an array of products, including the OtterBox Defender Series with iON Intelligence.
- Polaroid - Showcasing its entire range of fun, family-friendly and easy to use electronics at the show including the most updated version of the Socialmatic.
- Perceptive Devices – Explore the Perceptive Devices exhibit and see the potential of wearables, such as smart glasses or HMDs, when they can be controlled completely hands-free and voice-free.
- PulseOn – The PulseOn heart-rate monitor is a small wrist device which measures heart rate reliably and accurately, without the need for a chest belt, allowing you to get the most out of your training.
- Qardio – The QardioArm is a wireless blood pressure monitor that tracks blood pressure and heart rate automatically, with the ability to share information.
- Rain Design – Featuring award-winning accessories for Apple iMac, Macbook, iPad and iPhone including the iGo iMac desk, mBase iMac elevator, i360 iMac turntable and iLap ergonomic stand.
- Ricoh Imaging – The Pentax 645Z seamlessly combines brilliant build quality, exceptional operability and hyper resolution with 51.4 million effective pixels.
- ROCKI - ROCKI Play is a portable WiFi enabled dongle that quickly transforms any speaker, with an audio input, to a wireless speaker system.
- Sharp - Unveiling the latest innovations in high-res large screen television viewing, with the Sharp AQUOS Q+ Series LED Smart TV.
- Simple Living Technology – The Simple Living Technology cloud-based web camera will enable the consumer to monitor the status of their home while away with additional components that measure smoke and carbon monoxide.
- Simple.TV – Simple.TV streams and records free live TV, allowing for viewing at home or anywhere in the world with Chomecast support that lets users "cast" their favorite live and recorded TV shows onto any HDTV powered by Google's device.
- Singtrix - From the creators of Guitar Hero comes Singtrix®, the next-generation karaoke machine that makes bad singers sound great and great singers sound amazing.
- Skulpt – The Skulpt Aim measures the fat percentage of individual areas, as well as the muscle quality (MQ) - a metric of the muscles' strength and definition.
- SnowLizard – The SLXtreme is the world’s only waterproof, rugged, and battery-boosting case for the iPad 4.
- Sony – Showcasing the Sony Alpha A77 II, Sony Alpha a6000, Sony Alpha A7S and Sony FDR-AX100 4K Consumer Handycam.
- Tablo – Tablo is a 2-Tuner Over-The-Air (OTA) DVR for cord-cutters using HDTV antennas to get access to broadcast TV signals.
- Thinium - The Thinium Charge is an ultra-thin, portable wall charger that easily slides into your wallet, purse or pocket.
- Tiffen – The new Tiffen Dfx Creative Digital Effects Filter Suite is the definitive set of digital optical filters with over 130 filters producing 2000+ special effects.
- TiVo – Showcasing its line of Roamio DVR series featuring four or six tuners and unprecedented storage (up to 3000 hours).
- TREWGrip - TREWGrip is a handheld rear-type keyboard and air mouse for mobile technology, desktop computers and Smart TVs.
- VUSE - VUSE is the only vapor product that delivers a satisfying and great tasting vapor experience combined with consistent and reliable performance.
- Westinghouse Digital – Showcasing its full lineup of new 4K LED Ultra HD Displays and Roku ready HDTV.
- WHOOSH! – The WHOOSH! Screen Shine is designed to keep phones, tablets and devices shining like new and resistant to smudges and fingerprints.
- WindowLikr - WindowLikrTM enables the first pixel-perfect, video-based mobile media experience connecting people to their favorite content.
- Velodyne - The on-ear vLeve® and vFree® headphones are available with designer accessory skins, which are silicon-based and flexible, enabling music lovers to match the style of the headphones they wear to the fashions and sounds they prefer.
- Zivix – The PUC Wireless link connects MIDI compatible musical instruments with iOS devices via Wi-Fi, providing seamless music creation.
- zNitro – The Nitro Glass is a premium glass screen protector that is made of highly engineered tempered glass that can handle even a hammer test.
A complete list of exhibitor products can be found by accessing the Exhibitor Directory.
Media will have a sneak preview of the entire CE Week show floor at the official CE Week Media Breakfast, powered by ShowStoppers. The media-only breakfast is scheduled from 9-11 a.m., Wednesday, June 25 before the show officially opens.
In addition to innovative product exhibits at CE Week 2014, the CE Week Conference Program will include discussions exploring the latest trends in technology innovation with topics ranging from the connected car to wearable technologies, digital health, 3D printing, augmented reality and beyond. The conference program will feature executives from global brands including Makerbot, Monster, Sharp, Sony and Tiffen, as well as an Intel keynote. The full conference program schedule can be found here.
CE Week partner conference programs will take place throughout the week including the Connected Car Conference, focused on game-changing behind-the-wheel innovations and Your Next TV Conference, showcasing the technologies that are enhancing the TV experience for consumers. To view the complete schedule of partner conference sessions visit CEWeekNY.com.
Exhibitors, including Monster, Pioneer, Sony, Sharp, Withings and FiftyThree, will make major product announcements during CE Week with media-only events. View the full CE Week press conference schedule here.
New for the 2014 event is CE Week TV, which will be broadcast from the main exhibit hall and the CE Week Studios. All CE Week Conference Programs and press conferences will be recorded and posted through CE Week TV for tech enthusiasts worldwide.
For more information on exhibitors or conference sessions, or to register for CE Week 2014, visit CEWeekNY.com. Follow CE Week 2014 on Facebook, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter and use the official CE Week hashtag, #CEWeek, and download the official CE Week App for IOS or Android.
About CE Week:
CE Week is the consumer electronics (CE) industry’s official weeklong, citywide event in New York City. The official mid-year meeting, conference and new technology showcase includes the event headquarters, CE Week Exhibits, which is the site of CE Week’s largest exhibition hall and conference program. CE Week is organized in association with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)® by Martin Porter & Associates and Consumer Technology Publishing Group/NAPCO, publisher of Dealerscope, Technology Integrator and the Technology Tell Network.
Entuity®, a provider of enterprise-class network management solutions, today announced that it solidifies its position as a market leader through global enterprise customer acquisitions and a refined channel strategy. In 2014, Entuity increased new license revenues in EMEA by over 75 percent, and LATAM by over 125 percent as customers embraced Entuity for its highly automated solution and unified architecture. Entuity’s refined channel strategy focuses on even deeper strategic alignment with ke...
Feb. 1, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 854
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Feb. 1, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 3,290
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Feb. 1, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 3,064
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Feb. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 3,198
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,650
At 15th Cloud Expo, Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, demos a video delivery platform that helps you do interactive videos. He discusses how Harbinger is accomplishing it in the cloud world, the problems they faced and the choices they made to get around these problems.
Feb. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,781
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,806
AppDynamics, the application intelligence leader for software-defined businesses, announced the general availability of the AppDynamics Fall '14 Release. Serving the combined needs of IT and business teams across the enterprise, the latest release provides a comprehensive view across all aspects of digital performance in ultra large scale deployments. AppDynamics delivers Application Intelligence by building out advanced capabilities across the key areas of analytics, unified monitoring and D...
Feb. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,115
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
Feb. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,086
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the tec...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,487
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise be...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,022
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,388
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,806
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 3,050
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of present...
Feb. 1, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,121