|By Marketwired .||
|June 24, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/24/14 -- New Relic, the software analytics company, announced today that the New Relic community has built more than 100 publicly published plugins through the company's open APM SaaS platform, enabling any user to extend real-time monitoring for their entire, unique modern software stack. Launched one year ago this month, New Relic Platform has become a go-to industry library for building and sharing plugins for nearly 8,000 customer accounts.
With an ever-increasing number of languages and infrastructure components helping to build and support the delivery of modern software, extending performance monitoring of the application stack across a breadth of technologies, old and new, had been a challenge. The open SaaS New Relic Platform offers a simple process to build and publish plugins. Dashboards for publishers enable them to easily maintain and respond to user feedback. Users can also rate and favorite their plugins, which they have done nearly 2,000 times in the past year. Plugins can be public for free use or remain private.
"We couldn't possibly be domain experts in developing real-time monitoring solutions for each and every potential piece of the modern application stack, but we thought collectively our customers could. Our goal was to give them some simple tools and watch them go! One of the best surprises for us was the popularity and heavy activity among large enterprises, which just shows you that modern software touches all companies, large and small."
-Patrick Lightbody, vice president of product management, New Relic
"Before the New Relic Platform became available, I would look at the MySQL performance metrics in one window, then open New Relic in another window to see how our application was responding to different load levels. Now I can use a MySQL plugin for New Relic, I see it all in a single visualization at once."
- Eric Peterson, Drupal web developer, Tableau Software
Stats on Platform Activity
- 80 percent of the public plugins have been published by community members and 20 percent by New Relic
- Approximately 100 plugins were published for public use
- Approximately 330 plugins have been built for private use
- Nearly 8,000 customer accounts use plugins
- Approximately 14,000 plugins are actively in use
- The most popular and actively used plugins are for monitoring MySQL and Microsoft SQL databases.
- The most popular plugins monitor these kinds of technology, in order of popularity: databases, email, web servers and caching layers.
- Plugins for the monitoring of cloud services by Rackspace, Amazon and Microsoft Azure are also popular downloads.
Build plugins to collect and visualize the data you want, with total freedom to:
- Rapidly create and deploy new plugins to optimize your entire app environment
- Build in no time. Developers have built and published plugins in hours
- Build new plugins and use them to troubleshoot your unique stack
- Enjoy total flexibility. Keep plugins in-house, or share them with our thousands of customers
- For commentary about the dynamic New Relic community, visit our blog
- To learn more about New Relic Platform and the public plugins, visit the product page here
About New Relic
New Relic is a software analytics company that enables organizations to collect, store and analyze massive amounts of software data in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution provides one powerful interface for web and native mobile applications and consolidates the performance monitoring data for any chosen technology in your environment. We have over 200,000 users that utilize our cloud solution to analyze more than 200 billion data points daily across more than three million application instances. When your brand and customer experience depend on the performance of modern software, New Relic provides insight into your overall environment. Learn more at http://newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.