|By Business Wire||
|June 20, 2014 12:39 PM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5mhnzj/overcoming_post) has announced the addition of the "Overcoming Post Deployment Challenges in LTE" report to their offering.
LTE offers significant advantages over the current 3G technology such as faster data transfer, higher spectral efficiency, and improved latency. However, as the technology is still evolving, operators are also facing many post deployment challenges such as policy control and traffic management, pricing and service bundling, traffic migration, interoperability, and Voice over LTE. This Report is designed to serve as a quick reference for strategic planning for overcoming major post deployment challenges.
The study begins with in-depth analyses of all the major challenges in LTE monetisation. Our study indicates that RoI is currently the major challenge for LTE operators while technical, regulatory, and ecosystem related challenges are also limiting their growth. Moreover, the current options for offering voice over LTE are somewhat temporary solutions.
The next chapter focuses on key aspects of LTE traffic management & resource optimisation. LTE operators are anticipating spectrum crisis as a major challenge in the coming years and are worried about controlling the cost of acquiring more spectrum to match the demand for high bandwidth services. However, they can optimise their network performance and can ensure the QoE by making appropriate strategies for spectrum refarming, data offloading, smart policy management and network friendly mobile devices.
The concluding chapter provides strategic guidelines on key LTE issues such as migration & interoperability (Backward Compatibility), LTE Pricing, LTE Branding, financing strategies for LTE devices, and customer support and billing.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Executive Summary
Chapter 2: Major Challenges in LTE Monetisation
- Top LTE Issues Analysed
- Lack of Spectrum Harmonisation Affecting Interoperability, Roaming and QoS
- How spectrum crisis affects operators' LTE plans?
- Band Fragmentation Leading to Complexities
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
Chapter 3: Traffic Management & Resource Optimisations
- Global Mobile Data Consumption Landscape
- Soaring Bandwidth: Mobile Devices Boom
- Data Offloading
- Strategic Importance of Wi-Fi beyond Traffic Offloading
- Role of Policy Management to ensure Optimised Solutions
- Challenges in Policy Management Implementation
- PCRF/ Policy Server
- What do LTE Operators need to insure for optimising their network performance?
- Backhaul Costs and Options
- Evolving to an All-IP Network
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- LTE Handset Availability and Compatibility Issues
Chapter 4: Strategic Guidelines for Overcoming Post Deployment Challenges
- Migration & Interoperability (Backward Compatibility)
- LTE Pricing - How does the end-user perceive it?
- LTE Branding
- Financing Strategies for LTE Devices
- Customer Support & Billing
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5mhnzj/overcoming_post