|By Marketwired .||
|June 25, 2014 02:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/25/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
With the growth of digital lifestyle services, communications service providers (CSPs) need agile and flexible networks to shorten their service development lifecycle and differentiate themselves from their competitors. Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) enables CSPs to accelerate the convergence of their IT and network domains and bring new services and applications to the marketplace more quickly. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator supports CSPs in their migration to NFV, enabling them to move away from rigid network architectures designed for a few select services to a flexible platform that can be automatically reconfigured to support current and future services.
- Oracle today announced the release of Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator, which manages the lifecycle of a virtual network function -- a software component that can be deployed on a virtualized infrastructure -- to help launch next-generation network services significantly faster by virtually eliminating the need to secure and deploy new network hardware for each service.
- NFV is considered the next generation of network architecture, with the potential to significantly reduce telecommunications network complexity by replacing incompatible network appliances with standardized software that is easier to configure, upgrade, and operate.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator reduces deployment time considerably for new network functions, enabling CSPs to improve operational efficiency and service agility.
- The new solution is also designed to work with Oracle Communications Core Session Manager, a solution that helps CSPs virtualize network infrastructures to support NFV efforts.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator supports NFV architecture standards from the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), the main standards body guiding NFV development. The new solution helps CSPs:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of a virtual network function, enabling them to more easily orchestrate the complex network environments required by emerging services
- Respond to changes in network capacity requirements by monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), such as subscriber connection requests, and automatically deploying virtual network functions to meet network capacity demand
- In addition, Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator can integrate with multiple virtualization infrastructure managers to support a flexible, multi-cloud environment and help avoid vendor lock-in.
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator is designed to fulfill the role of virtual network function manager in the ETSI architecture.
- "Replacing hardware networking elements with standalone, virtualized network functions instances is not enough for CSPs to unlock network virtualization service agility benefits. They also need interoperable, standardized application programming interfaces (APIs) between virtualized network functions, virtualized network functions managers, virtualized infrastructure managers, orchestrators, policy controllers, and OSS service orchestration. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator provides an essential piece in ETSI's NFV architecture that will facilitate CSPs' transition to virtualized next-generation networks," said Glen Ragoonanan, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
- "As smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices explode in popularity, communications service providers are experiencing increasing pressure to deliver compelling data services while competing with over-the-top providers to remain relevant. Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator enables CSPs to move away from rigid network architectures to a flexible platform that can be easily reconfigured to address any number of current or future services," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator
- Oracle Communications Application Orchestrator Data Sheet
- Oracle Communications Core Session Manager
- Connect with Oracle Communications on Diigo, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 22, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,558
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developmen...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
In a world of ever-accelerating business cycles and fast-changing client expectations, the cloud increasingly serves as a growth engine and a path to new business models. Dynamic clouds enable businesses to continuously reinvent themselves, adapting their business processes, their service and software delivery and their operations to achieve speed-to-market and quick response to customer feedback. As the cloud evolves, the industry has multiple competing cloud technologies, offering on-premises ...
May. 22, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,844
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 22, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,748
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,393
In high-production environments where release cycles are measured in hours or minutes — not days or weeks — there's little room for mistakes and no room for confusion. Everyone has to understand what's happening, in real time, and have the means to do whatever is necessary to keep applications up and running optimally. DevOps is a high-stakes world, but done well, it delivers the agility and performance to significantly impact business competitiveness.
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,670
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,075
Hybrid IT is an approach to delivering IT services that matches business requirements and application needs with different IT deployment modalities. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Jeff Katzen, Director of the Cloud Practice at CenturyLink, and Gary Sloper, Area Vice President, Sales Engineering and Operations, at CenturyLink, will go into more depth around those different modalities and how customers have made decisions to choose between them. They will talk to some of the challenges t...
May. 22, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,415
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
May. 22, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,840
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 22, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,498
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
May. 22, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,986
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 22, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 856
With worldwide spending on cloud services and infrastructure growing by 23% in 2015 to $118B, it is clear that cloud services are here to stay. Yet, the rate of cloud adoption varies by companies and markets around the world. With thousands of outages and hijacks across the Internet every day, one reason for hesitation is the faith in quality Internet performance. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Kane, Senior Manager at Dyn, will explore how Internet performance affects your end-user...
May. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,202
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to DevOps Summit 2015 as Conference Chair. The 4th International DevOps Summit will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great team at ...
May. 22, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,237